Sub topics lacking

HeHateMe

55 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Why? When everyone is free to post scores on here, even start topics for games. 

Guess I'm just used to Smoaky Forum and other sites such as Max Preps who update baseball and softball on a regular basis. It's not all about football and basketball. I guess if there is no one on the payroll that's all you can expect is a sub par site with sub par results 

30 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Guess I'm just used to Smoaky Forum and other sites such as Max Preps who update baseball and softball on a regular basis. It's not all about football and basketball. I guess if there is no one on the payroll that's all you can expect is a sub par site with sub par results 

Like this site more than Smoaky.  A whole lot easier to navigate.  A matter of opinions.  Good job, SETX!

30 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Guess what, nobody is on the payroll at Smoaky and they don't keep up with baseball or softball near as well as this site.

Maxpreps is apples and oranges.

45 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Well, then why do you continue to post on this subpar site?  I have just spent 5 days in the hospital and one day of rest away from the site.  And this is my welcome back.  Well, I tell you what.  If you favor smoaky or maxpreps so much over this site, then please feel free to spend ALL of your time there and don't bother darkening the doors of SETXsports.com!  We have plenty who enjoy the site, one less knucklehead for me to deal with is no skin off of my back!

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, then why do you continue to post on this subpar site?  I have just spent 5 days in the hospital and one day of rest away from the site.  And this is my welcome back.  Well, I tell you what.  If you favor smoaky or maxpreps so much over this site, then please feel free to spend ALL of your time there and don't bother darkening the doors of SETXsports.com!  We have plenty who enjoy the site, one less knucklehead for me to deal with is no skin off of my back!

See this is what I'm taking about learn to deal with criticism because if you can't your in the wrong line of work. A blowup like you just showed tells me that. Oh don't worry I will get off and go to a better site good luck with your sub par site and reporting. A good site around here with great reporting and less mods or administrative smart asses would shut this site down. 

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

See this is what I'm taking about learn to deal with criticism because if you can't your in the wrong line of work. A blowup like you just showed tells me that. Oh don't worry I will get off and go to a better site good luck with your sub par site and reporting. A good site around here with great reporting and less mods or administrative smart asses would shut this site down. 

Not that you will see this, but your wish to never come here has been granted.

I get lots of scores and good information from this forum. Keep it up WOSgrad!!

By the way... I'm working on 2A-4A standings on our site today (txprepsoftball.net). Feel free to correct what I find as I'm having a hard time getting a lot of the 2A-3A coaches in East Texas involved. Appreciate all of the help I can get and thanks to all of you who post scores here. 

1 hour ago, 18handicap said:

I get lots of scores and good information from this forum. Keep it up WOSgrad!!

By the way... I'm working on 2A-4A standings on our site today (txprepsoftball.net). Feel free to correct what I find as I'm having a hard time getting a lot of the 2A-3A coaches in East Texas involved. Appreciate all of the help I can get and thanks to all of you who post scores here. 

Thanks, Coach.  As soon as I catch up, I'll compare ours to yours and see where we are lacking.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, HeHateMe said:

Nobody gets paid at SMOAKY, either.......members who care enough about their teams post and update.......

8 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

IMO we need to have more freshman and JV coverage. Maybe Grad could help us out with that,:)

Thanks for the input.  But I do have one question:

Why should I expand coverage in this forum to sub varsity coverage when very few folks express interest in varsity?

Yes, I have not done as good a job in keeping up this forum as in years past.  A couple of reasons were for that.  First, we had teams advance far into the basketball playoffs and, sorry, but when a well followed forum like basketball goes into the playoffs it gets priority over forums that are not, especially when those forum's seasons are not in district play.  Second, illness has slowed me down and I am still endeavoring to catch up.  To anyone who feels that the girls have been slighted, I do truly apologize as any efforts on my part here are to highlight the play of all, male and female.

