Florida softball coach - Ashley Elam news cast

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

Ashley, you are a great guy and an asset to your employer and the whole SETX sports community. I enjoy watching you every time. However, you are flat out wrong about the Florida softball coach! I DVR'ed the news cast and rolled it back and forth, the coach never ever "nudged" or "laid hands on" the Auburn player. AT ALL. His "high five" open hand went ABOVE the players shoulder, not drawing any contact because she dipped and pulled away. He did "extend his hand" out but he was "extending his hand" to EVERY Auburn player in the post game line, just like every coach does after a game. 

Other facts to keep in mind this player was not a child. Yes she is young but she is an adult and had an ax to grind with the opposing coach. She ABSOLUTELY did shove the coach in the back. There is Zero doubt about that. The coach was probably coerced to apologize afterwards, just to move on get the incident behind him.

Lets not rip the guy up, just because he is a male, and rush to the defense of the player just because she is a female. If the exact same incident occurred with the genders reversed, where a ~20 year old male player of some sport shoved a female coach in the back, the media would be screaming for assault charges to be filed against "that punk" that shoved the poor coach, and the young man would be dismissed from the team and scholarship revoked.

Re-watch the film, with out the PC glasses on. Lets be accurate!  Thanks,  

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Ashley, you are a great guy and an asset to your employer and the whole SETX sports community. I enjoy watching you every time. However, you are flat out wrong about the Florida softball coach! I DVR'ed the news cast and rolled it back and forth, the coach never ever "nudged" or "laid hands on" the Auburn player. AT ALL. His "high five" open hand went ABOVE the players shoulder, not drawing any contact because she dipped and pulled away. He did "extend his hand" out but he was "extending his hand" to EVERY Auburn player in the post game line, just like every coach does after a game. 

Other facts to keep in mind this player was not a child. Yes she is young but she is an adult and had an ax to grind with the opposing coach. She ABSOLUTELY did shove the coach in the back. There is Zero doubt about that. The coach was probably coerced to apologize afterwards, just to move on get the incident behind him.

Lets not rip the guy up, just because he is a male, and rush to the defense of the player just because she is a female. If the exact same incident occurred with the genders reversed, where a ~20 year old male player of some sport shoved a female coach in the back, the media would be screaming for assault charges to be filed against "that punk" that shoved the poor coach, and the young man would be dismissed from the team and scholarship revoked.

Re-watch the film, with out the PC glasses on. Lets be accurate!  Thanks,  

I watched it a few times myself, initially believing the reports. The Florida coach deserves an apology for having to put up with this attempted assault. If any evidence that contradicts this initial video surfaces, I will gladly retract my statements. And ECBucFan is 100% accurate. Reversed roles wouldn't even garner a review...and the unemployment line would have increased by one.