The WAY TOO EARLY District Winner Pickem

Now if you guys are like me you can't get enough football. There is so much to be excited for the coming season. I'm a 22-5a fan and follower so that is the one I know most personally. Feel free to comment on other districts and other classification. Here I go, Ill list the teams most likely to win the district then pick a winner.

PAM-  This may very well be the most talented offensive unit that teams have had to face in a while. WIth Ketha Jones running the show, I anticipate PAM to either lead or be near the top of the district in rushing. No team in district stopped Elijah Hines last year.  Under Ketha's direction, the offense should be all clyinders..... if the coach doesnt get in the way. Defense speed will be good still even minus KJ. 

PNG- Shug's health will go a long way in this. If he is able to remain healthy with his workload, the Indians easily go three rounds deep if not more. If not, the season takes an entire different perspective. Offense will be improved but will the defense after losing SR studs?  Even with guys like Lejeune speedy teams were able to take advantage. (PAM, College Station) IF the defense, and  this is a big IF, can perform on a high level consistently and in big spots, the district WILL go through PNG

Vidor-One hell of a season but can they repeat it.A couple of their rushing studs have now graduated. How will that affect the ground game. If the offense slows down will their defense be able to compensate as they struggled with big plays against the better district teams

Nederland- New coach, same business. I expect the other black and gold to return to competing for a DC. Nederland has talent and is well coached. Anytime you have the kind of coaching consistency for that many years you create a culture. I expect them to be back, but still lose to PNG lol

Central- not much to say. We all know Central has talent comparable to nearly anywhere in the state. The question is can they put together a staff capable of harvesting their gold mine?

District Winner- Unless Roschon is able to produce otherwordly numbers that day and the D holds Elijah and Ketha, PAM SHOULD win this. Anything goes though, and I would never count out #2 to come back and win a game. So with things as they are in theory, I think PAM wins district by 1 game over PNG.

1.PAM

2.PNG

3.Nederland

4.Vidor* This was very difficult to pick. I wanted to place Central there but I don't know if I cant count on their consistency. 

I actually have it like:

1. P. Memorial - Hines returning is all you have to tell me...

2. Vidor - their JV team was the truth

3. PN-G - Johnson returns as do most of those O-linemen and the RB

4. Central - They'll be better than expected.  We have , not only a players coach, but an x and o's guy.  They'll be in the mix.

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I actually have it like:

4. Central - They'll be better than expected.  We have , not only a players coach, but an x and o's guy.  They'll be in the mix.

I dont see Vidor beating PNG unless those guys coming up are substantially better, and the guys last year on O were pretty good but I hear ya. Vidors D has nothing to fear, IMO.

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I dont see Vidor beating PNG unless those guys coming up are substantially better, and the guys last year on O were pretty good but I hear ya. Vidors D has nothing to fear, IMO.

They don't (their defense), but Vidor's JV team only took 1 loss I think, and it was to Memorial.  I think they'll translate to the next level pretty good, especially with what they run...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They don't (their defense), but Vidor's JV team only took 1 loss I think, and it was to Memorial.  I think they'll translate to the next level pretty good, especially with what they run...

I hope so. A competitive district is a better district,

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Now if you guys are like me you can't get enough football. There is so much to be excited for the coming season. I'm a 22-5a fan and follower so that is the one I know most personally. Feel free to comment on other districts and other classification. Here I go, Ill list the teams most likely to win the district then pick a winner.

PAM-  This may very well be the most talented offensive unit that teams have had to face in a while. WIth Ketha Jones running the show, I anticipate PAM to either lead or be near the top of the district in rushing. No team in district stopped Elijah Hines last year.  Under Ketha's direction, the offense should be all clyinders..... if the coach doesnt get in the way. Defense speed will be good still even minus KJ. 

