2017 Houston Astros

Altuve, Correa, and Springer named AL All Star game starters, Keuchel and McCullers named to the team as well although Keuchel will not pitch in the game. Hate to see Devo get left off the team as well as Marwin. Marwin I believe is at a disadvantage by not having a set position and being a utility guy although earlier this year he was the first position player in history to homer in 4 straight games while playing a different defensive position in each of the 4 games. If that isn't the definition of a utility stud then I don't know what is. With that being said, there will be snubs every year and I am excited the Astros will be well represented this year in Miami.

59 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Altuve, Correa, and Springer named AL All Star game starters, Keuchel and McCullers named to the team as well although Keuchel will not pitch in the game. Hate to see Devo get left off the team as well as Marwin. Marwin I believe is at a disadvantage by not having a set position and being a utility guy although earlier this year he was the first position player in history to homer in 4 straight games while playing a different defensive position in each of the 4 games. If that isn't the definition of a utility stud then I don't know what is. With that being said, there will be snubs every year and I am excited the Astros will be well represented this year in Miami.

It's hard to pick one player on this talented team to be my favorite, but it would have to be Marwin Gonzales. If the game is tied with a runner in scoring position, I want him at the plate.

I remember Biggio never could beat out Ryne Sandberg as a starter at 2nd base. When Sandberg retired, Biggio was a shoe-in. Fan voting always leans towards popularity contests. Nice to see some Astros getting to start.

Everyone lost yesterday on the Astros' day off and we pick up 1/2 game on all. Closest team is 15 games back. Wow, gotta keep it going. 

Let's not forget that the Dodgers are only one game worse than us. That would be good matchup and hopefully will be the WS. Still early, but this team is very special.

I love how this team is able to get on the board early in a bunch of games thus far. As good as it is for the mindset of the hitters, I know it's gotta make the pitcher strain mentally which is the worst thing that can happen against the kind of depth on this team. 

Astros lost last night to the Blue Jays 7-4. They looked bad on defense but still kept it close. McCullers stunk up the place. Worst outing I have seen from him.

Tonight is much different. Springer is 4-5 with two homers, Altuve is 3-5, Correa has a homer, as does Gattis. 12 runs scored on 13 hits by the 7th inning. 

Springer should get mvp.

19-1. Toronto must have pissed the Astros off. What a hitting team. Peacock pitched a shutout and is impressive being a converted reliever. Who wouldn't love to pitch for this team. All the run support almost guarantees a win. Get the pitching staff healthy and the Stros will be very difficult to stop. 

Astros win 5-3 and take 2 out of 3 from the Twins. 2 out of 3 is what they are averaging. 62-30 is an awesome record. 

I have a problem with saying they are 32 games above .500. They have played 92 games and .500 would be 46-46. Therefore, they are 16 games above .500.

On the other hand, they would have to lose 32 games in a row to be .500 from this point forward. Not sure which is the right way to look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dog days of summer fellas. Let them get healthy and put some fresh bats and arms on the roster come September so the core group can get a little rest before a playoff run. I hope they make a move before the deadline to help with our pitching. Offense is fine as is.

4 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Dog days of summer fellas. Let them get healthy and put some fresh bats and arms on the roster come September so the core group can get a little rest before a playoff run. I hope they make a move before the deadline to help with our pitching. Offense is fine as is.

I believe that to an extent. I believe in chemistry and having hot streaks. Sometimes a rest can do more harm than good. I have seen the Braves lose a 20 game lead in a little over a month. Not saying that will happen, but I like keeping the foot on the gas. Maybe it's why I'm not a manager in MLB.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, king said:

Anybody notice how bad we suck right now??

All Star deflation. All star game should be after the season. When voting starts after a month into the season, it is nothing more than a popularity contest. 

Astros have lost their chemistry. When you get swept by the worst team in the AL, you need to do some soul searching.