3A region 3

aTmfan06

2 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Does anyone know anything about Jarrell? 

Fundamental team on the outskirts of Austin. Picture this year's Buna team with two additional athletes. I always wonder how they keep getting back to Region 3 though. They're really a Region 4 team and if they were in their correct region they would be a lock for the State Tournament. 

19 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Fundamental team on the outskirts of Austin. Picture this year's Buna team with two additional athletes. I always wonder how they keep getting back to Region 3 though. They're really a Region 4 team and if they were in their correct region they would be a lock for the State Tournament. 

If that is the case then it should be a good game between Jarrell and La Marque. I felt like Buna had the right style to beat La Marque, they were just out-manned. I still pick the winner of this game to end up winning the whole region. 

12 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

What's crazy is I talk to a guy that watched Buna game. He is a neutral fan and feels that Kountze will beat La Marque for some reason assuming we get past Teague .

I wouldn't put money on it, but when it gets to this point in the season and Kountze is still standing I wouldn't put money against them either. Honestly anybody can win on any given night this late in the season. Unless you are in 4A, then you might as well just forfeit to Silsbee LOL.  

After watching La Marque play Buna last night, I have a hard time seeing La Marque get out of the region with only playing 6 or 7 players. With how fast the tempo is with teams in this region, they will run into someone who has the same size as them and can run with them to get them fatigued. They have a very good team, but only playing 6 or 7 kids this late in the year will eventually come back to hurt you once you get in some foul trouble. They have quite a few kids on that bench that look like they should at least be getting 4 or 5 minutes a game at least to give the starters some kind of a break to stay fresh.

4 minutes ago, CoachH said:

After watching La Marque play Buna last night, I have a hard time seeing La Marque get out of the region with only playing 6 or 7 players. With how fast the tempo is with teams in this region, they will run into someone who has the same size as them and can run with them to get them fatigued. They have a very good team, but only playing 6 or 7 kids this late in the year will eventually come back to hurt you once you get in some foul trouble. They have quite a few kids on that bench that look like they should at least be getting 4 or 5 minutes a game at least to give the starters some kind of a break to stay fresh.

No one in this region can do both. 

I understand if you only have 7 kids who can play at that level but La Marque has more than just 6 or 7 kids who could provide valuable minutes at the 3A level. If any of their kids get in foul trouble in the regional or state tournament, it will be tough for those kids to come off the bench after not playing very much throughout the season.