Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

Neumann built a program, he didn't win in a season or two, he built a culture of winning and formula in the offseason with minute details that made it happen.  Barrow led the implementation of the program and knows the formula.  He was also a 3 sport guy in high school and led the girls softball team to the state tournament so I know he has an appreciation for all sports, not just football.  He has shown the ability to adapt the offense to Nederland's personnel, shifting in and out of different forms of the spread and even spending time under center when the personnel dictated.  What he did with Nederland's offense last year with the revolving door of young injured QB's says about all I need to know.  There you go, thoughts on why he will be successful as an AD and head football coach. 

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Yeah, and then they went out of the area and got Bobby August.  So whats your point again?

They went outside and got Neumann.  And your point?  Like I've stated before -- you look outward FIRST and then you may have to end up looking inward.  Anyone here that believes in home cooking, one can't honestly say that with all the coaches available in the state of Texas, Barrow is the pick of the lot.  Can't be said with a straight face!  I just hope the Superintendent and school board has better judgement and look at everyone available around the state. 

19 minutes ago, Reagan said:

They went outside and got Neumann.  And your point?  Like I've stated before -- you look outward FIRST and then you may have to end up looking inward.  Anyone here that believes in home cooking, one can't honestly say that with all the coaches available in the state of Texas, Barrow is the pick of the lot.  Can't be said with a straight face!  I just hope the Superintendent and school board has better judgement and look at everyone available around the state. 

The best coaches in the state are not knocking on Nederlands door for that job. As previously addressed, Nederland has some less than attractive features. The pick of the lot are going to Barbers Hill, for example.

Brubaker presents a very logical argument to stay in house and keep Barrow...I wont re-state it but suffice it to say that I agree with his points about Monte...all we get from Reagan is the "home cooking is no good" argument with no actual facts to bear that out...you can hit or miss with a home grown guy or an out of town guy...it depends on THAT guy and his staff...for me, Barrow and this group of coaches have more than proven themselves to know the formula for success...if the answer is already here, why do you need to go looking all over the place?  I believe that it is better for the KIDS to keep as close to the current situation as possible in place...isn't that ultimately what this is about?

One last point, during many a season, you hear other coaches and opponents of Nederland talk about how well coached and well prepared Nederland always is...who do you think does that?  Neumann played a key role in that, yes, but he certainly could not do that alone...breaking this staff up would make many Nederland opponents very happy people, I assure you, and take away one of the biggest advantages that Nederland has experienced over the years...you can't tell me that Nederland was the most talented team in this district for 5 consecutive years during the DC run.

My opinion, don't overthink this...the answer is already here

54 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The best coaches in the state are not knocking on Nederlands door for that job. As previously addressed, Nederland has some less than attractive features. The pick of the lot are going to Barbers Hill, for example.

How do you know who is and who isn't knocking on Nederland's door?  You have inside info?

14 minutes ago, Razor said:

Brubaker presents a very logical argument to stay in house and keep Barrow...I wont re-state it but suffice it to say that I agree with his points about Monte...all we get from Reagan is the "home cooking is no good" argument with no actual facts to bear that out...you can hit or miss with a home grown guy or an out of town guy...it depends on THAT guy and his staff...for me, Barrow and this group of coaches have more than proven themselves to know the formula for success...if the answer is already here, why do you need to go looking all over the place?  I believe that it is better for the KIDS to keep as close to the current situation as possible in place...isn't that ultimately what this is about?

One last point, during many a season, you hear other coaches and opponents of Nederland talk about how well coached and well prepared Nederland always is...who do you think does that?  Neumann played a key role in that, yes, but he certainly could not do that alone...breaking this staff up would make many Nederland opponents very happy people, I assure you, and take away one of the biggest advantages that Nederland has experienced over the years...you can't tell me that Nederland was the most talented team in this district for 5 consecutive years during the DC run.

My opinion, don't overthink this...the answer is already here

Because of Neumann.

