Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

19 minutes ago, kf89 said:

The longer N.I.S.D. waits the more the program & kids get set back.The best applicant for the job has been coaching football & several other sports at Nederland for 23 years & even filled in as AD a few times 

A school who so narrowly looks at a coaching situation is doing a massive diservice to the school. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR JUST DO's. You cannot just give it away. You never know who may apply. 

36 minutes ago, kf89 said:

The longer N.I.S.D. waits the more the program & kids get set back.The best applicant for the job has been coaching football & several other sports at Nederland for 23 years & even filled in as AD a few times 

I wonder if Coach Barrow applied for the job though. Well find out soon I imagine

My vote would be for Coach Barrow to get it, give him three years to get his Masters. Why try to fix what isn't broken!! Any other decision would be a setback to Nederland Athletics, not just football. Besides only the current coaching staff knows how to run the secret spring football game without getting busted!! Right BMTSoulja1? ha!!

35 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

My vote would be for Coach Barrow to get it, give him three years to get his Masters. Why try to fix what isn't broken!! Any other decision would be a setback to Nederland Athletics, not just football. Besides only the current coaching staff knows how to run the secret spring football game without getting busted!! Right BMTSoulja1? ha!!

...they won't hold secret spring practices anymore...  They'll probably hold official spring training now since the old man has retired....

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

A school who so narrowly looks at a coaching situation is doing a massive diservice to the school. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR JUST DO's. You cannot just give it away. You never know who may apply. 

Promoting Barrow is far from giving it away,if any candidate has earned it its him & it will be a greater massive disservice to the school? Still waiting for the reasons why anyone thinks Monte Barrow is not qualified or would not be a good leader of Nederland athletics other then bs reasons. 

As far as the FOI applications...just because the act is worded that an entity has 10 days to respond doesn't mean that have to give up all their info...they have ways around it.  I know for a fact that there was a FOI filed 3+ weeks before Lamar announced their new coach...LU never turned over a list of applicants...

I say give it to Monty (I wasn't sure about that at first) but who knows what kind of head coach he may be, who knew what kind of head coach Larry would be until we hired him, besides some outside coach may just use us as a stepping stone and move on, If Monty keeps the program going he wouldn't be going anywhere. jmo

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did you think the 2017 football season was one to give chest bumps and high fives about?

Nope.  But how many seasons like that  has Nederland had since Neumann was hired?   One bad season doesn't make a bad program.  Whoever is hired will inherit a good program, and Leday should be back this year.

• Bigdog locked this topic