Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

8 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

Ok. A masters is not required for the athletic director job according to the state or uil.  The local district makes that decision. Most will put masters preferred.

Correct... completely up to the school district

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

They will come close to what Faircloth makes which is almost $10k more than the BISD coaches.  

Bisd has great athletes, but they don't know which school they will go to.  At Nederland a coach can start his program in middle school.  BISD doesn't have that luxury.  Plus you factor in what happened at the end of the year, I could see him wanting to get out of Beaumont.  

I could see him wanting to leave as well, but he worked hard to get up to 6a.  I don't think he'll move down.  He'll stay 6a, imo...  

But the points you make of Nederland is true...  And also the athletes in Beaumont...  You don't know where they'll pop up..  but in Beaumont, the chances are that WB will get them since WB is really the football school.  So he'll get first dibs, if anything...

Neumann, Delbert Spell Defensive coordination and David Crommett O line coach all put in for retirement from what I am hearing. 

Bryan spell is head coach of Baseball. He won't take the football head coach job his dream job was baseball head job. 

Interesting name to watch out a old defensive coach from early 2000s Ricky Matt he is the D.C. At San Antonio Judson and his son (Ross Matt) is Safeties Coach at Judson he was at WOS for a year or two coaching DBs. They have family and have lots of ties here. 

Well for starters Congrats Coach Neuman on your career it was one of the better ones in our area. Secondly this is kind of odd. I have been out of the loop just happen to look at KFDM yesterday to find out about this. I have family in Nederland and they said at the end of last season he was talking about his next two years teams and he was thinking they had a chance to be a god group of kids. Good luck Coach  I hope your retirement is as enjoyable as you want it to be.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So much for sitting on this news. A few of us were informed but asked to keep quiet.

Why would you keep it quiet when the news already has it out for everyone. I have to say he had a hell of a run, Hats off to him and his successful program. He surely had our number for sure as well as the districts!

38 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Why would you keep it quiet when the news already has it out for everyone. I have to say he had a hell of a run, Hats off to him and his successful program. He surely had our number for sure as well as the districts!

I was privately told this a week ago. Asked not to say anything till he personally made the announcement and got to speak with players. Was told it would happen today, not yesterday.

There are also some family issues that I won't discuss that I'm sure factored into this as well.  Someone earlier mentioned that Coach Crommett put in his retirement as well...he is in the same boat in this from what I've been told.  As far a Coach Delbert Spell, I had been told that he was set to retire last year but wanted one more year with Brian...so I'm not surprised a bit by them.

5 minutes ago, KABrother said:

There are also some family issues that I won't discuss that I'm sure factored into this as well.  Someone earlier mentioned that Coach Crommett put in his retirement as well...he is in the same boat in this from what I've been told.  As far a Coach Delbert Spell, I had been told that he was set to retire last year but wanted one more year with Brian...so I'm not surprised a bit by them.

I have heard the same

Well I guess I might be the BAD guy  here. LN was great for Nederland. He turned them from the laughing stock of the district into a contender for the DC yearly. I would think Nederland would be better off hiring Monte over an outsider. My reasons are this.. Nederland has been good at being a little above average. They are not making deep playoff runs on a regular basis. And we all know the facilities are not the best in the area, much less the state. That being said, I find it hard to believe they could get a better qualified, dedicated coach like Monte to replace LN. Big time coaches are looking for money, facilities, and athletes. Not bashing any Nederland coach or fan, because they have done better then everyone else in the district for years, and have been the only glimmer of hope many of years to go a few rounds. I just think as a whole, if I was looking for a place to coach.. I would first ask, why are bonds never passed in Nederland? Why do we have old facilities? And what does my feeder schools look like for athletes. And of course, how much money are you going to pay me!!! LN was a special coach that fit perfect in the city of Nederland. And IMO, you already have a guy on the staff that knows the city, fans, and families, that is dedicated, and has been mentored by LN for years... Good luck on whatever happens.... But as I have stated for years, you can never count out Nederland because of the LN factor.... It might be interesting now....

Whoever NISD picks, will be under a lot of pressure.  Expectations will be high, and with PAM in the District, and PNG looking great, and Vidor & Central with a lot of potential, it'll be next to impossible to replicate the string of DC Coach Neumann was able to attain.  On the plus side, TONS of Tradition.  

18 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Neumann, Delbert Spell Defensive coordination and David Crommett O line coach all put in for retirement from what I am hearing. 

Bryan spell is head coach of Baseball. He won't take the football head coach job his dream job was baseball head job. 

Interesting name to watch out a old defensive coach from early 2000s Ricky Matt he is the D.C. At San Antonio Judson and his son (Ross Matt) is Safeties Coach at Judson he was at WOS for a year or two coaching DBs. They have family and have lots of ties here. 

LN leaving in the middle of the year and others retiring all of a sudden it starts to make you wonder if something is going on. 

This is the hidden content, please

• Bigdog locked this topic