2017 Houston Astros

47 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

I guess Mike Fiers realized he was pitching for his job and has looked good over his last start and early so far in this start.

He's keeping the ball down more, but still throws fat over the plate and a little up in the strike zone. HRs have given him fits. Astros at least give run support. 

17 hours ago, king said:

It seems like Everytime a team gets close we pull away by 5 runs. This team is so so good. Let's hope we can do the same in the playoffs

Astros are becoming the team that other teams dread playing. Everyone stepping up. Even Peacock, a converted middle relief, is doing great. Not sure when McHugh comes back but it will make us even stronger with all the run support.

10 hours ago, baddog said:

My Astros got their butt spanked last night 13-3. Hopefully bounce back strong today.

Musgrove is assuring he will be sent down to the minors once we get a couple of starters back from the DL. I always thought he would pan out as a #3 or 4 starter but it looks like I was wrong, he is a dumpster fire!

6 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Musgrove is assuring he will be sent down to the minors once we get a couple of starters back from the DL. I always thought he would pan out as a #3 or 4 starter but it looks like I was wrong, he is a dumpster fire!

I'm impressed with Paulino and Peacock. What happened to Morton? Need another lefty in the pen. Not crazy about Sipp, although he has his days.

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

I'm impressed with Paulino and Peacock. What happened to Morton? Need another lefty in the pen. Not crazy about Sipp, although he has his days.

Paulino, Peacock, and Martes have all stepped in and done well. Morton is fighting an oblique strain but should be back around the all star break. I have a gut feeling we make a play for Gerrit Cole and Tony Watson (lefty reliever) from Pittsburgh. I have little to no trust in Sipp coming into a tight situation in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Paulino, Peacock, and Martes have all stepped in and done well. Morton is fighting an oblique strain but should be back around the all star break. I have a gut feeling we make a play for Gerrit Cole and Tony Watson (lefty reliever) from Pittsburgh. I have little to no trust in Sipp coming into a tight situation in the playoffs.

Thanks. I try to keep up but don't do a good job sometimes. I'm a strong believer in lefty relief unless your starter is a lefty. Could be why I'm not a manager.

12 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

The bullpen is terrible.  Why so much micro-managing by Hinch?  Let the starter start the inning and then go get him if he starts to struggle.  Will Harris was just awful tonight.  Starters used to go eight and then you got the closer.  

Grand slams are killing us. Hard to overcome.