Kountze vs Newton Area round

aTmfan06

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I guess because no one wanted to talk about the matchup. Who is Newtons best player?

Well guard Tamauzia Brown is averaging 21 a game, Josh Foster is averaging 19 a game, they have a freshman James Sylvester who is an animal in the paint. Newton has size, speed, and have a bunch of good shooters on the team 

17 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Well guard Tamauzia Brown is averaging 21 a game, Josh Foster is averaging 19 a game, they have a freshman James Sylvester who is an animal in the paint. Newton has size, speed, and have a bunch of good shooters on the team 

After talking to a friend the other night, they believe Newton is underrated and think they could make regionals.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, Gregg Popovich said:

Watch out for Newton, they can sneak up and bite you. I don't know anything about them this year, but 2 years ago they eliminated a really good Buna team in the 2nd round in a game they really should not have won. Buna was the better team in just about every category other than athleticism, but Newton got HOT from the 3 pt. line and Buna failed to adjust properly on defense. Newton ended up winning in OT. They were very athletic and played decent team defense, but they really didn't do anything special on offense other than have the best 3 pt. shooting performance I have ever seen in my life, at any level, and I'm not exaggerating. It felt like they literally shot over 75% from the 3 line. I think they hit over 15 3's if I remember correctly..... Which was even more unbelievable because they were one of the worst shooting teams in warmups that I had seen that year........ Anyway, that is old news but it's all I know about Newton lol. 

Man, I kept thinking about this post as I was watching Newton make their 4th quarter run last night. It was almost like they couldn't miss. 

1 hour ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Man, I kept thinking about this post as I was watching Newton make their 4th quarter run last night. It was almost like they couldn't miss. 

lol I told ya. It was the most unbelievable thing I had ever seen. I have never seen a team shoot that well at any level, high school, college, or pros. And it was crazy cause I literally don't think they hit a single 3 in warm ups. Game time shooters I guess lol