2017 Houston Astros

On 5/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, 1989NDN said:

Carlos Correa with a 2-run HR to start things and Jake Marisnick with the assist to Brian McCann to tag out Jacoby Ellsbury to end things.  A great way to open the series vs the NYY.

Is Aaron Judge a prototype of the next generation's baseball player?  6' 7" and 280 lbs.  He can hit, run, and play right field.  I wonder if, eventually, he will make the move from right field to first base?  It would be hard for an infielder to miss a big target at first base standing 6' 7".

I would think most throws that a 1st. baseman has to make plays on are scoops. He would definitely have more range left, right, and overhead. Being so much taller, would it be a hindrance to be 6'7" and play a scoop in front of you? I don't know. Just playing devil's advocate.

Astros have shown they are not afraid of NYY pitching. They knocked their 100 mph pitcher out of the box with Bregman tagging the first pitch for a hit to left. The makeup game is on now with the Stros up 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th. Not on tv.

After the Miami series we have a day off then it's going to get really tough. Good thing next three series are at home. 

Indians,Tigers,and Orioles are at home.
Then travel to a Minnesota team that been surprisingly good so far. Bring it on!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Astros hit bombs off Verlander last night we are 3-4 on the home stand so far with a good Orioles team coming in.

Marisnik is now hitting the ball very well. Aoki is lightyears better then Gomez. And our catcher that's filling in for Mccain has hit two home runs in his first two starts. This team is fun to watch!

Well, I know some of you keep up with sports much closer than I do, but I have never seen an Astros' lineup like this. No one to pitch around. They may have had better pitching staffs with Ryan, J.R. Richard, Neikro, Sutton, etc, but nothing like the bats they have right now. This is very exciting to watch and I hope they can keep it up.

Go Astros!

1 hour ago, baddog said:

11 game lead over the Rangers and Angels. I'll take that anyday!

I believe it was Lasorda who said..... You will win more that 1/3 of your games, you will lose more than 1/3 of your games. It's what you do with that other 1/3 that makes the difference.

So far we have won more than 2/3 of our games.

That was him...great line.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference.