Kaylon Barnes - Wow!

I saw a few weeks ago the area leaders in track & field.  I remember specifically looking at an impressive time from a young man from West Brook in the 100m and thinking, that's gonna change when Silsbee finishes playing basketball. 

I read this morning where Kaylon Barnes broke his dad's school record (of 10.4s) by running a 10.1.   That is blazing!  Congrats Kaylon!

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I saw a few weeks ago the area leaders in track & field.  I remember specifically looking at an impressive time from a young man from West Brook in the 100m and thinking, that's gonna change when Silsbee finishes playing basketball. 

I read this morning where Kaylon Barnes broke his dad's school record (of 10.4s) by running a 10.1.   That is blazing!  Congrats Kaylon!

Official time was 10.3. He did not break his dad's school record of 10.2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

and coasted the last 10 meters. If he doesn't false start or come out of blocks slow, I see a 10.3 at Regionals.

I don't....I was there I've seen him run all this year and last year...He's always had a slow start thats why he's a better 200 runner. He he gets stronger as the race goes on. Honestly he would be a better quarter runner than the 100. 

10.3 hand....10.6 FAT maybe 10.5

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

and coasted the last 10 meters. If he doesn't false start or come out of blocks slow, I see a 10.3 at Regionals.

And from what I was told he was told by coaches to win comfortably but not push too hard,  was told it takes a bit of time to get muscles track ready.  Also remember as far as the start Kaylon defaulted at regionals I believe so I believe he may be holding back at the start a bit until later on

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2017 at 7:49 AM, Back2Back said:

I don't....I was there I've seen him run all this year and last year...He's always had a slow start thats why he's a better 200 runner. He he gets stronger as the race goes on. Honestly he would be a better quarter runner than the 100. 

10.22 at State. How bout dat FAT time?

Oh, and 21.48 in 200

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 7:49 AM, Back2Back said:

Hmmmmmmm...........

I have been wondering for some time what Ivory Williams ran while he was in high school. I know he was extremely fast. One night in football against Silsbee he took a kick at the goal line and it appeared he ran an 8 second 100 getting to the other goal. Just kidding but he was fast, fast fast. How fast was that?

18 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Kalon is faster than anyone to ever come thru Orange, Beaumony, Japer, or PA!! The kid is a beast!!

Not too sure Kalon is faster than Chopper. Also, Vincent from PA Memorial ran a faster 200 this year than Barnes.

Corey Dauphin also ran faster 200 times than Barnes.