Orangefield Head Basketball Open

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Ray Montagne.  Was a very successful HC at LCM.  Our Lincoln faithful will remember him too.  When he was coaching freshmen at OF, many thought he was the best coach at the HS.  I think you know more than you let on ;) 

Is Coach Montagne still there?  If so, I'm surprised he didn't get it last time.  And if he is still there, it would imply to me that he likes OF, and perhaps not looking at it as a stepping stone.  Combine those two things with the fact that he appears to be a good coach, and imo, you've got the perfect candidate.  

I watched the Bobcats play several times this year.  They are hurting on height, but they hustle at 110%.  Good luck in getting a new coach.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Is Coach Montagne still there?  If so, I'm surprised he didn't get it last time.  And if he is still there, it would imply to me that he likes OF, and perhaps not looking at it as a stepping stone.  Combine those two things with the fact that he appears to be a good coach, and imo, you've got the perfect candidate.  

I watched the Bobcats play several times this year.  They are hurting on height, but they hustle at 110%.  Good luck in getting a new coach.

He is an Orangefield guy.  He was basically retired and came back to help teach.  He's now probably the best Jr High coach in the area.  He's had some health issues so I don't think he has any interest in a head job.  Just loves the game and the kids.  I know he's perfectly content in what he's doing. 

44 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He is an Orangefield guy.  He was basically retired and came back to help teach.  He's now probably the best Jr High coach in the area.  He's had some health issues so I don't think he has any interest in a head job.  Just loves the game and the kids.  I know he's perfectly content in what he's doing. 

Hats off to him then.  Not many contented in their work.

• 3 weeks later...