23 minutes ago, Reagan said:

How do you know who is and who isn't knocking on Nederland's door?  You have inside info?

My opinion is not fact. It is based off observation. It could be right and it could be wrong. 

I'll use Barbers Hill again, because they were able to go out and get a top of the line coach

Would you rather coach at a school with top of the line facilities, get paid 30k more bucks a year, and be in a district where the residents have no problem passing bonds to further the betterment of the program?

or 

Take 30k less, play at a mediocre field with below average facilities, and be in a community that time and time again doesn't help the program renovate?

I'm not from Nederland, but can tell you that program is filled with very good coaches. If you can get a guy like the Hill got from Allen, that would be a no brainer. I doubt very seriously that guy ever considered Nederland though.

I just want to make a point here. Nederland didn't even give the superintendent job to their home grown boys already working inside administration for years. They went outside to make the hire for superintendent. Maybe the school board sees something we all don't. I agree Monte has been head coach in waiting for years IMO and deserves it. If he was going to get it I feel like he would have already been named and the search for assistant coaches would have started. Also this so called coaching search has been pretty much under lock and key. Maybe I haven't been looking intbe right places but no names have been released about who's applied yet. Seems strange to me. I mean off season is critical to implement your values, offense, defense, among numerous of other things as a head coach. I feel like Big Ned is falling behind really quick if they aren't going with Monte. 

7 minutes ago, olddognewtricks said:

I just want to make a point here. Nederland didn't even give the superintendent job to their home grown boys already working inside administration for years. They went outside to make the hire for superintendent. Maybe the school board sees something we all don't. I agree Monte has been head coach in waiting for years IMO and deserves it. If he was going to get it I feel like he would have already been named and the search for assistant coaches would have started. Also this so called coaching search has been pretty much under lock and key. Maybe I haven't been looking intbe right places but no names have been released about who's applied yet. Seems strange to me. I mean off season is critical to implement your values, offense, defense, among numerous of other things as a head coach. I feel like Big Ned is falling behind really quick if they aren't going with Monte. 

The job hasnt been posted yet........ 

It will be interesting to see what happens here. I think Monte would do a fine job. I'd also like to see what kinda names the job posting generates as well. The masters degree AD as a requirement or non-requirement also complicates the situation. The one thing that I feel I know for sure though is that one poster on here sure sounds like Smitty, but maybe a changed screen name!

Reagan as I stated earlier, when you have a program that has been successful like Nederland has under Larry, you should stay in house. You probably shouldn't stay in house when a head coach/staff does in the August Era. That is how schools with tradition continue there tradition. Just saying be careful what you wish for cuz you may get it. JMO! 

8 hours ago, setxguru said:

Reagan as I stated earlier, when you have a program that has been successful like Nederland has under Larry, you should stay in house. You probably shouldn't stay in house when a head coach/staff does in the August Era. That is how schools with tradition continue there tradition. Just saying be careful what you wish for cuz you may get it. JMO! 

As I've opined, there's a difference between owing the whole enchilada and owing just a small piece of it.  You are right, we need to be careful.  We need to be SMART!  Also, again, you are right about August.  With all the available coaches at the time Nederland could have done a better job at picking.  I blame those that thought he would bring you to the promise land.  Let's be smart and don't make the same mistake!

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

My opinion is not fact. It is based off observation. It could be right and it could be wrong. 

I'll use Barbers Hill again, because they were able to go out and get a top of the line coach

Would you rather coach at a school with top of the line facilities, get paid 30k more bucks a year, and be in a district where the residents have no problem passing bonds to further the betterment of the program?

or 

Take 30k less, play at a mediocre field with below average facilities, and be in a community that time and time again doesn't help the program renovate?

I'm not from Nederland, but can tell you that program is filled with very good coaches. If you can get a guy like the Hill got from Allen, that would be a no brainer. I doubt very seriously that guy ever considered Nederland though.

Well dang!

19 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

or 

Again, mere speculation. Unless you have facts to support it.

• Bigdog locked this topic