Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

You brought up Thompson.  I made a logical statement based on "facts" concerning Hooks' record.  Now, if your point was to compare Hooks and Neauman's record then we can do that also. 

No not at all. I was actually trying to follow your logic and say that if you believe Neumann wasn't as successful as he should have been then that's why Barrow shouldn't be considered qualified for the position. If we compare the two, then yes Hooks obviously was much more successful. But, in your opinion, does that mean Neumann wasn't? That's what I guess I was tryaiming to get at. If you don't believe Neumann did enough with what he had, then I can see why you are taking the stance that you are.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:41 PM, chorizo said:

I hope the best for the players of each and every sport and I hope the best for each and every coach of every sport in the city of nederland.bottom line is not to many student athletes from nederland go on to make a living playing sports so all we can hope for is these coaches teach these kids a valuable lesson that helps them become adults and a future in whatever life brings their way,enough bashing let's just pray for a better future for every coach and every student athlete in nederland!!!

Nice post & well said homie   

On 3/27/2017 at 0:56 PM, Reagan said:

Has Barrow talked Delbert Spell into staying?  Also, has Barrow finished filling out his staff?

Best way to get your questions answered is to email him or come to a Nederland sporting event & ask him in person if you are really concerned about the football staff & N.I.S.D. Athletics. I doubt he would have a problem answering your concerns about his or his staffs shortcomings with coaching,play calling or his abilities to run Nederlands Athletic Dept. Nederland vs. Png baseball game tonite @ 7 @ Nederland field, come on out & meet Coach Delbert Spell & all the coaches.... 

I'm sure Monte will fill the oc with someone from the staff. Then he would only have to hire a position Coach. It amazes me how a couple people on here trash him. Do you even know his role under Neumann. He was responsible for way more than any of you think. He has been patient and deserves a levitate shot. I just hope the people on here trashing him don't have a kid on the team. Don't need any daddy poison going on. It would seem that in a community like Nederland that everyone would rally around the coach. But it would also seem we could get a bond passed. Anyway only time will tell if he was the right man for the job, but I feel like he was.

1 hour ago, Proud Dawg said:

I'm sure Monte will fill the oc with someone from the staff. Then he would only have to hire a position Coach. It amazes me how a couple people on here trash him. Do you even know his role under Neumann. He was responsible for way more than any of you think. He has been patient and deserves a levitate shot. I just hope the people on here trashing him don't have a kid on the team. Don't need any daddy poison going on. It would seem that in a community like Nederland that everyone would rally around the coach. But it would also seem we could get a bond passed. Anyway only time will tell if he was the right man for the job, but I feel like he was.

1st bold:  Proof?

2nd bold:  Enlighten us.

1.  I don't have to enlighten anyone of anything. If you know the program which you don't, then you would know all that he did. He and Delbert had roles on that staff like no other. This just shows that you are either a disgruntled player or parent. 2.  There is no way to predict what the years under Monte will be like because of the ever changing talent and also he is coaching kids. There are all sorts of variables in this. If you would like a run down of all of Montes responsibilities as offensive coordinator, then it seems clear to me that you know very little about the staff for the past years. You can complain all you want about the best hire but only time will tell. You may need to take your agenda somewhere else. I don't think anyone on the board that has any knowledge or pride in bulldog football is buying your bull. 

9 hours ago, Proud Dawg said:

1.  I don't have to enlighten anyone of anything. If you know the program which you don't, then you would know all that he did. He and Delbert had roles on that staff like no other. This just shows that you are either a disgruntled player or parent. 2.  There is no way to predict what the years under Monte will be like because of the ever changing talent and also he is coaching kids. There are all sorts of variables in this. If you would like a run down of all of Montes responsibilities as offensive coordinator, then it seems clear to me that you know very little about the staff for the past years. You can complain all you want about the best hire but only time will tell. You may need to take your agenda somewhere else. I don't think anyone on the board that has any knowledge or pride in bulldog football is buying your bull. 

1st bold:  Answer, no proof of any personal bashing.

2nd bold:  I know exactly what his roll was.  Just curious if you did.

PS -- I wish him well.  Like I've said before -- I hope he goes 10-0 and wins an out-right District Championship. 

9 hours ago, Proud Dawg said:

great post,very true statements. ole reagan can't take her bs agenda no where else except on messege boards where she can hide behind a screen name talking negative about good coaches & things she knows nothing about. come on out the closet my friend we wont laugh too hard at you, i was always taught to respect a lady... Im always saving you & ole navydog39 a seat, tonite @7pm Nederland vs. Png @ png baseball field.

43 minutes ago, kf89 said:

great post,very true statements. ole reagan can't take her bs agenda no where else except on messege boards where she can hide behind a screen name talking negative about good coaches & things she knows nothing about. come on out the closet my friend we wont laugh too hard at you, i was always taught to respect a lady... Im always saving you & ole navydog39 a seat, tonite @7pm Nederland vs. Png @ png baseball field.

Are we reading the post?  LOL!