However, I must confess that I field complaints about the lack of substance in this forum and some others with a bit of frustration as they appear in the forums where there is little interest shown.  For example, let's look at last week.  There were 67 topics started last week.  64 of them were mine.  I had a game thread that covered every varsity softball game in an SETXsports district that was known to me just I do during football and basketball season.  26 of those topics did not receive a reply.  Only 8 of those topics have at this time received more than 100 views.  Other than the game threads and the standings, and this complaint thread, no topics of discussion exists on the first three pages of this forum. And while I realize that some threads regarding teams in the outlying areas might not be answered, some of the schools that did not report included Vidor, Nederland, Orangefield, Silsbee and West Orange-Stark, all schools with considerable followings on this board.  SETXsports has, since it inception, relied on it members to assist with the reporting of scores.  We have it that way in football, basketball and all of the other sports and have since this sports site has existed.  And I appreciate those in this forum that do follow it, pick up when I have fallen, and post game threads and scores and media folks like Ashly who have been a great resource of info. You are at the games, I am behind a computer and your input is needed.

I have operated in this and other of the smaller forums in the past with the thought of build it and they will come.  I introduced game threads into these forums with the hope of building some interest in the games.  Six years later, it has not happened.  I know that I will never get the same amount of replies and views as a football or basketball thread for a game thread here, but when several game threads receive 0 replies and barely double digit views, it is hard to fathom that the solution is to expand into sub varsity areas which will, in all liklihood, also be ignored.

39 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Thanks for the input.  But I do have one question:

Why should I expand coverage in this forum to sub varsity coverage when very few folks express interest in varsity?

Yes, I have not done as good a job in keeping up this forum as in years past.  A couple of reasons were for that.  First, we had teams advance far into the basketball playoffs and, sorry, but when a well followed forum like basketball goes into the playoffs it gets priority over forums that are not, especially when those forum's seasons are not in district play.  Second, illness has slowed me down and I am still endeavoring to catch up.  To anyone who feels that the girls have been slighted, I do truly apologize as any efforts on my part here are to highlight the play of all, male and female.

However, I must confess that I field complaints about the lack of substance in this forum and some others with a bit of frustration as they appear in the forums where there is little interest shown.  For example, let's look at last week.  There were 67 topics started last week.  64 of them were mine.  I had a game thread that covered every varsity softball game in an SETXsports district that was known to me just I do during football and basketball season.  26 of those topics did not receive a reply.  Only 8 of those topics have at this time received more than 100 views.  Other than the game threads and the standings, and this complaint thread, no topics of discussion exists on the first three pages of this forum. And while I realize that some threads regarding teams in the outlying areas might not be answered, some of the schools that did not report included Vidor, Nederland, Orangefield, Silsbee and West Orange-Stark, all schools with considerable followings on this board.  SETXsports has, since it inception, relied on it members to assist with the reporting of scores.  We have it that way in football, basketball and all of the other sports and have since this sports site has existed.  And I appreciate those in this forum that do follow it, pick up when I have fallen, and post game threads and scores and media folks like Ashly who have been a great resource of info. You are at the games, I am behind a computer and your input is needed.

I have operated in this and other of the smaller forums in the past with the thought of build it and they will come.  I introduced game threads into these forums with the hope of building some interest in the games.  Six years later, it has not happened.  I know that I will never get the same amount of replies and views as a football or basketball thread for a game thread here, but when several game threads receive 0 replies and barely double digit views, it is hard to fathom that the solution is to expand into sub varsity areas which will, in all liklihood, also be ignored.

I put a smiley face. Geeze. 

Whats happened with people on the softball thread. I know several years back 2006 - 2010 or so, this side of the board was very lively and talked about at High School games. Now its a ghost town. Nothing to do with you Grad. It's the parents and followers of the schools that need to be posting. There used to always be post after post about teams and players. Now hardly anything except for what Grad posts.

7 hours ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

Whats happened with people on the softball thread. I know several years back 2006 - 2010 or so, this side of the board was very lively and talked about at High School games. Now its a ghost town. Nothing to do with you Grad. It's the parents and followers of the schools that need to be posting. There used to always be post after post about teams and players. Now hardly anything except for what Grad posts.

My three daughters graduated so I don't see as much softball as I used too. I still check in here and see if anything's happening. We had some lively discussions back then, to the point where admins had to step in. I still love the game, and watch when I can.