Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

37 minutes ago, Reagan said:

So, new is good in some respects but old (Barrow) is good in others?  Remember, it took an "outsider" to bring Nederland back to some kind of respectability.  The board just needs to do the right thing.  No home cooking!

actually the last several hires have been outside hires. Neumann ofcourse was an outside hire but so was Bobby August, Steve Derouen, Ben Hurt, and Lloyd Wasserman. The last inside hire was Don Ross back in 1976

5 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

So was Derouen considered an outside hire because he wasnt at Nederland with Hurt??? Some are arguing he was a good ol boy hire and an outside hire... it gets confusing when people are all about boxes and not results

well if you want to call it a good ol boy hire you can. He graduated from Nederland. He was at A&M when he was hired at Nederland before that he was at TJ with Ronnie Thompson.

As I posted from the beginning.....

Well I guess I might be the BAD guy  here. LN was great for Nederland. He turned them from the laughing stock of the district into a contender for the DC yearly. I would think Nederland would be better off hiring Monte over an outsider. My reasons are this.. Nederland has been good at being a little above average. They are not making deep playoff runs on a regular basis. And we all know the facilities are not the best in the area, much less the state. That being said, I find it hard to believe they could get a better qualified, dedicated coach like Monte to replace LN. Big time coaches are looking for money, facilities, and athletes. Not bashing any Nederland coach or fan, because they have done better then everyone else in the district for years, and have been the only glimmer of hope many of years to go a few rounds. I just think as a whole, if I was looking for a place to coach.. I would first ask, why are bonds never passed in Nederland? Why do we have old facilities? And what does my feeder schools look like for athletes. And of course, how much money are you going to pay me!!! LN was a special coach that fit perfect in the city of Nederland. And IMO, you already have a guy on the staff that knows the city, fans, and families, that is dedicated, and has been mentored by LN for years... Good luck on whatever happens.... But as I have stated for years, you can never count out Nederland because of the LN factor.... It might be interesting now....

•  
  •  
  • And that pretty much sums up 19 pages of this...... 

5 hours ago, Stattrax said:

As I posted from the beginning.....

Well I guess I might be the BAD guy  here. LN was great for Nederland. He turned them from the laughing stock of the district into a contender for the DC yearly. I would think Nederland would be better off hiring Monte over an outsider. My reasons are this.. Nederland has been good at being a little above average. They are not making deep playoff runs on a regular basis. And we all know the facilities are not the best in the area, much less the state. That being said, I find it hard to believe they could get a better qualified, dedicated coach like Monte to replace LN. Big time coaches are looking for money, facilities, and athletes. Not bashing any Nederland coach or fan, because they have done better then everyone else in the district for years, and have been the only glimmer of hope many of years to go a few rounds. I just think as a whole, if I was looking for a place to coach.. I would first ask, why are bonds never passed in Nederland? Why do we have old facilities? And what does my feeder schools look like for athletes. And of course, how much money are you going to pay me!!! LN was a special coach that fit perfect in the city of Nederland. And IMO, you already have a guy on the staff that knows the city, fans, and families, that is dedicated, and has been mentored by LN for years... Good luck on whatever happens.... But as I have stated for years, you can never count out Nederland because of the LN factor.... It might be interesting now....

•  
  •  
  • And that pretty much sums up 19 pages of this...... 

Stat ...wel spoken. I believe you have hit the nail on the head. I have kept my mouth shut because I do not pay my taxes or have my children there. I have an opinion that I would have opened it up. They did. The best candidate turned out to be who is already there. We all know the character of Mante. He is a class act and you would find noone who loves Nederland more than him. No matter who applies. If somone else had applied that was just to good to pass on then I would have had to consoder. They did not. ALthough the one guy from Katy is very intruiging 

• Bigdog locked this topic