Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

On 3/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, kf89 said:

Come on guys stop crying & except the fact that your negative opinions about Coach Barrow were nothing but B.S. & the best man got the job. Anyone but Barrow would have made you & ole navydawg happy and it has nothing to do with his coaching abilities or resume. Barrow could win state & you guys would still say these Bobby August type coaches are better. You can do all the what if this & that you want,but the fact is Coach Barrow was the best, most qualified man for the job,if not the anti "good ole boy" system crowd, school board & super would have ran him out of town in a heart beat. Still Not sure why the strong anti barrow feelings & dislike of the man & his abilities that have led to many successful men & women while they played for him & in the real world after high school sports not just football, see thats the key you guys dont get Barrow is 100% all for any Nederland sport & activity. Its got to be a personal problem with you guys,you, a son or a family member that maybe things didnt go the way you wanted so you blame the coaches for the rest of your lives??? Katy is a nice area with nice homes you guys can move to & watch the great cinco ranch dc do his thing every practice & friday nite. Sorry fellas but the BULLDOG WAY & ALL FOR ONE ONE FOR ALL will be carried on a few more years...........

Please DM me, i would love to know the real people instead of screen names & here either you guys logical reasonings about Nederland,Nederland athletics & football  

LMAO okay so you must be one of the Monte Barrow posse that floats around Nederland. I have told who I was several times on here before. If you wanna know and talk feel free to DM little buddy. But Monte was not the best most qualified person for the job when he had years and years to obtain a masters degree but Nederland neglected and stooped down and hired Barrow which was a true coward move. If he had a Master Degree then his resume would had looked stronger and a better candidate. I have nothing personal against Monte, good guy but calls some of the biggest bone head plays that leaves everyone scratching their head. Two of Nederlands finest players in the late 90s would audible a lot. But besides the fact Nederland needs a change of scenery get with the times and they swung and missed and went with the safe route. I hope it works out great for Nederland but if 2 years under Monte is no playoffs then they need to be looking for someone different. Larry set the standard here with Monte being his assistant for numerous years and everyone talking about he learned from the best well it's his time now and his time to run the show. Monte might be for the "Bulldog way" and all about Nederland Athletics etc.  But the past 25 years the Bulldog way is playoffs and championships. 

12 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Be careful, you cant blame the kids.  We have Dodge and Duhon just there waiting to be coached up remember?

Not blaming the kids, always said, give the Nederland coaching staff the athletic talent on some of the Beaumont teams and watch out!! We beat many of those teams through the years with less athletic kids. I'm actually talking about the next two to three years, just seems like there might be a drop in the number of individual players who are game changers. But then again like Knoddy1 said, some of our best teams have come from years when we thought we had nothing coming back. Just making the point a 4 - 6 record doesn't mean you can't lead a program.

15 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

LMAO okay so you must be one of the Monte Barrow posse that floats around Nederland. I have told who I was several times on here before. If you wanna know and talk feel free to DM little buddy. But Monte was not the best most qualified person for the job when he had years and years to obtain a masters degree but Nederland neglected and stooped down and hired Barrow which was a true coward move. If he had a Master Degree then his resume would had looked stronger and a better candidate. I have nothing personal against Monte, good guy but calls some of the biggest bone head plays that leaves everyone scratching their head. Two of Nederlands finest players in the late 90s would audible a lot. But besides the fact Nederland needs a change of scenery get with the times and they swung and missed and went with the safe route. I hope it works out great for Nederland but if 2 years under Monte is no playoffs then they need to be looking for someone different. Larry set the standard here with Monte being his assistant for numerous years and everyone talking about he learned from the best well it's his time now and his time to run the show. Monte might be for the "Bulldog way" and all about Nederland Athletics etc.  But the past 25 years the Bulldog way is playoffs and championships. 

you seem to be the big guy thats all talk & no facts to back up your negative remarks about Barrow.But in the same breath you say Larry set the standard of championships & playoffs while barrow was with him & learned the whole time. So i guess Barrow didnt learn anything & is too big of a bonehead to keep a succesfull program that i assume you were apart of going? A masters degree is piece of paper saying you completed college classes to be able to obtain more salary, it has nothing to do with a persons ability to coach or get their job done successfully. So be honest what is your beef with Barrow? Who was the most qualified & what facts on their resume make them better? I've never heard who you are & im sure Coach Barrow & all the "hometown good ole boys" would love to know who it is thats so against them. But you could never do that because you probably tell them all how great guys & coaches they are to their face lmao. I have 2 boys going to be playing football & several younger nephews at Nederland & thats the only posse im concerned about. 

P.S. I dont need to dm you little buddy my name is Mike Hiltz. I'm usually at most Nederland sporting events & not hard to find if you really want to introduce yourself & talk honest & freely.  

