San Augustine 67 Neches 63/FINAL

WOSgrad

53 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

SA wins 67-63 per hoop insider

That may be right, but if it is, it's probably the biggest upset in the state, If the scores on their sch is right.  All things being equal.  I suppose there are a lot of possible scenarios- players quit, failed, sit down for disciplinary reasons - even a couple of stars could've got hurt in practice.  You never know.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

That may be right, but if it is, it's probably the biggest upset in the state, If the scores on their sch is right.  All things being equal.  I suppose there are a lot of possible scenarios- players quit, failed, sit down for disciplinary reasons - even a couple of stars could've got hurt in practice.  You never know.

Isn't that big of an upset

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Isn't that big of an upset

Neches is ranked #11 in the state in the TABC Poll, with a record of 27-2, while San Augustine has a 7-9 record (leaving out the last 5 district games which have no score posted in Maxpreps).  One game with Tenaha that is posted, SA lost 90-28, prior to Dist.  Neches beat Tenaha 72-69 in their one meeting.  That's the only common opponent I could find, but those two scores, overall record, and ranking, indicates a huge upset.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to death SA won.  I just give them no chance, but hey, I'm a novice in 2A boys basketball.  And a Big congrats to the Wolves.

9 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

He's been playing a couple of weeks.  He sat out for a good while!

Watch out for #00 for Deweyville. Double or triple him if y'all can, because if he gets a clean look 3 out of 4 times its going in for three.  Shot the lights out on us in the second half with 28 pts.(40 of their 83 total in the game). They all can stroke the three, that's mainly where they got us. Didn't see much of an interior presence, but that may have just been their gameplan against us. Good luck to y'all, Wolfman!!!