Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

12 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Sometimes the superintendent will use a hiring committee to recommend several names to interview

Its been a while seems to me when we hired Coach Faircloth the SB sent a reccomended list of 3 candidates to the Sup. I am thinking out load here. 

3 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

The Sup has the ball... period.  They can setup committes and ask for advice/reviews, but my understanding is this is the Supt. Show.

Nederland may be in trouble then. Many many of my Nederland family and friends do NOT like the Sup. They say the sup is anti sports....   

10 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Many would say if Barrow isn't hired Nederland might be in trouble

To all my Nederland friends and family best of luck I hope whatever the case ends up being I hope it is the best for our brothers and sisters across the tracks.  Good Luck

A couple of thoughts in this matter.  First, like my bud prepballfan, I have no vested interest in the outcome of this search other than being a fan of football in this area.  That being said, when it was time for my alma mater to move on from a long time successful coach, they chose a longtime assistant.  If I may say so, that transition has turned out pretty well.  There is something to be said in stability of a program and a seamless transition to a trusted assistant.  Now, I know Monte Barrow only by reputation, but everything I have heard, both in and outside of Nederland paints, him as a coach capable of continuing what Coach Neumann built.  So logic would dictate that Coach Barrow be given the opportunity to continue the program on its current track.

And it appears that several feel that way.  If you are one of them, you might want to take a little bit more interest that just posting your support here.  Call the board members and the superintendent A LOT, they know the score and even if it appears not, they are listening.  And this is the time to express your preference.

For when the decision is made, it is time for the campaigning for a coach to stop.  It is kind of disturbing to see the forecasts of gloom and doom should Coach Barrow not be the NISD's choice.  No coach, no matter how talented, will be successful if the community does not support him.  I have seen in before, when a community comes out of the chute going after a coach, it does not end well and the rebuild after such a disaster is more difficult and takes a lot more time than folks think....sometimes, it is never rebuilt. 

Sure, right now, throw your support behind Coach Barrow if he is your choice and go all in on that support.  But when the choice is made, go all in behind the guy that is chosen.

48 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

A couple of thoughts in this matter.  First, like my bud prepballfan, I have no vested interest in the outcome of this search other than being a fan of football in this area.  That being said, when it was time for my alma mater to move on from a long time successful coach, they chose a longtime assistant.  If I may say so, that transition has turned out pretty well.  There is something to be said in stability of a program and a seamless transition to a trusted assistant.  Now, I know Monte Barrow only by reputation, but everything I have heard, both in and outside of Nederland paints, him as a coach capable of continuing what Coach Neumann built.  So logic would dictate that Coach Barrow be given the opportunity to continue the program on its current track.

And it appears that several feel that way.  If you are one of them, you might want to take a little bit more interest that just posting your support here.  Call the board members and the superintendent A LOT, they know the score and even if it appears not, they are listening.  And this is the time to express your preference.

For when the decision is made, it is time for the campaigning for a coach to stop.  It is kind of disturbing to see the forecasts of gloom and doom should Coach Barrow not be the NISD's choice.  No coach, no matter how talented, will be successful if the community does not support him.  I have seen in before, when a community comes out of the chute going after a coach, it does not end well and the rebuild after such a disaster is more difficult and takes a lot more time than folks think....sometimes, it is never rebuilt. 

Sure, right now, throw your support behind Coach Barrow if he is your choice and go all in on that support.  But when the choice is made, go all in behind the guy that is chosen.

So well said WOSGRAD   TY

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Couldn't have said it any better. I think everyone can agree that Barrow and Simmons are both quality coaches and Nederland Bulldog Athletics are in good hands no matter who is chosen. 

• Bigdog locked this topic