P. J. Locke

From Tom Herman's Spring Football Press Conference today:

This is the hidden content, please

More

One Texas player Tom Herman loves: DB P.J. Locke. Herman actually called his parents to thank them for raising him right.

Outstanding!

20 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

From Tom Herman's Spring Football Press Conference today:

More

One Texas player Tom Herman loves: DB P.J. Locke. Herman actually called his parents to thank them for raising him right.

Outstanding!

Way to represent your current school (Texas), your old school (Central) and most importantly, yourself and your family name.

Talked to his dad last week at our daughters track meet and he told me that his son said that he has never been through a strength and conditioning program as intense as what Herman is putting him through.  I expect to see this young man at the NFL combine in a year or 2.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I blame Herman and his stupid workouts. 

I don't know the details of Locke's injury. But, generally speaking, I have to agree with your sentiment here. Way too many coaches are not using the knowledge, resources, and experts at their fingertips, to get the most out of their athletes. There's a fine line between tough and stupid, and I'd wager that a majority of football coaches, are still crossing that line.

25 minutes ago, dayton said:

I don't know the details of Locke's injury. But, generally speaking, I have to agree with your sentiment here. Way too many coaches are not using the knowledge, resources, and experts at their fingertips, to get the most out of their athletes. There's a fine line between tough and stupid, and I'd wager that a majority of football coaches, are still crossing that line.

So you are arguing that with the vast resources of the University of Texas, under the increased scrutiny of the NCAA in regard to player injuries, that they do not know what they are doing? 

4 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So you are arguing that with the vast resources of the University of Texas, under the increased scrutiny of the NCAA in regard to player injuries, that they do not know what they are doing? 

nope... I'm saying that it's very likely, that they are CHOOSING to do it wrong. Notice that I said, "not using the knowledge, resources, and experts at their fingertips."

22 minutes ago, dayton said:

nope... I'm saying that it's very likely, that they are CHOOSING to do it wrong. Notice that I said, "not using the knowledge, resources, and experts at their fingertips."

Injuries are inherent to the sport of football. There is no one to "blame" for a sports hernia. It's a tear in the groin muscle. Stuff happens. 

I wish Mr. Locke a speedy recovery. From what I have seen and read, he is a class act and an asset to the Longhorn program.

4 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Injuries are inherent to the sport of football. There is no one to "blame" for a sports hernia. It's a tear in the groin muscle. Stuff happens. 

I wish Mr. Locke a speedy recovery. From what I have seen and read, he is a class act and an asset to the Longhorn program.

A sports hernia is usually classified as an overuse injury. I think that supports what I'm saying. 

It doesn't matter, really. Just my personal opinion.

I'm glad he'll be back playing soon, and I think Herman is going to crush it at UT. 

54 minutes ago, dayton said:

A sports hernia is usually classified as an overuse injury. I think that supports what I'm saying. 

It doesn't matter, really. Just my personal opinion.

I'm glad he'll be back playing soon, and I think Herman is going to crush it at UT. 

Overuse and a direct result of not stretching properly and not taking advantage of the recovery options that are available.

Kids that give maximum effort and work extremely hard are at the greatest risk for this kind of injury.

Can't blame Herman or the training staff. P.J. will probably tell you himself that he could have done a better job stretching and taking advantage of the training staffs post practice recovery choices.