JEFF NELSON NAMED NEW HC AT BEAUMONT CENTRAL

setxguru

Want to be the first to congratulate Jeff Nelson as the new BMT Central Head Football Coach. Good luck Coach Nelson! Heard it tonight from the horses mouth! You were screwed over once by BISD administration but now go get your redemption. Nelson inherits the only other team besides PNG in District 22-5A that has made the playoffs four consecutive years. Build on the Jag Tradition and take it to another level. Go Jags!

13 hours ago, setxguru said:

Want to be the first to congratulate Jeff Nelson as the new BMT Central Head Football Coach. Good luck Coach Nelson! Heard it tonight from the horses mouth! You were screwed over once by BISD administration but now go get your redemption. Nelson inherits the only other team besides PNG in District 22-5A that has made the playoffs four consecutive years. Build on the Jag Tradition and take it to another level. Go Jags!

Is this confirmed?

Not that it isn't one of the worst kept secrets in SETX! LOL!

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Is this confirmed?

Not that it isn't one of the worst kept secrets in SETX! LOL!

Not according to this guy:

This is the hidden content, please

Jeff Nelson said Wednesday he has not been named the new head football coach at Central, despite conflicting reports.

15 hours ago, setxguru said:

If getting the job is true, why would he put himself in the same situation again?

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not according to this guy:

Jeff Nelson said Wednesday he has not been named the new head football coach at Central, despite conflicting reports.

Conflicting reports?  I follow Ashly, Dave, Mike and Heather on twitter as well as Matt Stepp, who knows when a coaching candidate goes to the bathroom.  Yet, the only mention I have heard of Nelson being named head coach is the post by setxguru.

Hey guru, are you are reporter?  Is Jordan paying you to be a reporter here?  JORDAN, YOU AND I NEED TO HAVE A TALK! :)

Ok so apparently the GURU was not supposed to say anything just yet, but I was told today it will be announced this week. Also Insider you probably would have more coaches that would "want to be" or "want to stay" at Central if the administration was ran better or if there was more of an emphasis put on athletics or at least supporting athletics. Name me one thing at Central HS besides athletics the last four years that has been positive or successful besides athletics. Here is an even scarier thought, in the 48 year combined history of Ozen and Central only one football coach made it past four years and that was Coach Enoch Dixon. Were the other 15 Head Football coaches just building their resumes?

14 hours ago, setxguru said:

Ok so apparently the GURU was not supposed to say anything just yet, but I was told today it will be announced this week. Also Insider you probably would have more coaches that would "want to be" or "want to stay" at Central if the administration was ran better or if there was more of an emphasis put on athletics or at least supporting athletics. Name me one thing at Central HS besides athletics the last four years that has been positive or successful besides athletics. Here is an even scarier thought, in the 48 year combined history of Ozen and Central only one football coach made it past four years and that was Coach Enoch Dixon. Were the other 15 Head Football coaches just building their resumes?

1st off, how about you inbox me your name so that I know who you are and not just hiding behind a screen name...

Sounds like you got mad because other people on this board started calling out your creditability.  Well the phone calls that I made and received yesterday, nothing has been announced as of 9:00 this morning officially.  I hope it does get announced this week so that the ball can get rolling for spring ball in May.  I have boys in the program. 

I do understand that some administrators have not been the most supportive of certain coaches for whatever reason.  Stowers who was there from 2005-2008 and went 27-17 over his time there with a district championship was a prime example.  But his administrator at that time is currently behind bars where she belongs.  I do know that we had several young men that competed at the Texas Relays this past weekend in Austin and the district would not foot the bill.  So a few of the coaches, who I highly commend, came out of their pocket for rooms, transportation, food, etc. to make it happen.  To give those young men a chance to compete at a higher level and go to Austin.  Austin is a hop, skip and a jump away for some of us, but lets be honest, a few of those young men may never go to Austin again but they will at least have lasting memories of what those coaches did and being with their teammates.  While I'm on the subject, Central has the best track team, girls and boys, in Beaumont.  Yet they practice on the worst and unsafest track in the city.  When this issue is brought up to administrators at all levels, basically whats being said is the track is not going to get fixed no time soon.  So while Ozen and West Brook can walk outside of their campus for track practice, coaches and students have to shuttle the kids over to Babe Zaharious for track practice because the district won't supply a bus for that either.

