Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

Larry Neumann was a great coach and motivator of young men and an even better person. I have always admired him and respected him. Nederland is my second favorite team. Even though I grew up in an era were you were supposed to hate Nederland I could not because of the other family members who played there. Nederland has lost a SETX icon. One of the top coaches in this area ever;. He took Nederland to new heights. Yes I know my Nederland history and heard about the Knights of the Neches and so on as my grandfather an astute Indian fan also went to Nederland playoff games and was there when they won state. Nederland will be hard pressed to find someone who could possibly fill his shoes. I see haters on here every year bash Nederland, yet even them agreed that Neumann would get the absolute most out of his kids. Below are a couple of memories I have of Neuman led teams. #1 Nedrland vs Friendswood. I believe this game was in Houston somewere possibly Rice or one of the nicer HS stadiums in Houston. Nederland pinned FW back deep on the kickoff and stuffed them on defense. Then Nedrland proceeded to beat a team they were massive underdogs to. Nederland vs Pearland I believe it was in about 2012. Another shocking Nederland win over if I remember right was the top team in the state. I remebetr watching Nederland beating future NFL QB one of the McCown brothers Luke, or Josh. Nederlands defense intercepted him 5 times in the area round of the playoffs. Seems like a Baycity game were Nederland had beaten them after losing to them before.....  Anyway thought Id share some of my memories of Neuman led teams.

19 hours ago, olddognewtricks said:

We played them in fall of 99 too. Barbay had to start because Sullivan was out. It was in the astrodome and we beat the younger McNown brother. The defense terrorized him for numerous turnovers. 

this is the game i am talking about it was a double header with png

On 1/14/2017 at 4:25 PM, bulldawg64 said:

They played for Jacksonville we beat them in 98 in Huntsville they dropped Hail Mary in end zone 97 we lost same venue on fumble on kickoff they scored twice in final 2 minutes to beat us

If I recall correctly, the 97 game was a double header with us (WOS). I believe we beat Brownsboro. I'm pretty sure we played first because we played during the day and remeber seeing your busses/players after we got out of our locker room and we telling y'all good luck and that we were behind our district mates.

48 minutes ago, kicker said:

If I recall correctly, the 97 game was a double header with us (WOS). I believe we beat Brownsboro. I'm pretty sure we played first because we played during the day and remeber seeing your busses/players after we got out of our locker room and we telling y'all good luck and that we were behind our district mates.

This is correct both games were at Sam Houston State West Orange-Stark was at 1pm Nederland played at 7pm

On 1/3/2017 at 6:23 PM, navydawg31 said:

Neumann, Delbert Spell Defensive coordination and David Crommett O line coach all put in for retirement from what I am hearing. 

Bryan spell is head coach of Baseball. He won't take the football head coach job his dream job was baseball head job. 

Interesting name to watch out a old defensive coach from early 2000s Ricky Matt he is the D.C. At San Antonio Judson and his son (Ross Matt) is Safeties Coach at Judson he was at WOS for a year or two coaching DBs. They have family and have lots of ties here. 

I think you can take Ricky Matt out of the running.

This is the hidden content, please

14 hours ago, olddognewtricks said:

Well guys month is drawing to a close in 13 days. Is Monte our new guy(well deserved), will it be someone that graduated from BIG NED coming home to coach, or someone new to the district. I have to admit the suspense is killing me

Nederland should be taking their time.  They don't need another August or Derouen.  As for the person you mentioned, people need to broaden their thinking.  As I've said before -- you may have to end there BUT you do not start there. 

40 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Nederland should be taking their time.  They don't need another August or Derouen.  As for the person you mentioned, people need to broaden their thinking.  As I've said before -- you may have to end there BUT you do not start there. 

Still waiting on any valid reasons u believe Coach Barrow is not a quality candidate for head football coach or is it just a personal dislike for him? 

15 minutes ago, kf89 said:

Still waiting on any valid reasons u believe Coach Barrow is not a quality candidate for head football coach or is it just a personal dislike for him? 

I think it's a personal dislike for him and many see him as Derouen 2.0 but he has been a coach at Nederland for 20 years you can't say he isn't qualified 

1 hour ago, kf89 said:

Nothing personal.  Is it something personal with you, like, maybe, some home cooking?  Also, you and others here do NOT know if he's qualified to be a head coach.  At  Nederland, no I'm not willing to take that chance.  Again -- nothing personal, just trying to get what's BEST for Nederland. 

16 hours ago, olddognewtricks said:

Well guys month is drawing to a close in 13 days. Is Monte our new guy(well deserved), will it be someone that graduated from BIG NED coming home to coach, or someone new to the district. I have to admit the suspense is killing me

Who ever it is, I just need them to not being able to get a win against Central...:)

13 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

And I still think the Nederland job will be an outside hire I just mentioned that as a coach for 20 years it makes him qualified to be coach

...to add, a coach in a WINNING system for 20 years...outside hires seem to make more sense when the outgoing coach is relieved of his duties for lack of success...clearly not the case here

55 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Nothing personal.  Is it something personal with you, like, maybe, some home cooking?  Also, you and others here do NOT know if he's qualified to be a head coach.  At  Nederland, no I'm not willing to take that chance.  Again -- nothing personal, just trying to get what's BEST for Nederland. 

Most of your comments are against Barrow & current staff & soundly for an outside coach & change. If its not personal why all the negativity towards the coaches that built a quaility program? Its about facts & results with me on Barrow & current staff which have been apart & helped build a solid program from day 1. Once again all u say is the home cooking bs which is weak as your belief that hes not qualified to be in charge of Nederland football. If its not personal why you so concerned to take a chance on Barrow,but all in on an outside new coach? If anyone wants whats best for nederland then anyone with any common sense & football knowledge knows Barrow & current staff are qualified & at the top of any list.      

3 minutes ago, kf89 said:

Most of your comments are against Barrow & current staff & soundly for an outside coach & change. If its not personal why all the negativity towards the coaches that built a quaility program? Its about facts & results with me on Barrow & current staff which have been apart & helped build a solid program from day 1. Once again all u say is the home cooking bs which is weak as your belief that hes not qualified to be in charge of Nederland football. If its not personal why you so concerned to take a chance on Barrow,but all in on an outside new coach? If anyone wants whats best for nederland then anyone with any common sense & football knowledge knows Barrow & current staff are qualified & at the top of any list.      

Perhaps Reagan doesn't like his coaching style?

• Bigdog locked this topic