Silsbee 46 Argyle 45/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

3 minutes ago, bobbymcgee said:

Argyle because of the style of play, coaching, discipline and execution is the only team in the state who can bear Silsbee in this class. Brazosport doesn't have the depth to play with Silsbee. They can't beat Silsbee at their own game; no one can. 

Don't be so sure about that bobbymcgee. Argyle beat Center 47-45 and Center could have easily been the victor in that game. But we will not find out this year. Maybe next year.

17 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Meh.. he shouldn't have done what he did. Get over it. Grats on the win and good luck tomorrow.

That wasn't what my statement was about, so don't take it there.  My statement was directed at those who said not having him isn't a difference not that we should have him.

Throughout the years I've developed a lot of respect for silsbee during the very competitive (albeit one-sided as of late) rivalry between them and HJ.  Since the Hawks are in rebuilding mode, and didn't have a realistic chance of going very far this year (especially with silsbee in their way), I've been wholeheartedly on the tiger bandwagon this year.  With them being as good as they have for as long as they have, they're due for their championship. Listening today I found myself as nervous for them at the end of the game as I've ever been for the Hawks during any one of their countless nailbiters over their many playoff runs in recent years.  When that final whistle blew I was yelling at my phone like a fool.  I just wanted to let Tiger Nation know that this Hawk is behind you guys 100%, and I'll be rooting for y'all just as hard as I would be rooting for HJ if they were in the same situation.  I hope the Tigers bring a championship home to silsbee tomorrow.  With the way your community backs this team, I can't think of a more deserving fan base.   Good luck, Tigers!