Kirbyville open Neece turns in resignation

rykerx144

Perhaps.  But we might never know.  In fact, given the breadth of the request for depositions that Chip Ferguson has already requested in the Wallis/Reeves matter, it may behoove Coach Neece to continue his wise course of action in not divulging why he left Kirbyville for Newton lest he end up in front of lawyers and court reporters should he stray.

The the matter is unfortunate at any time, but the timing is particularly bad for the football team and its new head coach, Todd Doughty.  That is because even though Coach Doughty had absolutely no idea of the goings on in Kirbyville CISD at the time of his hiring and there is no evidence of any knowledge afterwards, he will be saddled with the fact that he is a "Tommy Wallis" hire.  And should the Wildcats fall right out of the gate (and with due respect to my buds from Kirbyville, the chances of them besting Newton, regardless of which sideline Greg Neece is on, is at best remote) he will probably be crucfied.  Crucified, not for what happens on the field, but that he is linked to an increasingly unpopular superintendent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Coach Neece who has been named the new OC and play caller for Newton.  Get your popcorn ready and make sure there are fresh bulbs on the Newton side of the scoreboard  for week #1 against Kirbyville.  I bet there will not be much kneeling on Newton's part late in the game...

On 7/16/2017 at 0:50 AM, Turn back the clock said:

Congratulations to Coach Neece who has been named the new OC and play caller for Newton.  Get your popcorn ready and make sure there are fresh bulbs on the Newton side of the scoreboard  for week #1 against Kirbyville.  I bet there will not be much kneeling on Newton's part late in the game...

So are you saying that Coach Neece will not be doing a good job, thus they will need to keep scoring or that he has no class because he likes to run up the score? 

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Johnston will never allow an OC to run the score up on anybody.  If Newton has a big lead, starters don't see the second half.  That's the way Curtis Barbary ran his program and it's still run the same way.  You never know when those tables might turn and the object of the game is never to make your opponent look bad.  Coach Thompśon is 80 years old and coached for 54 years and as far as I'm concerned irreplaceable.  But I'm very biased towards my old coach and Sunday school teacher.  He will be missed though.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, Old school eagle said:

Coach Johnston will never allow an OC to run the score up on anybody.  If Newton has a big lead, starters don't see the second half.  That's the way Curtis Barbary ran his program and it's still run the same way.  You never know when those tables might turn and the object of the game is never to make your opponent look bad.  Coach Thompśon is 80 years old and coached for 54 years and as far as I'm concerned irreplaceable.  But I'm very biased towards my old coach and Sunday school teacher.  He will be missed though.

Coach Thompson was a great man ! Hard to beat him. He was my coach in High School at LCM. Along with Larry Grissom of Kirbyville. Two outstanding men.

• 3 weeks later...

Coach Neece loved his Wildcats and always will. People need to realize that coaches are human. None of us "civilians" on here have to explain to the media why we make life decisions in our own jobs.... Great run at Kirbyille, Coach. Thank you for all you did for the kids and community. You've impacted many young lives everywhere you've been. Good luck in Newton!