Englebert

Who Delivers The Better Speeches?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who delivers the better speeches:

• Obama
    • Trump
    • Hillary
    • Harry Reid

Which one do you think delivers a better speech? For the last eight years we've had to endure the Liberal media fawning over how intellectually superior and how awe inspiring Obama's speeches were. I didn't get it...the words were lacking in substance. Now that a non-politician is delivering from the podium, how do you think they compare?

The last two choices were included for comedic sake only. Of course, I could have included many more, but these two were the cream of the crop for hilarity.

10 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I don't 

You don't what? This is your second opportunity to explain your fascination with Comey's comments. You have yet to quote or comment on a single thing he has said. Are you now running scared, or worse, curled up in the fetal position because someone dares to challenge you on what is now multiple comments you have made regarding Comey? And what's so, so sad is that you have the nerve to try and call out this board for not answering a question that was never asked. You won't explain your post on this topic or even on the topic you started. If your objective is to be a troll you are very, very bad at it.

You may be feeling low and ashamed at yourself, but you can take comfort in the fact that you've given this board plenty to laugh about. In fact, you have probably went overboard for some in which they now feel guilt for laughing.

6 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You don't what? This is your second opportunity to explain your fascination with Comey's comments. You have yet to quote or comment on a single thing he has said. Are you now running scared, or worse, curled up in the fetal position because someone dares to challenge you on what is now multiple comments you have made regarding Comey? And what's so, so sad is that you have the nerve to try and call out this board for not answering a question that was never asked. You won't explain your post on this topic or even on the topic you started. If your objective is to be a troll you are very, very bad at it.

You may be feeling low and ashamed at yourself, but you can take comfort in the fact that you've given this board plenty to laugh about. In fact, you have probably went overboard for some in which they now feel guilt for laughing.

Keyboard warrior. I wonder do you even believe the things you say.

My point has always been. Why is there no coverage? Is who give better speeches more important?

45 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Keyboard warrior. I wonder do you even believe the things you say.

My point has always been. Why is there no coverage? Is who give better speeches more important?

Ok, we can go with logical questions. Glad to see you finally asked one.

The mainstream Liberal media fawned over how well Obama delivered his speeches, although they were pitifully lacking in substance. He continually tried to take credit for everything positive while simultaneously finding fault in absolutely nothing he did, and the media and Liberal consensus was that he was the king, close to godlike, for delivering speeches. Trump delivers his speeches with basically the same characteristics, but full of substance and "hope", but the Liberal media ignores his propinquity and basically ignores commenting on his speech giving abilities. So, do you feel that the Liberal media plays a concerted part in defining the substance of the speech based on the delivery? In short, answer you own question.

27 minutes ago, Englebert said:

To your liberal media question.. plenty of liberal media gave trump praise on his address to congress speech.

I think that's fair. And It's fair to point out that trump says a lot of things with no proof Or things that have been proven false.

politics 

It is hard for me to say who is the better speaker. To their base, both Trump and Obama would be considered very effective speakers. I don't think either of them have much crossover appeal to the other side. Sadly, that is the current state of politics in this country. I personally enjoy Trumps speeches more. Obama uses emotional arguments that don't really hold up to facts and logic, but that is what his base is interested in.

2 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:
34 minutes ago, Englebert said:

To your liberal media question.. plenty of liberal media gave trump praise on his address to congress speech.

I think that's fair. And It's fair to point out that trump says a lot of things with no proof Or things that have been proven false.

politics 

I'll agree that many Liberals have given Trump credit for his speeches. In fact, I almost had a heart attack by some giving him a compliment. But even you would have to admit that the volume of praise has been heaped on Obama (in manure fashion) way more than to Trump, even though the substance of Trump's speeches is undeniable better.