11 minutes ago, kf89 said:

you seem to be the big guy thats all talk & no facts to back up your negative remarks about Barrow.But in the same breath you say Larry set the standard of championships & playoffs while barrow was with him & learned the whole time. So i guess Barrow didnt learn anything & is too big of a bonehead to keep a succesfull program that i assume you were apart of going? A masters degree is piece of paper saying you completed college classes to be able to obtain more salary, it has nothing to do with a persons ability to coach or get their job done successfully. So be honest what is your beef with Barrow? Who was the most qualified & what facts on their resume make them better? I've never heard who you are & im sure Coach Barrow & all the "hometown good ole boys" would love to know who it is thats so against them. But you could never do that because you probably tell them all how great guys & coaches they are to their face lmao. I have 2 boys going to be playing football & several younger nephews at Nederland & thats the only posse im concerned about. 

P.S. I dont need to dm you little buddy my name is Mike Hiltz. I'm usually at most Nederland sporting events & not hard to find if you really want to introduce yourself & talk honest & freely.  

No one doubts Barrow learned things from Neauman.  But what concerns some is that being a spoke in the wheel is a whole lot different than being in charge of that wheel.  Now, again, nothing personal against Barrow, we are just concerned about putting a 5-A program in the hands of someone with no experience.  Again, my opinion.   PS -- Unless it was a power play by the Superintendent!  Hummm!

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

No one doubts Barrow learned things from Neauman.  But what concerns some is that being a spoke in the wheel is a whole lot different than being in charge of that wheel.  Now, again, nothing personal against Barrow, we are just concerned about putting a 5-A program in the hands of someone with no experience.  Again, my opinion.   PS -- Unless it was a power play by the Superintendent!  Hummm!

Coach Thompson seemed to make the transfer pretty well... give this guy a chance!

IMO, long-time, loyal assistants should always be rewarded with the opportunity to be the Head Coach when their mentor steps down. This is how you continue successful programs and keep continuity in a program.

Now with that being said, if Nederland has two years of losing football under Monte then I definitely think a move to the outside will be necessary.

And having a Masters Degree in some BS subject in no way proves you have the ability to lead.

I want to end this tension field computer screen back & forth & give a warm friendly personal & civil invite to Reagan ,the honarable,respectful navydawg39 & anyone else that supports bulldog athletics & expressed negative comments towards Nederland football or any of the Ned. coaches to come out this Friday at Nederland baseball field starting at 4:30 with jv game & 7 for varsity game to introduce your real selfs so we can have an honest free civil discussion instead of hiding behind a screen name. Come out enjoy a home cooking burger or chicken basket on me & some good ole fashion good ole boy bulldog baseball. Hell you guys can even introduce yourselves to Coach Barrow & a few of the other Ned.coaches to express the doubts & concerns of their abilities to do their jobs up to your standards to better help them fix their shortcomings.  Sincerely your little buddy MIke Hiltz

4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Coach Thompson seemed to make the transfer pretty well... give this guy a chance!

I'm glad you brought this up.  Good debate topic.  After some thought, I presume, you came up with this comparison.   Give us your thoughts on why you think this is a valid comparison. 

21 hours ago, Reagan said:

Seems fitting, after all Coach Neumann was handed the program without any head coaching experience and we all know how that turned out!!  First two years under Monte will be rough, to me it is because of player depth and impact players are missing. He still is the man for the job!

2 hours ago, kf89 said:

I want to end this tension field computer screen back & forth & give a warm friendly personal & civil invite to Reagan ,the honarable,respectful navydawg39 & anyone else that supports bulldog athletics & expressed negative comments towards Nederland football or any of the Ned. coaches to come out this Friday at Nederland baseball field starting at 4:30 with jv game & 7 for varsity game to introduce your real selfs so we can have an honest free civil discussion instead of hiding behind a screen name. Come out enjoy a home cooking burger or chicken basket on me & some good ole fashion good ole boy bulldog baseball. Hell you guys can even introduce yourselves to Coach Barrow & a few of the other Ned.coaches to express the doubts & concerns of their abilities to do their jobs up to your standards to better help them fix their shortcomings.  Sincerely your little buddy MIke Hiltz

Hey Lil buddy,can you buy me a burger????

37 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Seems fitting, after all Coach Neumann was handed the program without any head coaching experience and we all know how that turned out!!  First two years under Monte will be rough, to me it is because of player depth and impact players are missing. He still is the man for the job!

He won't get more than two years. He has to at least maintain, 6-4 and the playoffs both years will probably allow him to keep the job. But, 4-6 and missing the playoffs two years in a row will probably cost him the job.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

I'm glad you brought this up.  Good debate topic.  After some thought, I presume, you came up with this comparison.   Give us your thoughts on why you think this is a valid comparison. 

