Silsbee 89 Brazosport 83/FINAL/SILSBEE TIGERS - CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

The Silsbee Tigers take one final step toward a 4A State Championship as they take on the Brazosport Exporters in this 4A State Championship Game from San Antonio.  Joe Sigler's Tigers, now 32-6 on the season, began its playoff road with a 105-55 bi-district win over Huntington, followed by a 98-61 area round win over Hardin-Jefferson and a 124-84 regional quarterfinal win over Houston North Forest.  At the regional tournament, the Tigers notched a 93-62 win over Waco La Vega in the regional semis and a 94-84 regional final win over Houston Yates.  The Tigers punched their ticket to this game with a 46-45 state semifinal win over Argyle.

Meanwhile, the Exporters, coached by Ondra Waddy and 33-3 on the season, began its playoff road with a 96-37 bi-district win over Columbus, followed by a 100-65 area round win over Geronimo Navarro and a 69-62 regional quarterfinal.  At the regional tournament, the Exporters notched a 77-44 regional semifinal win over Somerset and 100-51 regional final win over West Oso.  The Exporters punched their ticket to this game with a 73-64 state semifinal win over Midlothian Heritage.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from the Alamodome in San Antonio beginning with the pregame at 6:45 followed by the scheduled tip at 7 by clicking on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Silsbee Tiger Playoff Basketball on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports! The Tigers and SETXsports would like to thank it's state championship tournament sponsors:

Silsbee Motor Company (Alan Sanford)

McInnis Construction (Ricky and Debbie McInnis)

Gore Ventures (Mark and Angela Gore)

Silsbee Farm and Ranch (Chelsey Eddings)

Citizens Bank Kountze (Gehrig Brown)

Best Bid Contractors (Billy and Susan Fregia, Brittani McDonald)

Angela Dominguez

James Wiggins

Hamburger Depot

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Brazosport is supposed to have a really good PG like Bush. They've got one big (6'8) who I hope is a clumsy slow big. Other than that I don't know much about them. If they try to out Silsbee Silsbee, I like our odds. I just hope we shoot much better tomorrow. Another bad shooting night is the only thing that worries me.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Brazosport is supposed to have a really good PG like Bush. They've got one big (6'8) who I hope is a clumsy slow big. Other than that I don't know much about them. If they try to out Silsbee Silsbee, I like our odds. I just hope we shoot much better tomorrow. Another bad shooting night is the only thing that worries me.

He's more skilled than you think.  Not real fast (ironically his last name is Quick) but plays smart and can knock down shots.  But he might struggle with the speed and physicality of Barnes/Jones/etc.  

Common opponents

Brazosport:

Houston Christian - Lose 74 - 69

Fort Bend Hightower - Win 83 -72 and Win 59 -58

Lamarque - Win 76 - 67

College Park - Lose 93 - 89

Silsbee:

Houston Christian - Win 108 - 85

Fort Bend Hightower - Lose 98 - 95

Lamarque - Win  101 - 75

College Park - Lose  100 - 95

Both teams last loss was to College Park. The Hightower wins are the only thing Brazosport has going for them over Silsbee, although Silsbee should have really beat Hightower if I remember right. Hightower got bailed out by a bad foul call.