PNG- Shug's health will go a long way in this. If he is able to remain healthy with his workload, the Indians easily go three rounds deep if not more. If not, the season takes an entire different perspective. Offense will be improved but will the defense after losing SR studs?  Even with guys like Lejeune speedy teams were able to take advantage. (PAM, College Station) IF the defense, and  this is a big IF, can perform on a high level consistently and in big spots, the district WILL go through PNG

Vidor-One hell of a season but can they repeat it.A couple of their rushing studs have now graduated. How will that affect the ground game. If the offense slows down will their defense be able to compensate as they struggled with big plays against the better district teams

Nederland- New coach, same business. I expect the other black and gold to return to competing for a DC. Nederland has talent and is well coached. Anytime you have the kind of coaching consistency for that many years you create a culture. I expect them to be back, but still lose to PNG lol

Central- not much to say. We all know Central has talent comparable to nearly anywhere in the state. The question is can they put together a staff capable of harvesting their gold mine?

District Winner- Unless Roschon is able to produce otherwordly numbers that day and the D holds Elijah and Ketha, PAM SHOULD win this. Anything goes though, and I would never count out #2 to come back and win a game. So with things as they are in theory, I think PAM wins district by 1 game over PNG.

1.PAM

2.PNG

3.Nederland

4.Vidor* This was very difficult to pick. I wanted to place Central there but I don't know if I cant count on their consistency. 

1.  PA-M-  going to be a tough out this year, I'm expecting them to be better this year than last.  That's scary.

2.  Vidor-  Like Soulja said, that JV team was loaded so anyone that graduated last year, will be replaced and they will be just fine. 

3.  PN-G-  1 injury away from being out of playoff talk.  I hope they don't run the kid as much this year as they did last year.  If he remains upright and healthy, the Indidans push for the #2 spot.  If he goes down, they don't even make the playoffs.  The Indians JV was the worse of the serious playoff contenders teams that I saw last year, not much help there. 

4.  Central- As far as the Jaguars go, to me, it all depends on who is given the head coaching position.  If Nelson is given the top spot and he brings in who I hear is coming to be the DC, the Jaguars will finish somewhere between #2, 3 and 4.  The talent is there, has always been there.  Leadership and I'm not just saying the last 4 years but leadership has been Central's undoing in the past.  Last years team shouldn't have lost a game except to PA-M, it was that evenly loaded across the board.  The offense was sacrificed last year for the benefit of one player.  In house Jaguar fans know what I'm talking about.  The defense had 9 returning starters, that apparently were not put in the best position to stop anyone.  It was time for the change and I welcome it...

5.  Nederland-  If Johnson goes down for the Indians, the Bulldogs get in, otherwise they'll miss again.

15 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

1.PAM

2.PNG

3.Nederland

PAM--- will have the athletes just depending on if kids, parents and coaches can stay focused to achieve goal of winning DC and going deep into playoffs.

Vidor--  this group of kids should produce with no problem as long as kids stay health

PNG--  There is a lot of pressure for QB to carry this team, it may get them to a DC , but going much deeper than

2 or 3 deep into playoffs is long shot. just don't have the talent to compete.  Plus they must stay injury free

Nederland- New coach  same system -- injuries will also be the key .

Overall these 4 teams will fight for a DC, each has a their share of studs and it should be a good season. Hope everyone

stays healthy.

Central-  not sure if they even have a HC yet, talent is there but in the BISD it is all about ME and not the team.

1. PNG

2. Memorial

3. Vidor

4. Nederland.

5. Central

1.  Bridge City

2.  Silsbee

3. Navasota

4.  Huffman

5.  LiCk 'eM

6.  Cleveland

Obvious homer pick, but BC will really need some kids to step up and replace a good senior class if they hope to compete for a DC in 2017.  Silsbee will be good, and probably compete for the DC despite losing Tyler and Jones.  I expect Huffman to return to the postseason, and expect Navasota to improve slightly over last year.  I think Cleveland and LiCk 'eM both miss the postseason.  The top four are picked honestly in no particular order.  You could see any of the teams land anywhere in the top four.

It's crazy the difference a year can make.  Last year you could look at this district and figure it to be one of the toughest to advance to the playoffs in... 5 of the 6 teams would likely move on in most other districts.  This year doesn't seem like the district will be as tough across the board.  