Name you one thing positive?  Kids going off to college on academic scholarships to get a high education.  Kids being accepted to medical programs after graduating high school because of the medical program on campus.  Kids going on to the military right out of high school with a higher rank because of the ROTC program.  I would consider the band successful in getting kids to further their education as well.  One of my boys is #2 academically in his class and the other is not to far from the top either.  So hey, there you go.   

I don't keep up with Ozen.  In my opinion, it should have never been opened.  You are correct, Dixon (49-53-2) is the longest tenured coach to come through Central.  Sedberry (30-13), Stowers (27-17), Washington (22-23) and Foreman (23-21) are the only others to at least stay 4 years.  Of them, only 1 (Washington) was removed.  The others left on their own accord for various reasons.  But I do think Nelson (when officially announced) will be there longer than 4 years and have the program going in the right direction.

Man, I know a lot more about the happenings around that particular school than you think.  People like you are the problem. 

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

So moderators, my last line was deleted but not his?  Figures...

Um, no.  It was an administrator.

And you really think that I was going to allow a line about private parts stand?  Coming from you, that is disappointing.  BTW, it was my intention to remove both (which I have now done).

I guess I struck a nerve. I stand by what I said in my earlier post, Central has had some really good coaches that never stay beyond 3 or 4 years. The reason that is has to do with lack of support from the administration as well as unreasonable expectations. There is no way you can make me believe that every coach in the history of Central is just there to build there resume and then move on. You would have to be very naive to believe that. Whether it's a principal that went to prison or a revolving door of principals, you are not going to keep quality coaches around that way! In my opinion Stowers, Foreman, Suggs, and Sedberry are all damn good head coaches that all did good things for Central but all chose not to stick around because of all the nonsense. How do you not see that. There is no telling who just never applied because of the lack of support, constant change, and the nonsense! Ozen is in the exact same situation. Carrol Thomas got rid of Arthur Louis because he couldn't beat Mid County and advance in the playoffs! How has that worked for them since then! No established and successful coach wants to work for incompetent idiots. Central is coming off four straight playoff appearances including a co district title in 2014, with 14 starters back and there were 6 total applicants. That is embarrassing and should tell the whole story! 

I am also curious as to why you are so sure Nelson will be so successful as the next head coach? Earlier you posted four coaches at Central's overall records which were Sedberry (30-13) playoffs (3) DC (2) Stowers (27-17) Playoffs (3) DC (1) Washington (22-23) Playoffs (2) DC (1) Foreman 23-21 Playoffs (4) DC (1). Here is Nelsons four years

2009 (2-8) no playoffs

2010 (3-7) no playoffs

2011 (7-6) fourth in district / 3rd round playoffs

2012 (4-7) fourth place in district / 1st round playoffs

Overall (16-28) playoffs (2) DC (0)

Fired for breaking multiple UIL rules and putting the school on probation for four years. 

The crazy thing is he has gotten the job already and because of the pitiful list of six he is who I would have chosen as well. The sad thing is that you and a few others actually are wanting a coach with this resume leading your program. What does that say for your program?

