Silsbee vs North Forest Monday 6pm Huntsville

BADSANTA

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

North Forest beat Central by 5 this year...  Silsbee beat Central by 3....  Think about that AND the fact that North Forest beat Yates as well.  That's why I think it'll be close...

They beat Yates by 19, then turned around and lost the second time by 11.  Interesting.  They've got one kid who is averaging over 29 pts and 11 rbds a game.  They've won 17 of their last 19 and the two loses in that period were to Bellaire and Yates.  

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

North Forest beat Central by 5 this year...  Silsbee beat Central by 3....  Think about that AND the fact that North Forest beat Yates as well.  That's why I think it'll be close...

and PA Memorial beat NF by 14 while Central lost a game to Memorial and beat Memorial.

Another common opponent for NF and Silsbee: Cleveland

NF beat Cleveland 67-42

Silsbee beat Cleveland 97-52

With that said, I believe Silsbee wins by 13+

20 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think you will be surprised how close Huffman will make this game

I'll be pretty surprised if they can keep it under 20.  I know common opponents don't mean much, but two weeks ago Tarkington lost by 2 to Huffman @ Huffman, and then last week lost to Yates by 59 on a neutral court.  I think Yates and North Forest have inflated records and rankings due to a garbage district, but Huffman has benefitted from a similar situation.   

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Tigers win 96-77

I'm gonna change my prediction after a little schedule research.  I'm gonna say tigers win 96-67.  North Forest has benefitted from a super soft district schedule, minus Yates, who's getting a lot of credit for a record that also benefitted from the same district schedule. of NF's 18 wins, 12 have come against teams with losing records, including an overtime win against 6-20 Wheatley (took awhile to do all this on MP, so I might be a game off one way or the other, but the numbers are either accurate or close enough).  Their 6 wins against teams with winning records have two pretty nice wins, Beaumont Central, who weren't what they've been the last several years, and Houston Yates, who again benefitted from the same soft schedule.  North Forest played a pretty tough pre-district schedule, but their record is 6-9 against teams with a winning record, and they also had losses to 10-20 Alief Hastings and 14-18 Pasadena Memorial.  They got a pretty easy draw the first couple of games in the playoffs, and looked pretty impressive, but I see them being overwhelmed tonight. 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I'm gonna change my prediction after a little schedule research.  I'm gonna say tigers win 96-67.  North Forest has benefitted from a super soft district schedule, minus Yates, who's getting a lot of credit for a record that also benefitted from the same district schedule. of NF's 18 wins, 12 have come against teams with losing records, including an overtime win against 6-20 Wheatley (took awhile to do all this on MP, so I might be a game off one way or the other, but the numbers are either accurate or close enough).  Their 6 wins against teams with winning records have two pretty nice wins, Beaumont Central, who weren't what they've been the last several years, and Houston Yates, who again benefitted from the same soft schedule.  North Forest played a pretty tough pre-district schedule, but their record is 6-9 against teams with a winning record, and they also had losses to 10-20 Alief Hastings and 14-18 Pasadena Memorial.  They got a pretty easy draw the first couple of games in the playoffs, and looked pretty impressive, but I see them being overwhelmed tonight. 

Well, I was right, but it was even worse than I thought!