PNG Colors

Coach85

I've said it many times. I prefer the traditional look established in the seventies and eighties.

Home: All purple uniforms or a mixture of purple and white (zig/zag trim).

Away: All white storm trooper look (purple zig/zag trim).

Most of the PN-G graduates and fans that I keep up with do not care one way or the other. There are a few vocal die-hard alums that do not want anything but purple/white.  I can understand that view.  There is nothing wrong holding on to the traditional purple/white look. That said, if today's kids want to mix things up with a purple/white/gray combo, I can live with that, too.  It's not the end of the world.  Uniforms come and go.  What stays with Indians forever...Honor, Pride and Tradition.

Go Indians.  Peace.

It's not really that big of a deal.  I've said this before.  Central went to a black color scheme like 10 years ago.  No problems.  Also, went to an all Maroon and white scheme. I remember saying they have us our there looking like Silsbee Tigers.  But us Jags noticed it, but still, no big deal.  Our boys looked good regardless.

I actually like the gray pants deal for PN-G.  It's a good change Of scenery...

17 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

I've said it many times. I prefer the traditional look established in the seventies and eighties.

Home: All purple uniforms or a mixture of purple and white (zig/zag trim).

Away: All white storm trooper look (purple zig/zag trim).

Most of the PN-G graduates and fans that I keep up with do not care one way or the other. There are a few vocal die-hard alums that do not want anything but purple/white.  I can understand that view.  There is nothing wrong holding on to the traditional purple/white look. That said, if today's kids want to mix things up with a purple/white/gray combo, I can live with that, too.  It's not the end of the world.  Uniforms come and go.  What stays with Indians forever...Honor, Pride and Tradition.

Go Indians.  Peace.

No Dog in this fight but, gotta agree. The Gray just doesnt rep Png imo. All white unis with purple trim looked the best.

6 hours ago, Knoddy1 said:

The Tradition part of Honor, Pride and Tradition, it seems to me the color scheme of Purple and White is Tradition, and somehow gray became the dominant color

Everyone knows my thoughts... Pretty sure, the story goes, Always be faithful to Purple and White........ Next thing you know we will be marching in under the stands like Highland Park!!!

This may have something to do with uil uniform guidelines. A few years back i can remember uil banning high schools from purchasing black uniforms if black was not one of there primary colors. The purpose I will never know!!! this is why you see so many teams wearing the stealth grey. it gave them an alternate uniform that wasn't black. maybe Uil has new restrictions on those colors as well. Back when I played uniforms were no as fancy as they are now but I have always believed if you look good you play good. I think coaches should be able to design their uniforms how ever they choose

45 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

This may have something to do with uil uniform guidelines. A few years back i can remember uil banning high schools from purchasing black uniforms if black was not one of there primary colors. The purpose I will never know!!! this is why you see so many teams wearing the stealth grey. it gave them an alternate uniform that wasn't black. maybe Uil has new restrictions on those colors as well. Back when I played uniforms were no as fancy as they are now but I have always believed if you look good you play good. I think coaches should be able to design their uniforms how ever they choose

Some of it had to do with the numbers fading into the background color.  They weren't readable by the officials or the people in the booth.

5 hours ago, Barney Fife said:

West Brook has an all black alternate uniform don't they? And black isn't one of its colors. Personally, I think if you have it in the budget, and the numbers can be seen in the press box, AND the alternate color isn't too crazy, then go for it. Most of the time, the kids love it. 

I can see whereas grey might be added as an accent color to a uniform to make the other two colors pop out - but making it a primary color on a uniform was foolish. Seeing the players run through the breakthrough sign in grey pants , with Cherokee blaring and thousands of fans singing "always be faithful.... to PURPLE and WHITE" ticked off many alumni. Yes, times change and fabric and technology advances but for school that prides itself on tradition and "bleeding purple" - you can't start - adding black and grey as primary colors and think it's not going to get attention for some. 

37 minutes ago, CAL2TEX said:

I can see whereas grey might be added as an accent color to a uniform to make the other two colors pop out - but making it a primary color on a uniform was foolish. Seeing the players run through the breakthrough sign in grey pants , with Cherokee blaring and thousands of fans singing "always be faithful.... to PURPLE and WHITE" ticked off many alumni. Yes, times change and fabric and technology advances but for school that prides itself on tradition and "bleeding purple" - you can't start - adding black and grey as primary colors and think it's not going to get attention for some. 

If those fans really did that when the boys came out of the tunnel, then I'll have to question their loyalty to their team and their fanhood...

While I understand that PNG is Purple and White I also have this question .... Who says that only old tradition is the only tradition???  New tradition can be formed. Its kind of like whatever tradition was when it was your school time is what alot want for all time. If you really know PNG history you know that they have had many many traditions through the years that have come and gone. My personal favorite are the all white stromtrooper look on the uniforms....

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

My personal favorite were the all white w the grey helmets. This should be what the coaches and kids want though. No reason to complain about anything with all the success on the field this past season.  

1024x1024.jpg

I couldn't have said this better myself...