JEFF NELSON NAMED NEW HC AT BEAUMONT CENTRAL

setxguru

Isn't the  Keith O'Neal applicant  the Former Running Back under Stowers and Washington. Its good to see a young man leave Beaumont to try and return home why is he not a good option? You would think a young guy like him would get looked at for the job since he was raised by the community right?

5 hours ago, TD-Jag409 said:

Isn't the  Keith O'Neal applicant  the Former Running Back under Stowers and Washington. Its good to see a young man leave Beaumont to try and return home why is he not a good option? You would think a young guy like him would get looked at for the job since he was raised by the community right?

Yes he is.  I don't know how much coaching experience he has under his belt but I did mention to 2 separate people, regardless of what head coach is chosen, they should offer him some position on the staff and bring him home...

Yes...  I nicknamed him 'Mr. Playoffs' when he played and he was VERY key in our success on our 2008 AND 2009 teams.  

I also share Jag Insider's sentiments...  If he don't get the position, let him be on the staff.  He can teach our players a lot, being that he also endured a lot of off the field issues during his time at Central.  He could be a great role model and tutor as well as a coach...

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes...  I nicknamed him 'Mr. Playoffs' when he played and he was VERY key in our success on our 2008 AND 2009 teams.  

I also share Jag Insider's sentiments...  If he don't get the position, let him be on the staff.  He can teach our players a lot, being that he also endured a lot of off the field issues during his time at Central.  He could be a great role model and tutor as well as a coach...

Sounds like he might be just the kind of guy they need on staff (at least). There's a lot to be said about a guy who has been where the kids are and can impart that wisdom.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, Reagan said:

If getting the job is true, why would he put himself in the same situation again?

I am happy for Coach Nelson.  He is a good coach and actually should not have been fired from Ozen.  The rumor mill when he was forced out from Ozen at that time was that he was just about to turn the Ozen program around and Lambert and the powers that be did not want Ozen to be successful so they forced him out.  I also heard that when things died down and if the Central job came open and he was available he would definitely get the job.  Wow.  Funny how things turned out.  

So apparently I made a mistake about Coach Frank being the Defensive Coordinator at Ozen after Coach Brown. Apparently he was the Defensive Coordinator before Coach Brown and then Coach Strange took over when Brown got sick. Still don't think he was the Defensive Coordinator at Channelview, but the GURU has been wrong before. 

7 hours ago, setxguru said:

So apparently I made a mistake about Coach Frank being the Defensive Coordinator at Ozen after Coach Brown. Apparently he was the Defensive Coordinator before Coach Brown and then Coach Strange took over when Brown got sick. Still don't think he was the Defensive Coordinator at Channelview, but the GURU has been wrong before. 

Hey man, we all make mistakes.  The hardest part is admitting it...

4 hours ago, TD-Jag409 said:

What's the news on the school spring ball starts soon right how is everything going with the staff forming ? 

It was originally going to start on the 4th but due to STARR testing, the will kick it off on Friday the 5th is what I was told. 

As for the staffing, I'll get back with you...

On 5/1/2017 at 3:26 PM, Jag Insider said:

It was originally going to start on the 4th but due to STARR testing, the will kick it off on Friday the 5th is what I was told. 

As for the staffing, I'll get back with you...

spring ball tomorrow in jag land baby!! I waiting to see the new staff and offensive/defensive scheme they will run next year