HS Track Meet, Bring a Lunch

I don't think there's been a lot of meets at 2A schools.  The meets we've been in this year have all been at bigger schools.  Last Thursday, Hull-Daisetta had their meet.  I was told there were 16 teams, 3A and below.  I think the 100 & 200M dashes had 5 heats.  I sit up in the stands so long my behind had carpal tunnel syndrome.  Running events were sch to start at 2:30, but got moved back to 3.  We got there at 2:25, and didn't leave until about 7, and Kudos to HD for handling the large numbers as well as possible.  Thankfully we where in the shade of the pressbox and a nice breeze was blowing.  My G'son runs the 800m, usually the first event, and the 4x400m which is last.  Had 1 kid missing so he ran the 4x200m also.  So all that time sitting there to watch him 4 min lol.  But I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On March 27, 2017 at 10:28 AM, JSnipes said:

Every track meet we have attended this year has been 10+ teams. A lot of schools are either choosing to not host a meet, don't have a track, or their track is not in condition to host a meet. 

At Deweyville this afternoon.  21 Teams lol.  There's not this many kids at the Fair.  

On April 6, 2017 at 5:51 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Well.....post updates instead of griping.......lol

Okay you young whipper snapper, here's a few results for the boys.  A junior from El Paso Coronado won the Javelin.  Sr from Westinghouse HS in Pa won the hammer throw.  Deweyville won the weightboys relay.  And Evadale ran 7 & 9 (I think) in the 800m.  Seems like Dallas South Oak Cliff won the 4x65 relay.  Callen won the 4x1600 intermediate hurdles.  And big upset, Dallas Highland Park, was heavily favored in the Slalom, but was crushed by Spurger.  That's all I remember.

Now let my pride show.  The Evadale Rebel team won one major event.  All teams raced to the concession stand.  Evadale won easily lol.