Gage Carreon a senior?

Rez Ipsa

• 1 month later...

Gage Carreon was only given one chance to play and that was in Baytown with less than a minute left in the game . He went 54 yards with 4 carries to score. Unfortunately they never put him back in . I spoke my opinion on this forum and Faircloth pulled him aside and told him that if he thought he would see any playing time he would be disappointed. He did that in front of the whole football team . All Gage said was ‘’Yes Sir ‘’ .He even pulled him off on special teams because they never saw him tackle . I mean when you can Bench 320 Squat 600 and Deadlift 640 all that @ 165lbs …I would at least see what you got ..  He stood on the sidelines and supported his team. Every time they called a timeout he went in the huddle with hopes of playing but that moment never came.  Gage had to find a sport that no one could sub in for him . He Broke two records and Regionals finishing in first place and Winning second at State . Only thing he learned at PNG was failure ! No matter how many times the coaches kicked him when he was down he got back up . .  I’m proud of him !

Crazy thing is that the kid on the bench is the only one with a STATE Championship !  

17 hours ago, Purple32 said:

Gage Carreon was only given one chance to play and that was in Baytown with less than a minute left in the game . He went 54 yards with 4 carries to score. Unfortunately they never put him back in . I spoke my opinion on this forum and Faircloth pulled him aside and told him that if he thought he would see any playing time he would be disappointed. He did that in front of the whole football team . All Gage said was ‘’Yes Sir ‘’ .He even pulled him off on special teams because they never saw him tackle . I mean when you can Bench 320 Squat 600 and Deadlift 640 all that @ 165lbs …I would at least see what you got ..  He stood on the sidelines and supported his team. Every time they called a timeout he went in the huddle with hopes of playing but that moment never came.  Gage had to find a sport that no one could sub in for him . He Broke two records and Regionals finishing in first place and Winning second at State . Only thing he learned at PNG was failure ! No matter how many times the coaches kicked him when he was down he got back up . .  I’m proud of him !

Crazy thing is that the kid on the bench is the only one with a STATE Championship !  

I'm sorry your son did not get to play as much as you thought he should have.

Parents will always want/expect their children to play more, that is their job, to support, uplift and protect their children. Nobody, coaches included, should ever hold that against the kids. Coaches are hired to do a job, and the majority of that is to win games. Coaches play the kids that they think give the team the best chance to be successful. Are the coaches always right? Hell no, they are not always right. In fact, some of us have left jobs because we disagree with coaches on who should be playing and why.

20 minutes ago, Whoa said:

What ?  you are making fun of a parent with a child that got shafted? They think anyway 

Dont really get the smarta$$ post?

I'm not making fun of anyone.. When I read the long post there wasn't any implication that the poster was talking about his own kid.  Then it seemed to me that BD called him out by in fact bringing to light that it was his own kid.  I thought it was hilarious.  Hence the picture.

I still am not seeing anywhere that is says he was actually talking about his own son...now you all are just assuming it is.  Making it even funnier to me.

You know...like he's trying to defend his son (or himself) without actually saying that it's actually his son (or himself).  That's what's so funny.