Tourney Thoughts

Congrats to Silsbee for winning it all. The Silsbee/Argyle was the best game I've seen in a long time. Nail biter that could have went either way. Seemed like every possession was magnified. Was it Harris that hit those four free throws in crunch time? That was huge! 

Felt sorry again for Grapeland. Another game that shouldn't have went to overtime. Free throws can make or break. Maybe they will get another chance. 

Lipan was really good but some of that might be because the Two Phillips kids (bigs)left Peaster and came to  Lipan. Heard that five players left Peaster to play somewhere else. 

I thought 4A had the best talent(per size of schools) than other classifications. 

Enjoyed tweeking the games with About A Week Ago. The knowledge that we shared was very high level. Lol. 

23 hours ago, no-look said:

Congrats to Silsbee for winning it all. The Silsbee/Argyle was the best game I've seen in a long time. Nail biter that could have went either way. Seemed like every possession was magnified. Was it Harris that hit those four free throws in crunch time? That was huge! 

Felt sorry again for Grapeland. Another game that shouldn't have went to overtime. Free throws can make or break. Maybe they will get another chance. 

Lipan was really good but some of that might be because the Two Phillips kids (bigs)left Peaster and came to  Lipan. Heard that five players left Peaster to play somewhere else. 

I thought 4A had the best talent(per size of schools) than other classifications. 

Enjoyed tweeking the games with About A Week Ago. The knowledge that we shared was very high level. Lol. 

Enjoyed it! Hope to not have to make such a long trip to see a game with you next year, lol, San Antonio is decent drive. Either way see you back in SA next year.

Houston Chronicle writer Matt Young wrote an article where he talks about how physical Silsbee's defense was against Brazosport.  He interview B'port's star guard Rossow who says he was knocked down several times and that his shirt was ripped in the first half.   I think that writer picked up on the LCM debacle and tried to further slime the Tigers.

That pg, Rossow is small and thin, yet he drove into the paint with reckless abandon.  He scored a lot of points that way, and he probably hit the floor a few times.  Braelon Bush gets knocked down 4 or 5 times every game.  No one writes anything about that. 

If Rossow plans to play at the next level, and I think he should, he needs to put on 10 to 15 pounds.  Silsbee's defense is mild compared to what he will face at the next level.

We are a physical team but I have seen that off and on all year both by us and against us.  Sometimes thinking a foul call should come against us or for us. 

As far as Rossow you are right he went hard and there was one time for sure that I thought we had a call against us that he was out of control so the foul shouldn't have been called.  As far as his jersey getting ripped, there is no doubting that from the pictures of it.  I would like to have noticed when it happened just to see how a foul wasn't called because it seems like that should have taken enough force to be obvious.  

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Houston Chronicle writer Matt Young wrote an article where he talks about how physical Silsbee's defense was against Brazosport.  He interview B'port's star guard Rossow who says he was knocked down several times and that his shirt was ripped in the first half.   I think that writer picked up on the LCM debacle and tried to further slime the Tigers.

That pg, Rossow is small and thin, yet he drove into the paint with reckless abandon.  He scored a lot of points that way, and he probably hit the floor a few times.  Braelon Bush gets knocked down 4 or 5 times every game.  No one writes anything about that. 

If Rossow plans to play at the next level, and I think he should, he needs to put on 10 to 15 pounds.  Silsbee's defense is mild compared to what he will face at the next level.

I saw his jersey and wondered if it was during the championship game.  At a lot of schools, you would just keep using it unless you wanted to change numbers.  And it was at the V of the neck and wasn't awful.  I thought he might have been playing with it for a while because I only caught the tail end of their semifinal game, right about the time he fouled out. 

21 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I really think both Silsbee and LCM should have had to forfeit their seasons and not be able to participate in the playoffs. I guess the UIL didn't see it as a major infraction.  

You would like this huh CARDINALBACKER !!! Hater, don't make no sense....To late though, STATE CHAMPS BABY lol sleep tight hater

Stuff happens in the heat of a game, especially the state title game.  The game last year..

I was watching the first playoff game in Livingston, when that guy for Huntington sent Braelon Bush tumbling at least three times.  B Bush had him beat each time on a break way layup.   Instead of letting the play go the player charged into Bush while he was in a vulnerable position.  That kind of stuff happens.  The refs don't see everything, unfortunately.

On 3/16/2017 at 7:29 PM, Silsbeealum14 said:

You would like this huh CARDINALBACKER !!! Hater, don't make no sense....To late though, STATE CHAMPS BABY lol sleep tight hater

Don't worry, the idiot decided to get fussy elsewhere and was sent on a well deserved vacation.