Woodville vs Trinity

12 hours ago, longball24 said:

I notice this is not a typical Woodville Schedule, This is the weakest schedule Woodville has ever played, Silsbee and the Alum game are the toughest on schedule. What is up*

I agree that it's not what we're used to, but it's hard to have a weak schedule in a tough district lol the Harmony tourney is always a good one, then Silsbee is gonna be tough, Hemphill will be decent as well. CH, Pollock Central, and Garrison will be above average on district. Evadale will be salty too towards the end. I get your point though. 

8 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I hear they may use a pitching machine for the alum game. If so turnout may not meet expectations all these guys want to throw and show the youngsters they still have it. The pre district schedule is a disappointment 

Psshh let them see that 95+ from Chad Beck lol it'll be good for them.

I agree they need it before district starts kid from central heights will approach 95 himself not sure the harmony tournament will help much no one in that tournament is a baseball power. I even see where harmony will go to Tyler and play in a 5 and 6a tournament there .  That is where you get better not by playing teams that you run rule

14 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I agree they need it before district starts kid from central heights will approach 95 himself not sure the harmony tournament will help much no one in that tournament is a baseball power. I even see where harmony will go to Tyler and play in a 5 and 6a tournament there .  That is where you get better not by playing teams that you run rule

Yeah, that Rodriguez kid is the real deal. I watched him pitch in Woodville last year. 

The Harmony Tournament is pretty good.  On Woodville's side, Anna will be pretty salty.  It will probably be Harmony and Woodville to see who wins the tournament.  As far as History goes, Harmony's baseball history is just as good as Woodville's.  We have had several State Tourney appearances and 1 State Title.  We are pretty good again this year, with several quality arms.  As far as seeing 90+, those high school arms are far and few between.  It is hard to get prepared to see 90+ unless you can see it on a regular basis.

Yes this district is tough there are always kids that are 90 and above. I have seen as many 5 kids throwing this hard on 4 different teams. I figured harmony was pretty good this year when I seen them playing in the Tyler tournament. You can always tell what kind of team a coach has when you see his schedule. Good team good schedule bad team bad schedule.

This Woodville team isn't a bad team at all, regardless as to how you feel about their schedule. I do agree, though, that this is a pretty tough district. CH, Garrison, Woodville, Pollock Central, and Hemphill should all be pretty salty as usual. Word on the streets is that Newton has improved alot as well lol