• Obama - Great talker with absolutely no substance but a lot of complaining with laughter to follow from him.
  • Trump - Great locker room talk with a little substance but no plan other than "believe me". 
  • Hillary - One of the most fake politicians that I have ever seen. She is simply horrible and she is entirely unbelievable when she speaks. Take the (D) from in front of her name or her married name itself and she doesn't get 10% of votes from any race even in her own party. She rides the coattails of her husband to the max.
  • Harry Reid - I don't know if I have ever seen anything he has said that resembles a speech but he has the complaining of Obama and Trump but with some much anger built up that he seems evil and disingenuous. 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:
  • Obama - Great talker with absolutely no substance but a lot of complaining with laughter to follow from him.
  • Trump - Great locker room talk with a little substance but no plan other than "believe me". 
  • Hillary - One of the most fake politicians that I have ever seen. She is simply horrible and she is entirely unbelievable when she speaks. Take the (D) from in front of her name or her married name itself and she doesn't get 10% of votes from any race even in her own party. She rides the coattails of her husband to the max.
  • Harry Reid - I don't know if I have ever seen anything he has said that resembles a speech but he has the complaining of Obama and Trump but with some much anger built up that he seems evil and disingenuous. 

Wow, we are almost in complete agreement, except I would give Hillary a .01% of the vote without her married name and gender.

I threw in Harry Reid because he reads directly from his cards while speaking, and the essence of his speeches is just flat out laughable. I'm average at public speaking, but would rate myself a 9.9 compared to him.

Naturally, content influences most opinions, mine included, on likes and dislikes.  Regan and Kennedy were excellent speakers imo.  But for our poll, correctly labeled, "better speaker", Trump gets my vote, hands down.  Obama always seemed to be selling himself, jmo.

Initially, I had no interest in Trump, but once I started hearing all his politically incorrect comments in his speeches, I started paying more attention.  Trump can speak well, as his address to Congress shows.  He can also play to his voting block.  He can talk to construction workers, and regular folks.  I doubt Obama could or would do that.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Naturally, content influences most opinions, mine included, on likes and dislikes.  Regan and Kennedy were excellent speakers imo.  But for our poll, correctly labeled, "better speaker", Trump gets my vote, hands down.  Obama always seemed to be selling himself, jmo.

Initially, I had no interest in Trump, but once I started hearing all his politically incorrect comments in his speeches, I started paying more attention.  Trump can speak well, as his address to Congress shows.  He can also play to his voting block.  He can talk to construction workers, and regular folks.  I doubt Obama could or would do that.

I think much of his popularity lies in the fact that he is so politically incorrect. That is also why the left hates him. 

10 hours ago, Englebert said:

I'll agree that many Liberals have given Trump credit for his speeches. In fact, I almost had a heart attack by some giving him a compliment. But even you would have to admit that the volume of praise has been heaped on Obama (in manure fashion) way more than to Trump, even though the substance of Trump's speeches is undeniable better.

If someone turned the teleprompter off, grab um by the.......would be in deep....

3 minutes ago, new tobie said:

If someone turned the teleprompter off, grab um by the.......would be in deep....

Do you see the crap we have to deal with, texanabroad? Do you think you could have a conversation with someone so shameless he would make this post on a public forum? What's even more astonishing is that this is just a typical example of the maturity level of all of his posts. and of the level of the Liberal's side on this board. I've lost all hope of having any meaningful conversations...and have adopted the Liberal strategy of gutter trash from the get-go when engaging with those that have proven to warrant such responses.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Do you see the crap we have to deal with, texanabroad? Do you think you could have a conversation with someone so shameless he would make this post on a public forum? What's even more astonishing is that this is just a typical example of the maturity level of all of his posts. and of the level of the Liberal's side on this board. I've lost all hope of having any meaningful conversations...and have adopted the Liberal strategy of gutter trash from the get-go when engaging with those that have proven to warrant such responses.

Hoops can make meaningful conversation. Even though he is a lefty, I still read his stuff. Might not agree, but THAT is debate.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

He says it how dare him. Trump says it its guy talk lets elect him president.

-SeTX