Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like plenty of head coach job openings at quaility schools, with top facilities, solid tax bases & top salaries for coaches. Hard for many area schools even Nederland to compete & get the high profile big time coach some think the program needs.     

13 minutes ago, kf89 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like plenty of head coach job openings at quaility schools, with top facilities, solid tax bases & top salaries for coaches. Hard for many area schools even Nederland to compete & get the high profile big time coach some think the program needs.     

Yep, a lot of nice jobs on that list with more to come...

No one is going to be walking around a campus like Nederland without a job posted...If a guy is doing that he sure isn't coming to coach...Maybe to work a summer grass cutting job...Come On Man...I mean if it goes in house then ok, but nobody going to be walking around campus right now with an in house guy at the top of the list without a posting...

I'm ready to see all applicants resumes like most, even the fresh idea out side guys to find out who all stacks up well against the resumes i do know  might be applying. Anything else on Coach Beasley's resume to go along with freshman O-LINE,zone blocking & bull rush expertise? I'm sure Coach Bass is a good coach also but need more then the infamous "home cooking" card & 1 win over Neumann the last 7 years.   

KF89 I would agree with that statement...I just don't see the cream of the crop applying yet when no job description is posted (as to my understanding)...The "heavy hitters" so to speak would not apply till the ISD has something officially posted...People can talk all about this guy was seen or this guy is going to get it at Nederland...But we see where that went for the Superintendent job...Will a couple of the big names never really apply ...sure...just because they don't want their names posted on a list to hurt their current status...

3 minutes ago, InTheGates said:

KF89 I would agree with that statement...I just don't see the cream of the crop applying yet when no job description is posted (as to my understanding)...The "heavy hitters" so to speak would not apply till the ISD has something officially posted...People can talk all about this guy was seen or this guy is going to get it at Nederland...But we see where that went for the Superintendent job...Will a couple of the big names never really apply and "inquire"...sure...just because they don't want their names posted on a list to hurt their current status...

I agree & ik half this stuff posted by some is  bs who have no real clue about any teams program. Ik who most of the "big name" coaches are and hey maybe one wants the Nederland job & thats all good. I also know what Barrow's career is & what he brings to the program. For some to act like he had nothing much too do with nederlands success the last 23 years or he cant handle being a head coach is a joke. 

7 minutes ago, kf89 said:

I agree & ik half this stuff posted by some is  bs who have no real clue about any teams program. Ik who most of the "big name" coaches are and hey maybe one wants the Nederland job & thats all good. I also know what Barrow's career is & what he brings to the program. For some to act like he had nothing much too do with nederlands success the last 23 years or he cant handle being a head coach is a joke. 

Nederland Administration....If they wanted to move swiftly on this could have already done so...Also..."If" they see it fit to require a "Masters" but do want Barrow as the Head Football Coach, then don't waste time...Do it...And allow any in house available Masters Degree Coaches (Spell/English) to come to the table if they want...We are not applying for the University of Alabama job...Lets sit down, decide the requirements and move on...Get to moving all programs forward and have New AD try and update some facilities at the same time...

2 hours ago, kf89 said:

I'm ready to see all applicants resumes like most, even the fresh idea out side guys to find out who all stacks up well against the resumes i do know  might be applying. Anything else on Coach Beasley's resume to go along with freshman O-LINE,zone blocking & bull rush expertise? I'm sure Coach Bass is a good coach also but need more then the infamous "home cooking" card & 1 win over Neumann the last 7 years.   

So where did you get this info? Because it definitely was not some place or someone who knew what they were talking about. This is the problem with people putting out there that a coach is a frontrunner or interested in another job. These coaches have a job they are at right now and to have their name attached to another place can cause friction in that coaches job place.

With that said, I know for 100%, put my career on the line and this site will never see me again if I am wrong that Coach Bass is not even going to apply for the Nederland job. So before you throw someone's name out there like that please know what you are talking about.

17 hours ago, InTheGates said:

No one is going to be walking around a campus like Nederland without a job posted...If a guy is doing that he sure isn't coming to coach...Maybe to work a summer grass cutting job...Come On Man...I mean if it goes in house then ok, but nobody going to be walking around campus right now with an in house guy at the top of the list without a posting...

I'm sure coaches know that the position is about to come open..

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It's a little curious that Flanigan spoke to the press about resigning and still nothing from Neumann.  I guess it's really not necessary that Neumann speaks but curious none the less.

just another reason to make this all look fishy. 

53 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It's a little curious that Flanigan spoke to the press about resigning and still nothing from Neumann.  I guess it's really not necessary that Neumann speaks but curious none the less.

Neumann is on vacation. That's why he hasn't said anything.

• Bigdog locked this topic