Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

2 hours ago, Zoneblock said:

With no dog in the fight how many towns with one high school have an AD other than the football coach are successful year in and year out in football in this area

With equal amounts of dogs in the fight, how many single high school school districts have the football coach as their AD and whose football programs are not successful year in and year out.

20 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

You do realize that they are not going to fill one without filling the other?  No way they announce that and get the board to vote unless they have coordinated with the person or people that they are going to hire.  

Plus, it is not going to be the end of Western civilization if the AD and HC is split.  Some of these people predicting the demise of the program and the entire community if this happens is utterly mind numbing.  Monte has no one to blame for this but himself if he is not AD and HC come Monday.  He has had years to get his Masters Degree and if he had, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.  (And I happen to think that Monte will be a very good HC if he gets the job.)

To say that Brian English would destroy the football program if he was to be named AD is ridiculous and borderline offensive.  Applying that logic, I would assume that all head football coaches that are also AD's are out to destroy all other programs.

Reading statements like this make me wonder, Since when did it become mandatory for a HC to have a Masters? Nederland didn't require it in the posting, so why is it a sticking point for some?

1 hour ago, OldNedDog said:

Reading statements like this make me wonder, Since when did it become mandatory for a HC to have a Masters? Nederland didn't require it in the posting, so why is it a sticking point for some?

The issue was addressed earlier in the thread. The issue is with the title of Athletic Director. As others have pointed out the position is Administrative, and many school districts prefer a master’s degree but there is no set in stone requirement to have a master’s degree. Most will put masters preferred as Nederland did for the position.

10 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The issue was addressed earlier in the thread. The issue is with the title of Athletic Director. As others have pointed out the position is Administrative, and many school districts prefer a master’s degree but there is no set in stone requirement to have a master’s degree. Most will put masters preferred as Nederland did for the position.

Gotcha,  thanks

On 2/25/2017 at 1:10 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

All the talk of doom is nonsense. Either coach will do fine.

Amen, everyone needs to calm the heck down.   And BTW , I don't see NISD splitting the AD and HC positions.  Whoever gets one will get the other.   As far as the board goes, Neumann rubbed some people the wrong way for years, but none of the current board were around for most of that.

-Also, as far as one person's comment about the assistant supers not getting moved up to super vs an outside hire, there were probably other reasons for that, none that I will talk about on here.

I would just like to see whoever gets the job to be a good steward for all athletics in Nederland...I still think their are many local business donors that could elevate the programs equipment, facilities etc. wise that would help the district if the platform was put in place...Just placing names on scoreboards and signs isn't the only way to get the money rolling in to athletic programs...Tonight is the night...!!

On 2/25/2017 at 0:14 PM, chorizo said:

People can talk all day long about this but bottom line is,if monte doesn't get it I see doom for this football program!!i see coaches and players leaving..

That is an interesting take on things. Do you think if players leave they will have a chance to play at other schools? I did not realize the mood in Nederland was of this nature.

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

That is an interesting take on things. Do you think if players leave they will have a chance to play at other schools? I did not realize the mood in Nederland was of this nature.

You can't say people aren't passionate in Nederland. I think regardless of the outcome tonight Nederland football will be fine.

17 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Lots of talk..and yes changing classifications I do believe you can play without losing a year of eligibility.

12 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I don't see anyone transferring over a coaching change except those who had planned to leave already both coaches Barrow and Simmons are good.

Neither one could be there possibly if they split jobs and give ad to a basketball coach.imo what football coach wants to work for a basketball coach!!!

• Bigdog locked this topic