Vince Young, who IMO, is the best dual threat I have seen in college football..... Put up almost 13,000 yards in his high school career. So i am not quite sure what OVERUSED is. He seemed to do fine in college, and was the rookie of the year in the NFL. In todays world of R.P.O.s and spread offenses, its a dual threat QB dream. I see R.J. putting up similar numbers to what he did last year. Injuries are football. That goes for every team, so I leave that out of the equation. I base my rankings on talent. I never base on JV games, because they are exactly that, JV games. I would think if P.N.G.s top 3 skills guys would have been on JV last year, they would have been rather salty, however they where rather salty on Varsity... (R.J.-Riggs, Hughes).... SO that being said.... Based on talent.

1. Memorial

2. P.N.-G.

3. Nederland

4. Central

Memorial should be better than last year, due to a dual threat QB. Disciplined defenses struggle with one thing, and that is a mobile QB, so I look for them to go through the district untested with the exception of P.N.G. But I just think defensively, P.N.G. cant stop them. P.N.G. has the top 3 skills players coming back, and should give Memorial a run, but I think will ultimately fall short by that 1 game. Nederland will be average, but will get back to the playoffs. LN was a legend in those parts, MB will need to get the same respect in order to keep the program thriving...... Central has enough athletes to get in the mix. I look at them to get in for the 4th spot. Depending on the coach and scheme, they could fall anywhere from 2 to 4 in the standings. But all this hinges on the D1 and D2 thing....... Vidor is just so one dimensional, I think they will be hard pressed to beat the Mid County teams and Memorial... The rest of the teams play hard, they just do not have much talent....

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

1.  Bridge City

2.  Silsbee

3. Navasota

4.  Huffman

5.  LiCk 'eM

6.  Cleveland

Obvious homer pick, but BC will really need some kids to step up and replace a good senior class if they hope to compete for a DC in 2017.  Silsbee will be good, and probably compete for the DC despite losing Tyler and Jones.  I expect Huffman to return to the postseason, and expect Navasota to improve slightly over last year.  I think Cleveland and LiCk 'eM both miss the postseason.  The top four are picked honestly in no particular order.  You could see any of the teams land anywhere in the top four.

It's crazy the difference a year can make.  Last year you could look at this district and figure it to be one of the toughest to advance to the playoffs in... 5 of the 6 teams would likely move on in most other districts.  This year doesn't seem like the district will be as tough across the board.  

I guess Lickem is LCM that's funny. To behonest I think LCM should have no problem making the playoffs and should have a better season then they did last year. 

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

I guess Lickem is LCM that's funny. To behonest I think LCM should have no problem making the playoffs and should have a better season then they did last year. 

Winters graduates this spring, doesn't he?  I wasn't sure about that.  I feel like the 4th team won't be much better than the 5th team, but I honestly don't know who will finish where.  It's not impossible that Navasota drops further and misses altogether.... It's also not impossible that they make respectable finish in district, either.  I just haven't really heard of any big changes coming from LCM, and other than us, I don't see anybody potentially falling off big-time.  Your QB was showing a lot of promise last year once they opened up the offense for him.... is he going to be coming back?

Our guys are going to be YOUNG next year, but will be in their 3rd year under Dubois' system.  We really need to develop a corp of linebackers capable of shutting down offenses.  If we can do that, we should be okay.  With Hunter Denton, Max Baker, and Andy Lara toting the ball, and the expected return of young Dubois at QB, I think we're ok as far as talent running the ball goes.  Skinner will be fine at QB instead of Dubois if that's what happens.  Practically all of the O-line AND D-line were seniors this year.  The secondary is mostly intact.  Line play will be the key in whether or not we're contending for a DC or fighting for a playoff spot.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Winters graduates this spring, doesn't he?  I wasn't sure about that.  I feel like the 4th team won't be much better than the 5th team, but I honestly don't know who will finish where.  It's not impossible that Navasota drops further and misses altogether.... It's also not impossible that they make respectable finish in district, either.  I just haven't really heard of any big changes coming from LCM, and other than us, I don't see anybody potentially falling off big-time.  Your QB was showing a lot of promise last year once they opened up the offense for him.... is he going to be coming back?

