West Orange-Stark 6 Silsbee 5/FINAL

WOSgrad

The 22-4A Baseball district is the equivalent to the football "district of doom" from East Texas a few years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if all 4 of our playoff teams will have the same situation as last year. Well, if the playoff bracket allows it. I could be mistaken, but weren't we the only district that had all 4 teams still alive after round 4 of the playoffs?

I haven't looked st the brackets but if they match the basketball brackets which I think they do, it will only be possible for 2 teams from a district to reach the 4th round.  Now I do have a question from Friday night and this went both ways, no way is it any excuse for an outcome,  but was at least the outside of the strike zone as inconsistent as it seemed to me?  I was kind of at a tough angle.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

I haven't looked st the brackets but if they match the basketball brackets which I think they do, it will only be possible for 2 teams from a district to reach the 4th round.  Now I do have a question from Friday night and this went both ways, no way is it any excuse for an outcome,  but was at least the outside of the strike zone as inconsistent as it seemed to me?  I was kind of at a tough angle.

Ah, ok, so it must have been the 3 Rd round last season we were all still alive and had to play each other again.

9 hours ago, kicker said:

Ah, ok, so it must have been the 3 Rd round last season we were all still alive and had to play each other again.

Yes district opponents can only meet in 3rd and regional final round. By looking at the brackets if they did a simple switch you could change that to the 4th and 5th rounds which I like the chance of proving who the toughest district is.

Also be aware that with the change in district number, our district will meet a much tougher district in the first round with the likes of Hudson, Jasper, Huntington. Rather than the Huffman district who we have seen in the first round for many years with the Coldsprings, Shepherd, and Tarkington. Splendora was typically the two seed, but has moved up to 5A. But remember HJ moved to that district now and looks to be the favorite to win it. They will matchup with intercity Houston schools first round.