Bush and Jones

14 minutes ago, Bmt_4now said:

Do you guys think if Bush and Jones stayed at Legacy they would've been State champs this year and how much did Silsbee improve with Tyler,Bush, and Jones addition 

Yes and they improved a pretty good bit . Bush is really good.

Legacy did very well this year also. but if bush and Jones would have stayed Im sure they would have won a state championship just like the girls! They give Silsbee a different composure. both play score at will and play excellent defense Good luck tigers. Continue to make SETX proud

They helped Silsbee out substantially because when D. McCain got suspended.  They didn't lose much as far as scoring...  Now Jones is much needed to as he adds size and length to an already small Silsbee front line.  I think that they wouldn't be near as good without those two.  And yes, Legacy wouldn't win state with those two there.. 

On 3/6/2017 at 8:39 AM, Bmt_4now said:

Do you guys think if Bush and Jones stayed at Legacy they would've been State champs this year and how much did Silsbee improve with Tyler,Bush, and Jones addition 

Lol sounds like somebody is a little sour about losing their star players to Silsbee. I can relate though..... When I was in school at Buna we lost a couple of standout athletes when they transferred to Silsbee; one for basketball and one for football. Can't say I blame them though; Silsbee was/is a better all around athletic program and a bigger school.

2 hours ago, Gregg Popovich said:

Lol sounds like somebody is a little sour about losing their star players to Silsbee. I can relate though..... When I was in school at Buna we lost a couple of standout athletes when they transferred to Silsbee; one for basketball and one for football. Can't say I blame them though; Silsbee was/is a better all around athletic program and a bigger school.

Shannon and Jeremy 

I saw Damien Bush, young Bush's dad, play for Silsbee in 95.   When and how he got to town I don't know.  I love my hometown of Silsbee, but I've been living in H Town for a minute, so I ain't up on the daily details.  But if young Bush's dad was in Silsbee in 95, shoot homeboy is from Silsbee.  People in small country towns have long memories though.  I don't remember Willie Jones II at all.  I think someone said he played on the same team as Bush Sr.

That's how that thing goes.  Silsbee & other small towns have been feeding dna, players etc., to Beaumont, Houston, and even Dallas Austin, and San Antonio for many years.  Have all the players in WOS been born & raised in the city limits?  I doubt it., but that's 'nother whole Oprah Winfrey special.  No  I am not implying someone is cheating.  Moving around to a certain extent is basic human nature.

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I saw Damien Bush, young Bush's dad, play for Silsbee in 95.   When and how he got to town I don't know.  I love my hometown of Silsbee, but I've been living in H Town for a minute, so I ain't up on the daily details.  But if young Bush's dad was in Silsbee in 95, shoot homeboy is from Silsbee.  People in small country towns have long memories though.  I don't remember Willie Jones II at all.  I think someone said he played on the same team as Bush Sr.

That's how that thing goes.  Silsbee & other small towns have been feeding dna, players etc., to Beaumont, Houston, and even Dallas Austin, and San Antonio for many years.  Have all the players in WOS been born & raised in the city limits?  I doubt it., but that's 'nother whole Oprah Winfrey special.  No  I am not implying someone is cheating.  Moving around to a certain extent is basic human nature.

Braelon has lived in silsbee all his life from my understanding he only went to private school at Legacy for junior high so he wasn't a move in.

There are always gonna be kids that transfer to the bigger or better schools, that's just the way it is. I don't know all the rules and regulations regarding transferring, but it doesn't make much difference to me either way. If a kid is a talented athlete growing up in a school with a poor athletic program, then they will usually find a way to move to a better program. Or if a kid and his family thinks that he has a real shot at making it to the next level, then they may transfer to a larger school for more publicity/exposure. It's just the nature of the beast. It sucks when you are the school losing top shelf talent and athleticism, but that's the way it is and you can't blame the kids or their families. I just hope Buna becomes a good enough program that we can keep our homegrown talent like we did 15+ years ago instead of losing them to surrounding schools like we have for the past decade or so. 

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Fun fact regarding these small towns that produce great DNA: J.T. Barrett (QB for Ohio State) has family roots in Buna. His dad grew up and went to school in Buna, then ended up moving away (I believe because he was in the military). That is how J.T. ended up going to school in Wichita Falls. If his dad had been the typical small town homebody that never left Buna, then J.T. Barrett would have played football right here in SETX (but i doubt it would have been for Buna). He still has a big chunk of family that lives in Buna and he comes to visit from time to time.

That type of useless info is interesting to me lol.

18 minutes ago, Gregg Popovich said:

Fun fact regarding these small towns that produce great DNA: J.T. Barrett (QB for Ohio State) has family roots in Buna. His dad grew up and went to school in Buna, then ended up moving away (I believe because he was in the military). That is how J.T. ended up going to school in Wichita Falls. If his dad had been the typical small town homebody that never left Buna, then J.T. Barrett would have played football right here in SETX (but i doubt it would have been for Buna). He still has a big chunk of family that lives in Buna and he comes to visit from time to time.

That type of useless info is interesting to me lol.

Yup I used to work with JTs uncle at Goodyear Chemical 

Willie Jones is from Silsbee. Played QB and safety from 1993-95 and was a big part of the 1994/95 Tigers basketball team. Willie hit a corner 3 pointer to send the game Into OT vs Lincoln at Lamar. He and his son Tre have the same type of game. Tre reminds me a lot of his dad. 

10 hours ago, Kountzer said:

FYI, the team we won it with literally all been together since 5. If anything we lost people. But i agree with everything you've said.

21 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The one memory I have of Willie Jones II is when Silsbee was playing Port Arthur Lincoln at the Montagne for the right to go to the state tournament in Austin. He was the player that hit the 3 pointer at the buzzer to force OT. Unfortunately, Silsbee lost in OT and Lincoln went on to win state that year. That's what I remember of him on the hardwood. 

I'm sure Silsbee would have like to have had Willie Jones III for more than one year. Imagine him on last years team.

Whether some people want to believe it or not, it's a Beaumont school that had benefited from Silsbee transfers when it comes to Jones/Bush.

I say they owe us a player or two. Any Central/Ozen kids want to come stay with their auntie in Silsbee for a little while lol.

You gotta fight fire with fire when it comes to kids transferring/moving in. You don't think nearly all the good Dallas and Houston schools don't do this?

7 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I'm sure Silsbee would have like to have had Willie Jones III for more than one year. Imagine him on last years team.

Whether some people want to believe it or not, it's a Beaumont school that had benefited from Silsbee transfers when it comes to Jones/Bush.

I say they owe us a player or two. Any Central/Ozen kids want to come stay with their auntie in Silsbee for a little while lol.

You gotta fight fire with fire when it comes to kids transferring/moving in. You don't think nearly all the good Dallas and Houston schools don't do this?

I'm just kidding. I'm excited that the Tigers are playing in the state tourney this weekend, and I hope they can bring home the SC.