Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

3 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

I think they did it at Ozen some years back when their basketball team won state, but there is not anyone doing it in this part of Texas that I know of, and I don't think any of them would even consider it....this is Texas

Ozen is part of BISD that is a three high school district. So all the coaches in Beaumont did not have one including Stump a few years back and Flannigan and Foreman that just left. And all the other great coaches BISD has had. 

46 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Disaster would be they give English the AD and then Barrow and Simmons turn down the HC position without the AD title.  Worst of all scenarios and a very real possibility.

There should be enough money with Neumann stepping down to give English a raise and keep him around, he certainly deserves a raise since he's been to our basketball program what Neumann has been to our football program. Also, the head football coach will be getting a raise if it's Barrow and I don't think he'd decline the HC job and bump in pay even if he isn't the AD. I'm not sure Simmons would take the job without the AD position, but I think it would be an all or nothing offer if he is who we have our eye on. I still don't see that happening.

I do, however, think many of you are overreacting about our program going into the doldrums if a football guy isn't the AD. If Brian gets AD, there's a 99 percent chance that Barrow is the other side of that hire as HC. And, if Barrow is the best man for the job, then he will be here a long time and be successful. 

I'd like to see us find a way to keep both and I don't really care who the AD is. Just want to see all our sports programs succeed and pay these guys accordingly. 

I think any of the candidates will do an awesome job and will be an improvement when it comes to the AD duties( the duties of AD, not wins and losses).

6 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Disaster would be they give English the AD and then Barrow and Simmons turn down the HC position without the AD title.  Worst of all scenarios and a very real possibility.

You do realize that they are not going to fill one without filling the other?  No way they announce that and get the board to vote unless they have coordinated with the person or people that they are going to hire.  

Plus, it is not going to be the end of Western civilization if the AD and HC is split.  Some of these people predicting the demise of the program and the entire community if this happens is utterly mind numbing.  Monte has no one to blame for this but himself if he is not AD and HC come Monday.  He has had years to get his Masters Degree and if he had, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.  (And I happen to think that Monte will be a very good HC if he gets the job.)

To say that Brian English would destroy the football program if he was to be named AD is ridiculous and borderline offensive.  Applying that logic, I would assume that all head football coaches that are also AD's are out to destroy all other programs.

19 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

You dont read well, I didnt say it would be a disaster if English were the AD.  I said it would be a disaster if he was AD and Barrow and Simmons declined... please read more closely.

And, I guess your comprehension skills were lacking in the first paragraph where I said the board and supt will not split the hires like you fear so much.  They are not going to allow that to happen.  

The paragraphs after that were not necessarily directed at you.

No one on this board has ever implied that Brian English would destroy the football program, the point made was it is the biggest game in town and the AD tag on the HC position is a way to offer more money to a football coach, if not now down the road after he has proven himself (as they did Larry Neumann) or if the HC does not work out you would not have this tool to bring in the best possible applicant, because some just would not be interested in coaching football here if the AD was not included.  Brian is young and should he be picked for the AD, and the football program were to go south it probably would stay south for a long time. Anyway we will know soon enough

• Bigdog locked this topic