Ok Reagan, I'll play. Enlighten me on what you would have done differently. Would you have split up ad and head coach or gone in a completely different direction. You seem very determined to prove your point. I am a nobody so you don't have to indulge me, but if you wanna make your position known I will gladly debate mine. Who knows, there may actually be a lil common ground. After all, we are all in it for the kids

PN-G fan...I don't know what Coach Monte Barrow did or did not do on the staff at NHS, but I can tell you from past W/L results -- and not from just the PN-G game each year -- that Coach Barrow put together some good offensive game plans.  Game plans approved by Larry Neumann.  That should be good enough for Coach Barrow to get his shot under the bright lights as head coach.  As for Delbert Spell, I'm guessing each August for the past 20+ years, Coach Neumann said, "Delbert, on defense, you know the pieces of our personnel puzzle, so go put the best pieces together and let me know when you are finished."  That seemed to work well for 20+ years.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Go Indians.  Peace.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:29 PM, Brubaker said:

Be careful, you cant blame the kids.  We have Dodge and Duhon just there waiting to be coached up remember?

No, apparently a DC from Katy (or whoever the anti-Monte crowd wanted) would create Dodge and Duhon from whatever he is given.  Because talent does not matter and there are no talent cycles apparently.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

No, apparently a DC from Katy (or whoever the anti-Monte crowd wanted) would create Dodge and Duhon from whatever he is given.  Because talent does not matter and there are no talent cycles apparently.

I am glad someone brought this subject up.   One doesn't always need a Dodge or Duhon to win a State Championship (which, BTW, they did not).  More of my opinion on this later.  I know ya'll can't wait.  : < )

I am just wondering why we would want someone that is unproven from another school when we have someone that is unproven from our own school. Either one of them could be the next greatest coach or a total flop. What scares me more is that why did only 10 people apply. Our facilities are bad and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Let's all get behind Monte because he has our kids best interest at heart. 

On 3/22/2017 at 4:03 PM, kf89 said:

you seem to be the big guy thats all talk & no facts to back up your negative remarks about Barrow.But in the same breath you say Larry set the standard of championships & playoffs while barrow was with him & learned the whole time. So i guess Barrow didnt learn anything & is too big of a bonehead to keep a succesfull program that i assume you were apart of going? A masters degree is piece of paper saying you completed college classes to be able to obtain more salary, it has nothing to do with a persons ability to coach or get their job done successfully. So be honest what is your beef with Barrow? Who was the most qualified & what facts on their resume make them better? I've never heard who you are & im sure Coach Barrow & all the "hometown good ole boys" would love to know who it is thats so against them. But you could never do that because you probably tell them all how great guys & coaches they are to their face lmao. I have 2 boys going to be playing football & several younger nephews at Nederland & thats the only posse im concerned about. 

P.S. I dont need to dm you little buddy my name is Mike Hiltz. I'm usually at most Nederland sporting events & not hard to find if you really want to introduce yourself & talk honest & freely.  

lol like I said before I have came out and said numerous times who I am. The names Travis Williams little buddy and and played for majority of the current coaching staff, so called you out on your bluff. So if Monte doesn't play your son right are you going to pull him and start your own team like you did with Nederland LL? Still talked about Nederland to this day. Monte had years and years to obtain a Masters, he was just a OC and a gym coach no responsibilities during the spring semester except  a year of softball head coach which he did a fantastic job but those were some of Nederlands greatest years of softball. If you can't handle your business to insure their is no doubt you will get the job rather than expect a handout that you will be just giving the HC/AD because you have been there for years then that's a disgrace and slap to Nederland Athletics. A masters degree isn't just a paper to pay more that was a moron statement. Being a AD you are running a business and in charge of the business ethics of the whole athletic dept, managing coaches and staff, legal issues, well being of students and etc. Coaches get fired all the time for not just the record but being poor AD and not running the buisness aspect correctly. 

I wasn't more biased for one coach more than the other I wanted one that met credentials that a single 5A high school town in Texas should hire and that's a masters degree recipient. Not a step back but that's how Nederland is and afraid of change and won't see the big picture.

Its Monte's program to run and hope he wins a state championship but time will tell on how everything will pan out. I hope he hires Coach English a legitamate assistant basketball coach of his choice. Not a fill in. 

Travis Williams huh?never heard of you & im sure many coaches havent either. Whatever Coach Barrow decides to do with my son will be whats best for him & the team. Barrow is more then qualified, knows football & my son will gladly play wherever he is needed & earn everything he gets like he has his whole life. Seems like you have been listening to the wrong people & got alot of your information wrong. Like i said several times i would love to meet you & have you enlighten me on your beliefs. Im at many NISD athletic games so don't be shy. P.S. are all the great kids, their championships & accomplishments in little league still talked about to this day i helped coach also???    

4 hours ago, kf89 said:

Travis Williams huh?never heard of you & im sure many coaches havent either. Whatever Coach Barrow decides to do with my son will be whats best for him & the team. Barrow is more then qualified, knows football & my son will gladly play wherever he is needed & earn everything he gets like he has his whole life. Seems like you have been listening to the wrong people & got alot of your information wrong. Like i said several times i would love to meet you & have you enlighten me on your beliefs. Im at many NISD athletic games so don't be shy. P.S. are all the great kids, their championships & accomplishments in little league still talked about to this day i helped coach also???    

You missed everything I put. Never said Monte coaches bad. Facts are stated above and you are ignore everything that was put. You are Very disgruntled because my oppion is opposite of yours. It's probably not in the best interest if we "meet up" nor would I know what you look like or care too.

• Bigdog locked this topic