Silsbee 94 Houston Yates 84/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO SAN ANTONIO!

2 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

When will they play, and who will they play ? 

The two state semifinal games will be played on Friday at 1:30 and 3:00.  Who will play who in those games will be determined tomorrow morning.  The two teams with the top winning percentages are placed opposite each other and their opponents are determined by coin flip.

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think it will be 

SILSBEE vs Midlothian Heritage 

Argyle vs Brazosport. 

Nope, it won't be either of those games.

According to the TABC records, the following are the records of the Final 4 teams:

1.  Argyle: 33-3 (.916)

2.  Brazosport: 32-3 (.914)

3.  Midlothian Heritage: 32-5 (.864)

4.  Silsbee: 31-6 (.837)

That means we know that Argyle and Brazosport will be placed on opposite ends of the bracket.

So Silsbee will face either Argyle or Brazosport in the semis (depending on the coin flip that occurs tomorrow).

I told Coach Sigler after the game that I was happy for the win but more happy that it came in a tough way. Silsbee needed a close game going into San Antonio. They hadn't had one in two months.

BTW, Yates never led at anytime in this game. In fact, Silsbee has never trailed at any point in all of the playoff games.

4 regional titles in last 10 seasons. 8 regional final appearances in last 11 seasons.

Time to get that state title!!!!!!

Silsbee's Willie Jones named to Regional All Tourney team

Silsbee's Braelon Bush name Regional Tourney MVP

Bush scored 31 in the regional final.

Also, if there was a defensive MVP, it would obviously go to Silsbee's Bruce Newton. He was a major thorn in the side of Yates. Newton caused havoc defensively. Had a great game!!

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Nope, it won't be either of those games.

According to the TABC records, the following are the records of the Final 4 teams:

1.  Argyle: 33-3 (.916)

2.  Brazosport: 32-3 (.914)

3.  Midlothian Heritage: 32-5 (.864)

4.  Silsbee: 31-6 (.837)

That means we know that Argyle and Brazosport will be placed on opposite ends of the bracket.

So Silsbee will face either Argyle or Brazosport in the semis (depending on the coin flip that occurs tomorrow).

I'd like to see a silsbee/brazosport final.  It's a shame silsbee essentially gets the 4th seed based on playing a much harder schedule than the other teams, when they're deserving of the #1 seed.

I hope it's Brazosport vs Silsbee in the finals also. I am from that area so I have seen them play this year if any one can play with Silsbee it will be them. They might not have had a tougher schedule then Silsbee but their schedule was no push over. Coach Waddy will have them Water Ships ready to play whoever. Glad to see Silsbee get over the Yates Hump. Congrats

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee's Willie Jones named to Regional All Tourney team

Silsbee's Braelon Bush name Regional Tourney MVP

Bush scored 31 in the regional final.

Also, if there was a defensive MVP, it would obviously go to Silsbee's Bruce Newton. He was a major thorn in the side of Yates. Newton caused havoc defensively. Had a great game!!

Bush is just so scary good. Crazy to imagine him in 3 years as a senior. Jones played a great tournament. Then there is Bruce. Can't say enough about him. He sparks this team defensively and steps up with big baskets and assist.  Leader of the team in my opinion. 

Exactly.....lit a fire but imagine what it would be like if we had him!  Remember today we won with two of our leaders in foul trouble and not a lot of a factor. Add him back and you have even more depth at practically every position, that's one thing he had the size and game to play any spot except for being a shooter. 

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yes I hope that is the final. Shout out to LCM

Yea, we'll see y'all again twice next year and every year after that.  Perhaps you should enjoy and celebrate your trip to the state tournament instead of dwelling on an embarrassing incident that happened weeks ago.  Good luck in San Antonio...

It is a shame that on the same day that the Silsbee Tiger basketball team achieves what, to this point anyway, is the highest point not only the Tiger basketball season, but the SIlsbee athletic school year as well, some person, ironically enough also from Silsbee, chooses to focus on what is probably the lowest. 

The fact that Silsbee is doing this without Devon McCain is the fault of one person.  That person is not Brad Jeffcoat or any member of the LC-M Bears basketball team.  That person is not Richard Bain, or Randy Smith or Joe Sigler.  That person woke up and saw Devon McCain in the mirror this morning.  Any Silsbee player who participated in the actual brawl served but one game and has been back with the team throughout the playoffs.

I'll finish this as I just want to wish the Tigers good luck and let them know that all of Southeast Texas, even the folks in North Orange, are behind them.  In fact, I want to lend them something.  This is a hashtag that worked pretty well for my alma mater the year following a finals loss in 2014:

#FINISHIT!!!

Actually guys, it's a little more to it, which is why Badsanta brought it up...  There was subtle jabs and antagonizing going on after the incident and after the ruling that McCain would be out for the year.  Certain social media sites showed certain LC-M parents and players making comments up to but not limited to a high five, a job well done and certain thumbs up selfies while holding up the #3 (Devin's #)  with a snarky grin on their face.  Basically in reference to a pat on the back for 'taking out Silsbee's best player'.

It's not made up, I've seen it with my own eyes.  Even LC-M parents were caught saying inappropriate stuff, stuff that shouldn't be said about a kid and a group of young men.

If Badsanta seen any of this, then I completely understand why that comment was made...  Although I would've waited until the Tigers were hoisting the trophy and wearing the medals...

I started to drive out to that game.  You really can't say what happened unless you saw it yourself.  I probably would of gotten there just after it all happened.  # 3 messed up.  Maybe he was reacting to something that happened to a team mate.  I don't know.  The last guy is usually the one who gets caught.  Gotta win it all or it will come back.  Stuff can really blow up in the digital age.   Somebody is always going to have something to say.  You gotta be strong and ignore that stuff.  Tired of rehashing all this.  Let the wounds heal. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 94 Houston Yates 84/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO SAN ANTONIO!777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777,