Silsbee 89 Brazosport 83/FINAL/SILSBEE TIGERS - CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

1 hour ago, Lazeek said:

I have to give Silsbee credit.  They were the best team all year, and even through adversity they managed to come out on top at the end of the year.  Congrats on your first State Championship in basketball.  The city of Silsbee deserves it.  

#threeisgreaterthanone

Thanks!

#theonlyonethatmattersisthecurrentone!

Yep, we went to IHOP.  It's funny.  No one over hear in H Town knows what I am so happy about.  When I tell them they give me that distant "oh yeah" response. 

I am happy for coach Sigler.  He was crying and emotional in interviews just after the game.   He has been criticized, maligned and second guessed a lot over the years.   I am sure it will continue to a certain extent, but guess what?   No one can erase that state championship from his resume.

21 minutes ago, bobbymcgee said:

I do have to credit the coaches for not screwing this up. They were given a plethora of talent and am so glad coaching decencies did not get in the way and the great athletes get to celebrate their achievements as state champs !

Give credit for not screwing it up.... is that a compliment or not?? Lol

I have congratulated my Tigers over and over and expressed how proud I am,  but I also have to say I really hate seeing the kids on the other side.  I know how hard it was last year on our guys and us fans.  Yes there must be a winner and loser but to see a kid almost singlehandedly keep his team in it and then come up short is never easy.  I may not have thought much about it last night or even noticed it in the aftermath but I know how tough it is after last year. Hats off for a great game to Brazosport's Chris Rossow.  He has to be right up there with Grimes as far as the best two opposing players I got to see this year.

16 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have congratulated my Tigers over and over and expressed how proud I am,  but I also have to say I really hate seeing the kids on the other side.  I know how hard it was last year on our guys and us fans.  Yes there must be a winner and loser but to see a kid almost singlehandedly keep his team in it and then come up short is never easy.  I may not have thought much about it last night or even noticed it in the aftermath but I know how tough it is after last year. Hats off for a great game to Brazosport's Chris Rossow.  He has to be right up there with Grimes as far as the best two opposing players I got to see this year.

I've watched the tourney for years and as a unbiased fan I can't help but feel joy for the winning team and feel badly for the losing. Kids pour their hearts and souls into the season and you either come up short or you win it. But that's the nature of the sport. You strive to be champions. 

6 minutes ago, no-look said:

I've watched the tourney for years and as a unbiased fan I can't help but feel joy for the winning team and feel badly for the losing. Kids pour their hearts and souls into the season and you either come up short or you win it. But that's the nature of the sport. You strive to be champions. 

Exactly and I wouldn't have it any other way. And when it's game time I have no qualms about wanting my Tigers to win, but at the end of the day they are all still kids who have, just as you said, poured their heart and soul into getting to and winning that one game.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, TxHoops said:

Last but not least, thanks to AAW for bringing us the games.  You are a pro with the call and give so many of us a chance to follow games throughout the season.  You especially saved our bacon tonight when nfhs wet the bed.  And didn't even charge us $10 apiece.  I know I speak for many of us when we say - THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

I love what I do, hope it shows.

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Rossow was a dang animal.  Love his game.

It will be necessary to see a backcourt that consists of Bush, McCain, and Adams...  But I think they may move Adams to the post, being that Adams may be the tallest player on the team next year.

I don't think there is any way they will use Adams down low next year at least not regularly.  We got a glimpse of being without Jones during the latter part of district. Jordyn is way to valuable as a shooter. Barnes of course will be the main post but look for Devon to be used more as that second person in the blocks at least when we get in an offensive set. 

11 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I don't think there is any way they will use Adams down low next year at least not regularly.  We got a glimpse of being without Jones during the latter part of district. Jordyn is way to valuable as a shooter. Barnes of course will be the main post but look for Devon to be used more as that second person in the blocks at least when we get in an offensive set. 

Yea, that'll work as well...