Larry Haynes scared to play Hardin-Jefferson

bjimbo

On 2/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, WOSgrad said:

I can't blame Coach Haynes for wanting to get out of this game as you are correct, this game is a complete mismatch. 

However, at the same time, I can't blame Coach Sloan and the folks at H-J for being po'd at now having to scramble to find a 10th game (if this game is actually off).  Scheduling those games are hard enough to do as it is.  West Orange-Stark had to get a charter school for its 10th game.  Silsbee had to get an opponent that is still not officially a varsity team. Jasper had to schedule not 1 but 2, Louisiana charter schools to get a 10 game schedule.  Bridge City, after being jilted in almost a similar manner as this, was not even able to find a 10th game.  For all you and I know, this might have been Coach Sloan's only option for a 10th game.

And let's remember, when this game was agreed to in February of last year, H-J was coming off a 2-8 season, a far cry from the teams in 2013 and 2014 that each went 3 rounds in the 4A, DII playoffs.  That made it look far from the mismatch that it appears to be now.

I agree that an HJ/BC game would be interesting on many different levels.

Bridge City is playing at Jasper Sept. 29

Jasper.pdf