The WAY TOO EARLY District Winner Pickem

8 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Hey Stat are you ok? Fever? Dementia?  LOL

Yeah. I am OK!!!! Monte is a great guy. But he has been a lifetime assistant. For someone to say he is better than any head coach IMO is a stretch.... I think he is the perfect fit for Nederland. But last I looked, he has ZERO wins as a head coach. I do think he will do well, but I do think there will be growing pains. Every move he makes will be scrutinized, starting with his QB situation... Just my thoughts............

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

Hate to be a spoiler, but don't count the Dayton Broncos out next year, with the squad they got coming, all positions improve and they will once again make a playoff run.

I truly hope so. The boards, our area is better when Dayton is in there normal place. Winning. Hats off to Dayton. This season should be dedicated to Liltex. We need to start a #thisoneisforLiltex

#winoneforliltex. He was so proud of his Bronx.... Best of luck this year Bronx hope you win the district

4 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I truly hope so. The boards, our area is better when Dayton is in there normal place. Winning. Hats off to Dayton. This season should be dedicated to Liltex. We need to start a #thisoneisforLiltex

#winoneforliltex. He was so proud of his Bronx.... Best of luck this year Bronx hope you win the district

Thank-you for the encouragement, yes he sure did love the Broncos. And he supported Coach Nations all year long, never negative towards him, he will be missed for sure and I like that #winoneforliltex, that's good and will definitely stick. Good luck to y'all, it's always a good scenery, all purple in whichever stadium we meet up at, and I can't wait for the next time.

On March 8, 2017 at 0:24 PM, bigdog said:

One I think.  He's a kicker though.

He did the kicking last year, but I heard he was a very good athlete as well.  Don't be surprised if you're at a Vidor game and you keep hearing, Quirante TD.  Man, what a family of great athletes, and more importantly, great kids.

Recently moved to Dayton where my wife is from. West Hardin (back when we were competing and making the playoffs) is where I graduated from but I guess since my kid will go to Dayton I will be an Oiler/Bronco. Very excited for football season and hope to make a few games at both locations this year. 

5 hours ago, Hook'em said:

Recently moved to Dayton where my wife is from. West Hardin (back when we were competing and making the playoffs) is where I graduated from but I guess since my kid will go to Dayton I will be an Oiler/Bronco. Very excited for football season and hope to make a few games at both locations this year. 

What age kiddos do you have?

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 7:56 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

They don't (their defense), but Vidor's JV team only took 1 loss I think, and it was to Memorial.  I think they'll translate to the next level pretty good, especially with what they run...

Don't know much about this district but can you really judge by JV wins and losses when there are a lot of schools who put their best JV players on varsity?

29 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Don't know much about this district but can you really judge by JV wins and losses when there are a lot of schools who put their best JV players on varsity?

No, Nederland one 4 or 5 straight titles and their JV probably didnt play 500 ball during that time.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, Jag Insider said:

1.  PA-M-  going to be a tough out this year, I'm expecting them to be better this year than last.  That's scary.

2.  Vidor-  Like Soulja said, that JV team was loaded so anyone that graduated last year, will be replaced and they will be just fine. 

3.  PN-G-  1 injury away from being out of playoff talk.  I hope they don't run the kid as much this year as they did last year.  If he remains upright and healthy, the Indidans push for the #2 spot.  If he goes down, they don't even make the playoffs.  The Indians JV was the worse of the serious playoff contenders teams that I saw last year, not much help there. 

4.  Central- As far as the Jaguars go, to me, it all depends on who is given the head coaching position.  If Nelson is given the top spot and he brings in who I hear is coming to be the DC, the Jaguars will finish somewhere between #2, 3 and 4.  The talent is there, has always been there.  Leadership and I'm not just saying the last 4 years but leadership has been Central's undoing in the past.  Last years team shouldn't have lost a game except to PA-M, it was that evenly loaded across the board.  The offense was sacrificed last year for the benefit of one player.  In house Jaguar fans know what I'm talking about.  The defense had 9 returning starters, that apparently were not put in the best position to stop anyone.  It was time for the change and I welcome it...

5.  Nederland-  If Johnson goes down for the Indians, the Bulldogs get in, otherwise they'll miss again.

1.  Port Arthur Memorial

2.  Beaumont Central

3.  Port Neches-Groves

4.  Vidor

5.  Nederland

6.  Lumberton

7.  Beaumont Ozen

8.  Livingston

9.  Baytown Lee

2 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Central hasn't proven they can beat Nederland, even in the midst of the struggles the Dogs had last year... what makes you think that will change next year?

New head coach knows what to do with the plethora of talent and athletes he has at his disposal.  How about a friendly wager of a Hamburger Depot combo on the Nederland @ Central game?  :)