Our guys are going to be YOUNG next year, but will be in their 3rd year under Dubois' system.  We really need to develop a corp of linebackers capable of shutting down offenses.  If we can do that, we should be okay.  With Hunter Denton, Max Baker, and Andy Lara toting the ball, and the expected return of young Dubois at QB, I think we're ok as far as talent running the ball goes.  Skinner will be fine at QB instead of Dubois if that's what happens.  Practically all of the O-line AND D-line were seniors this year.  The secondary is mostly intact.  Line play will be the key in whether or not we're contending for a DC or fighting for a playoff spot.  

Winters will be senior next year. He started when he was a freshman. Douglas and Katon brown will  be seniors next year. We had a freshman running back that got some snaps against Henderson in the playoff game can't remember his name but I'm sure he will get some playing time. I think we graduate some of our o line I'll have to check. The biggest problem LCM has is our defense and giving up the big plays until that is fixed we will be where we are at. Maybe we can get a few WOS recruits lol

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

1.  Bridge City

2.  Silsbee

3. Navasota

4.  Huffman

5.  LiCk 'eM

6.  Cleveland

BC had a nice  big rb and ball control O. Is he still there, if not can the replacements hold up?

5 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

So mu

1.  PA-M-  going to be a tough out this year, I'm expecting them to be better this year than last.  That's scary.

2.  Vidor-  Like Soulja said, that JV team was loaded so anyone that graduated last year, will be replaced and they will be just fine. 

3.  PN-G-  1 injury away from being out of playoff talk.  I hope they don't run the kid as much this year as they did last year.  If he remains upright and healthy, the Indidans push for the #2 spot.  If he goes down, they don't even make the playoffs.  The Indians JV was the worse of the serious playoff contenders teams that I saw last year, not much help there. 

4.  Central- As far as the Jaguars go, to me, it all depends on who is given the head coaching position.  If Nelson is given the top spot and he brings in who I hear is coming to be the DC, the Jaguars will finish somewhere between #2, 3 and 4.  The talent is there, has always been there.  Leadership and I'm not just saying the last 4 years but leadership has been Central's undoing in the past.  Last years team shouldn't have lost a game except to PA-M, it was that evenly loaded across the board.  The offense was sacrificed last year for the benefit of one player.  In house Jaguar fans know what I'm talking about.  The defense had 9 returning starters, that apparently were not put in the best position to stop anyone.  It was time for the change and I welcome it...

5.  Nederland-  If Johnson goes down for the Indians, the Bulldogs get in, otherwise they'll miss again.

I agree that the season looks different without my brother for PNG but as far as the Vidor JV love, I'll believe it when I see it on the varisity level on a consistent basis. They are coached well for what they do, but again I got to see it and see it consistently. Other than that, I have no disagreement

25 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

BC had a nice  big rb and ball control O. Is he still there, if not can the replacements hold up?

The big RB is graduating.  The kid who's replacing him should be just fine. Honestly, the line had a lot to do with Draper's rushing success up the middle.  It's going to come down to how well a young line can step up.  The skill positions on offense shouldn't miss a beat if the line gels.  I expect to see a LOT of sophomores starting on the lines in 2017.  

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The big RB is graduating.  The kid who's replacing him should be just fine. Honestly, the line had a lot to do with Draper's rushing success up the middle.  It's going to come down to how well a young line can step up.  The skill positions on offense shouldn't miss a beat if the line gels.  I expect to see a LOT of sophomores starting on the lines in 2017.  

Yea, BC had some huge linemen up front.  Are they coming back?

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I actually have it like:

Please remember that both of PN G jv qb's were on the varisty. The 10th grade Roschon and the 11th grade Bost. They had quite a few more players than normal playing up. Imagine if Bost or Roschon were on the JV