Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

Great hire.  Monte will keep continuity in the program and not skip a beat while injecting a little new blood into all of the programs.  

I just hope that everyone that was this passionate about (gasp) potentially having a basketball coach as AD will be just as vocal and supportive about pushing for a proper bond issue that will upgrade all facilities (schools and athletic) in the near future.

9 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Brian Spell as OC?  Father and son coordinators.  Pretty neat if it happens.

No reason Monte couldn't continue calling O plays,but B. Spell is capable too. Might be a hybrid type or situational type of role. But congrats to coach Barrow. Very well deserved. I can tell you the rest of the district was probably hoping for a non-Larry Neumann guy. I am just glad the board and supt. didn't botch this. Great job!

As a side note: I am willing to bet that Neumann had a big, big influence and sway on this decision. There's nothing better than a revered and legendary coach going to bat for you..

3 hours ago, GoDogs27 said:

No reason Monte couldn't continue calling O plays,but B. Spell is capable too. Might be a hybrid type or situational type of role. But congrats to coach Barrow. Very well deserved. I can tell you the rest of the district was probably hoping for a non-Larry Neumann guy. I am just glad the board and supt. didn't botch this. Great job!

As a side note: I am willing to bet that Neumann had a big, big influence and sway on this decision. There's nothing better than a revered and legendary coach going to bat for you..

The highlighted part pretty much covers most of the comments on this thread.  The last thing most of the district wanted to see was a continuation of the same program.

• Bigdog locked this topic