10 hours ago, setxguru said:

I guess I struck a nerve. I stand by what I said in my earlier post, Central has had some really good coaches that never stay beyond 3 or 4 years. The reason that is has to do with lack of support from the administration as well as unreasonable expectations. There is no way you can make me believe that every coach in the history of Central is just there to build there resume and then move on. You would have to be very naive to believe that. Whether it's a principal that went to prison or a revolving door of principals, you are not going to keep quality coaches around that way! In my opinion Stowers, Foreman, Suggs, and Sedberry are all damn good head coaches that all did good things for Central but all chose not to stick around because of all the nonsense. How do you not see that. There is no telling who just never applied because of the lack of support, constant change, and the nonsense! Ozen is in the exact same situation. Carrol Thomas got rid of Arthur Louis because he couldn't beat Mid County and advance in the playoffs! How has that worked for them since then! No established and successful coach wants to work for incompetent idiots. Central is coming off four straight playoff appearances including a co district title in 2014, with 14 starters back and there were 6 total applicants. That is embarrassing and should tell the whole story! 

No nerves struck.  I am man enough to respect everyone's opinion on this board.  People are going to agree and disagree on here, that's just a fact.  We are all supposed to be grown ups but your last line in your other post on Wednesday night (which has been deleted) is why I came at you.  Other than that, you have the right to say almost whatever you want to on here. 

My only problem is several people just like yourself come on here wanting to tear down everything in Beaumont but you hide behind a computer screen with no avator or a name that shows no affiliation to anyone.  It's easy to run off at the mouth or fingers in this case when nobody can tie you to anything.  What I call that is a hiding coward.  Every town in this area has dirty laundry.  So unless you feel like exposing yourself, I'm done with you.  If you want to chop it up in person, I'll be at the 22-5A district track meet Monday in Nederland supporting my son and all the other Jaguars.  I'll have a blue nomex shirt on with a grey Central hat on the visitors side near the finish line...or if my inbox is better suited for you, that'll be fine too...

10 hours ago, setxguru said:

I am also curious as to why you are so sure Nelson will be so successful as the next head coach? Earlier you posted four coaches at Central's overall records which were Sedberry (30-13) playoffs (3) DC (2) Stowers (27-17) Playoffs (3) DC (1) Washington (22-23) Playoffs (2) DC (1) Foreman 23-21 Playoffs (4) DC (1). Here is Nelsons four years

2009 (2-8) no playoffs

2010 (3-7) no playoffs

2011 (7-6) fourth in district / 3rd round playoffs

2012 (4-7) fourth place in district / 1st round playoffs

Overall (16-28) playoffs (2) DC (0)

Fired for breaking multiple UIL rules and putting the school on probation for four years. 

The crazy thing is he has gotten the job already and because of the pitiful list of six he is who I would have chosen as well. The sad thing is that you and a few others actually are wanting a coach with this resume leading your program. What does that say for your program?

And I don't understand why Nelson would tell you anything and you are trying to find every reason why he shouldn't get the job... 

I do think he should get the job compared to the other 5 applicants! I'm just curious as to why you and a few others are so sure he will be so successful. We don't have to meet in person for that. Do tell us all why he will overcome his -12 overall record and be that much better than the last four head coaches? Just stating the facts, Andrew Washington with an overall losing record was still 11 games better than Nelson was at Ozen.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, setxguru said:

I mean even though you are a non significant part of central athletics, it is people like you that are a big part of the problem.  You can't draw up an offense or a defense. Come one now. You have no idea how to run a football program.

Like I said, I told you how to find me.  It's easy to hide behind a computer screen...

Andrew Washington came in and rode Stowers coat tail to a 17-8 record.  Once the kids that were under Stowers were gone, it showed in his record (5-15) over the last 2 years that's why he was let go.

And since Neumann retired from Nederland, no coach in the golden triangle is over 6 figures, so I'll think I'll stay in my chosen profession.

You are just mad because you started this thread, wanting to be the 1st to congratulate someone on something that still to this day hasn't been officially confirmed yet and some OTHER MORE credible people on this board called you out on it...:)   Where did I say about me drawing up a offense or defense?  Where did I say about me wanting to run a football program?  I didn't.  You a "wannabe journalist".  Leave that for the real ones...