Lavar Ball

king

50 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Would be one of the absolute best sports moments ever.  I don't know if his shooting style will work in the NBA, jmo.

He's so good at distributing the ball he really doesn't have to shoot it much.  Kid is a tremendous talent, his brothers much less so.  But his dad is becoming such a distraction, I feel sorry for him.  Hard enough for a 19 yo kid to handle the pressures of being a pro, then he has to deal with the side circus.  Will be interesting to see how he handles it.  As for the Lakers, that's a match made in hell.  Can't stand them so I can't decide if I want them to take him or not...

16 hours ago, TxHoops said:

He's so good at distributing the ball he really doesn't have to shoot it much.  Kid is a tremendous talent, his brothers much less so.  But his dad is becoming such a distraction, I feel sorry for him.  Hard enough for a 19 yo kid to handle the pressures of being a pro, then he has to deal with the side circus.  Will be interesting to see how he handles it.  As for the Lakers, that's a match made in hell.  Can't stand them so I can't decide if I want them to take him or not...

Some people have compared him to Jason Kidd. I did not watch many UCLA games, so I am not sure. If he is a great distributor put poor shooter, that doesn't sound like Kidd to me. That has Rajon Rondo written all over it.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Some people have compared him to Jason Kidd. I did not watch many UCLA games, so I am not sure. If he is a great distributor put poor shooter, that doesn't sound like Kidd to me. That has Rajon Rondo written all over it.

He's not a poor shooter.  Better shooter than Magic or Kidd coming out of college.  Has an unorthodox shot but it's effective. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LaVar Ball showing how much of a POS he is during summer league play.  Threatening to pull his team off the court, something he has already done once, if a female ref was not removed from the floor.  This was while the game was underway, after she gave him a tech.  Now Adidas, which sponsors the league, are asking refs not to issue him techs.  A complete douchebag!!

• 4 months later...

Gelo was not a one and done player to begin with.  Even without the shoplifting, etc., he needed college to be able to significantly improve his game.  Won’t be drafted imo.  Some G league team may actually want the side show to sell tickets.  If not, his best shot was the basketball crazy Asian countries.  However.....well, we know the rub there.   Kid’s options are getting more limited by the day. 

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Gelo was not a one and done player to begin with.  Even without the shoplifting, etc., he needed college to be able to significantly improve his game.  Won’t be drafted imo.  Some G league team may actually want the side show to sell tickets.  If not, his best shot was the basketball crazy Asian countries.  However.....well, we know the rub there.   Kid’s options are getting more limited by the day. 

it's bad that I want him to fail just because I hate his dad so much. 

21 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Knew there was a thread titled after this dumbarse, just couldn't find it.  Maybe you could move my post here.

Man, Cowherd was blasting him today.  Said Lonzo isn’t even Lakers’ best rookie, and they’ve now instituted a ban on Lavar in certain parts of the Staples Center.  Said he’s trying to be the Kardashian’s without the Kardashian’s best of the best agents, lawyers, etc.  Said loud isn’t good unless your loud is back up with extreme intelligence (I.e., Mark Cuban). 

I have to say, it’s early but Danny Ainge looks like a genius.   Anyone rather have the clown show over Jayson Tatum now? I can almost promise you Mitch Kupchak wouldn’t.  Gotta believe Red Auerbach is smiling somewhere.  

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Man, Cowherd was blasting him today.  Said Lonzo isn’t even Lakers’ best rookie, and they’ve now instituted a ban on Lavar in certain parts of the Staples Center.  Said he’s trying to be the Kardashian’s without the Kardashian’s best of the best agents, lawyers, etc.  Said loud isn’t good unless your loud is back up with extreme intelligence (I.e., Mark Cuban). 

I have to say, it’s early but Danny Ainge looks like a genius.   Anyone rather have the clown show over Jayson Tatum now? I can almost promise you Mitch Kupchak wouldn’t.  Gotta believe Red Auerbach is smiling somewhere.  

He probably just derailed any chance Angelo had to play in the NBA.  Heard he wasn't that good anyway, and no way he was a one and done player.  

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I've said all along Lonzo was not very good.  Can't stand Cowherd, but I agree with him on this.

I love Cowherd.  Primarily because he’s one who isn’t afraid to point out some things that are obvious to those not in the Southeast but oblivious to the hordes of Finebaum listeners.  And he covers football and basketball and the other sports only when he has to.  Fits my interests better than most.  

That being said, he can be a bit of a clown and way off on some things. 

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think he is supremely talented.  His handles and vision are elite.  But sadly, the clown show may well prevent him from being what he could have been. 

From what I’ve seen from all 3, they all play soft.  That killer instinct just isn’t there that one needs to be great.  They know daddy will bail them out.  

One example is when the old one just walked by his Laker teammates getting into a fight on the court.  Not saying he should have flown in throwing punches, but he damn sure should have been there for his teammates.