Silsbee 9 Bridge City 1/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers open up play in the rugged 22-4A tonight as they travel to Orange County to take on the Bridge City Cardinals.  Michael Nelson's Tigers, 14-2 on the season, wrapped up pre-district play on Thursday with a 2-1 loss to Hardin-Jefferson.  Meanwhile, Chad Landry's Cardinals, 9-5 on the season, topped Jasper, 9-5, on Friday to gear up for district play.

Join Mike Sanchez and Tim Scoggins for all of the action from Cardinal Field in Bridge City beginning with the pregame show at 6:50 followed by first pitch at 7 by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Baseball on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

It was far from great pitching on both side. Both teams worked out of jams early in the game. Both teams did what they could to move runners into scoring position. It was a tight ball game until Partain hit his grand slam. Then Sundgren settled in and pitched a solid game, Whitted came in a sealed the deal in the seventh. A great start for my Tigers in district. TigerNation!!!

11 hours ago, STiger85 said:

It was far from great pitching on both side. Both teams worked out of jams early in the game. Both teams did what they could to move runners into scoring position. It was a tight ball game until Partain hit his grand slam. Then Sundgren settled in and pitched a solid game, Whitted came in a sealed the deal in the seventh. A great start for my Tigers in district. TigerNation!!!

Well.....

Not to disagree but I will. Respectfully.

Normally I wouldn't go here but... For Both Starting Pitchers it was a learn and feel for the first three innings due to an atrocious, yes I said atrocious strike zone.  Difference being the Tigers capitalized.

Credit to the experienced pitcher for making adjustments and big time hitting when it counted most.

Numbers say it all 4 Hits.

1 Bloop Single.

1 Monster triple to deep right center.

Another Single (I Believe)

Double down left field line.

Walks.

Play of the game.  Sundgren with the line drive comeback snag to double off runner to end 6th with bases loaded.

Mark my words though, BC will be tough and Hamm is the real deal given more time.

(My memory is sketchy at best so allow for some errors in stat quote above)

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well.....

Not to disagree but I will. Respectfully.

Normally I wouldn't go here but... For Both Starting Pitchers it was a learn and feel for the first three innings due to an atrocious, yes I said atrocious strike zone.  Difference being the Tigers capitalized.

Credit to the experienced pitcher for making adjustments and big time hitting when it counted most.

Numbers say it all 4 Hits.

1 Bloop Single.

1 Monster triple to deep right center.

Another Single (I Believe)

Double down left field line.

Walks.

Play of the game.  Sundgren with the line drive comeback snag to double off runner to end 6th with bases loaded.

Mark my words though, BC will be tough and Hamm is the real deal given more time.

(My memory is sketchy at best so allow for some errors in stat quote above)

Not to disagree, but I will. Partain Grand Slam. 

Well I would have to say Partain GS is the POG.... I'm sure Trevis would agree, When on the bump nothing better than having a 5 run lead!!!

First time to see the Hamm kid pitch and I agree he's going to be the big man on campus real soon. Very solid at the plate and has an extremely live arm.

Never fails BC always finds a way to reload :). The game was better than the score reflected.

Silsbee came to play like the Cards expected.  Sundgren, (The Real Deal) didn't look comfortable like in the past, maybe from only throwing 15-16 innings before now.  The GS was to much to over come in one of these games that usually is decided by 2 runs or less. I'm hoping BC's young squad will get some confidence as the year pass'.  it was a nice night in the box next to AAW , I felt star struck sitting next to a celeb :)  JK, but the guys got a perfect radio voice.

14 minutes ago, Critter said:

Silsbee came to play like the Cards expected.  Sundgren, (The Real Deal) didn't look comfortable like in the past, maybe from only throwing 15-16 innings before now.  The GS was to much to over come in one of these games that usually is decided by 2 runs or less. I'm hoping BC's young squad will get some confidence as the year pass'.  it was a nice night in the box next to AAW , I felt star struck sitting next to a celeb :)  JK, but the guys got a perfect radio voice.

Thanks for the kind words. Been told I have the voice and face for radio. ;)