BISD releases list of applicants for Central head coaching position

dBerrySports

Not to be funny, I thought that was the list of finalists for the position. Definitely thought it would at least get double-digit applicants. And like you said, no current head coaches want to leave where they are for this position.

I'm sure the other thread has mentioned it a bunch but the simple choice to me is Nelson.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't necessarily buy into any conspiracy theories on this.  While both Central and Nederland programs hold quite a bit of intrigue locally, I don't see that coaches around the state would be all that fired up about either position.

I agree.  We've already got our coach, just have to go through the formalities...

I am confused as well.. PNG had 90 when Faircloth got our job. Am just curious if these are partial lists????  Just does not seem right. PNG had applicants frm all over the coutry. Some were in New Mexico, Nebraska, Louisianna, FLorida. Even if few HC applied were is all of the assistants who are looking to journey to HC????  SOmething does not seem right. I know Beaumont has a reputation for not treating coaches the greatest. Why would small school HC's and assistants not want to move up to a bigger school and take a shot at advancing their career. Ozen is far from talentless. They usually have some special athletes

52 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

Why move for a job just to get fired? 9 head coaches in less than five years is not a good selling point.

his will be BISD's ninth head football coaching hire at the high school level in less than five years.

Interviews began last week, according to Metoyer.

Most coaches work under the impression that they are "the one" that can turn things around.