Both know the system and what works with the talent that they have due to being long time assistants. Both inherit a successful football program (obviously wos more successful), so all that Barrow needs to do from this point on is continue what Neumann has put in to place. I'm sure he'll keep the same Coaching staff for the most part, of course he'll have to replace himself eventually but that can come in time. So basically he has all the pieces and tools to continue to build the program up, now y'all just need to see what he can do with it.

Nederland is not that talent rich, but Neumann was very good at utilizing the talent he did have and being competitive. Just hope that Barrow learned that from him.

32 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

He won't get more than two years. He has to at least maintain, 6-4 and the playoffs both years will probably allow him to keep the job. But, 4-6 and missing the playoffs two years in a row will probably cost him the job.

Too bad if it happens that way. I can see a 5 -5 record being a great achievement next year.

At this point I can't understand why all the negatives from a few of you, the decision has been made Monte Barrow is the HC/AD of the Nederland Bulldogs, I just don't see how all this can be helpful to anyone. It seems to be a trend now days if your side does not win then you just trash the winner....sad

I hope the best for the players of each and every sport and I hope the best for each and every coach of every sport in the city of nederland.bottom line is not to many student athletes from nederland go on to make a living playing sports so all we can hope for is these coaches teach these kids a valuable lesson that helps them become adults and a future in whatever life brings their way,enough bashing let's just pray for a better future for every coach and every student athlete in nederland!!!

5 hours ago, James Mosley said:

Too bad if it happens that way. I can see a 5 -5 record being a great achievement next year.

Nederland doesnt return much this year but still has a few pieces. I think Simmons will be the focal point of the offense this year as there are question marks at QB, Offensive Line and WR. The Defense will be ok with Forney and Lewis returning. 

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Nederland doesnt return much this year but still has a few pieces. I think Simmons will be the focal point of the offense this year as there are question marks at QB, Offensive Line and WR. The Defense will be ok with Forney and Lewis returning. 

Agree about Simmons, I hope he has a break out huge year. I think he can play for Lamar. Kid is hard to bring down for being such a small player.

8 hours ago, James Mosley said:

I actually think we will be pretty good in '17... after that, you may be right. I think the pieces are in place to have a solid 2017 though.

48 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Agree about Simmons, I hope he has a break out huge year. I think he can play for Lamar. Kid is hard to bring down for being such a small player.

Simmons is gonna be great. Lewis will be a 2-way stud like Colton Kimler was. Mark my words. Leday looked good at QB in limited action. Forney will lead an underrated defense. The secondary should be solid in my opinion. The cupboard is far from bare.

8 hours ago, jake94 said:

Simmons is gonna be great. Lewis will be a 2-way stud like Colton Kimler was. Mark my words. Leday looked good at QB in limited action. Forney will lead an underrated defense. The secondary should be solid in my opinion. The cupboard is far from bare.

You usually see it like it is jake94 and after reading the names you mentioned, I will have to agree, we seem better in 2017 than what I thought.

To give it an optimistic look, Nederland played quite a few sophomores last year and they gained valuable game experience that will only help them the next 2 years...I remember that happening another time here recently (2010) and the 2011 and 2012 teams ended up 2-time undefeated district champs, going 3 and 4 rounds deep, respectively...not saying that's a sure thing for this group, but it is far from a lost cause...that Friday night experience those players got last year will benefit them

On 3/23/2017 at 8:27 AM, L-Train11 said:

I would tend to agree that Thompson was the right choice at the time.  Does that make me a hypocrite?  Absolutely not.  I don't base my decisions and opinions on emotions.  I try to stick with the facts as I see them.  Let me explain:  Thompson coached under Dan Hooks.  Let's examine Hooks as a coach through his record.  Again, this is how coaches are judged.  Hooks had 17 out-right District Championships.  He had 1 15-0 record.  And he had 2 State Championships.  So, yes, with this kind of record I can see why they gave it to Thompson.

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I would tend to agree that Thompson was the right choice at the time.  Does that make me a hypocrite?  Absolutely not.  I don't base my decisions and opinions on emotions.  I try to stick with the facts as I see them.  Let me explain:  Thompson coached under Dan Hooks.  Let's examine Hooks as a coach through his record.  Again, this is how coaches are judged.  Hooks had 17 out-right District Championships.  He had 1 15-0 record.  And he had 2 State Championships.  So, yes, with this kind of record I can see why they gave it to Thompson.

So are you saying Neumann hasn't been successful enough for his assistant to be worthy of the position?

If so, then I can see why you would say that and why you think the way you do.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

So are you saying Neumann hasn't been successful enough for his assistant to be worthy of the position?

If so, then I can see why you would say that and why you think the way you do.

You brought up Thompson.  I made a logical statement based on "facts" concerning Hooks' record.  Now, if your point was to compare Hooks and Neauman's record then we can do that also. 

• Bigdog locked this topic