Jasper is open, then it isn't, then it is again, then it isn't again (for now)

dillonpanthers

Yeah. It's been that way ever since Barbay got there. He's the kind of guy that didn't see Jasper as a stepping-stone job and he would have been there a while. I can't cite a source, but I'm hearing that they want to split the AD and head coaching duties. It's disheartening to have to go through this again...

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

David Thompson of the Enterprise tweeted that a School Board member informed him that no one has been fired and Barbay has meetings with the Superintendent and School Board on Monday.

I hope they find a way to fix this. Barbay might be the best fit for Jasper since Coach Walkoviak was there....

15 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I just heard about this and JISD is making a huge mistake...

I heard that they waited until registering to be on school board election time was up. I hope there is alot of write opposition in the election. Send a message. If I am not mistaken, Jasper has had a new superintendent three or four years in a row. Something isn't right in J-town.JMO

On 2/18/2017 at 2:16 PM, jimmyw said:

I heard that they waited until registering to be on school board election time was up. I hope there is alot of write opposition in the election. Send a message. If I am not mistaken, Jasper has had a new superintendent three or four years in a row. Something isn't right in J-town.JMO

That's not true. Skuza was there for several years. 

59 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

He will have zero problems finding a job.

No doubt, with his coaching record (118-72, 41-32 at Hull-Daisetta, 34-21 at Anahuac, 43-19 at Jasper) he will rise to the top of a number of coaching searches.

The question is will he have to?  I might be reading this completely wrong, but Coach Barbay currently looks to be the middle flag on a tug of war rope with Jasper ISD administration pulling on one end and the Jasper ISD Board of Trustees pulling on the other, leaving him in what could best be viewed as limbo. 

Whatever direction the district goes in, they need to come out definitively one way or the other and soon.  To do anything else would be patently unfair to Barbay as well as being disastrous for the athletic program, particularly the football part of it.

38 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, according to a tweet by Thompson, the Jasper ISD super says that Coach Barbay is still employed with the school district.

Well, he would be even if reassigned.  Hence the work: REassigned.  But that's the point.  I doubt he's ok with not doing the job he was hired to do.  I hope he resigns last minute, takes all his coaches with him, and puts them in a bind. 

That last bit information on the article is interesting, leaves the door open on could be getting fired or nothing happening at all. The whole "At this time our plan is to evaluate everything," is very interesting... could be trying to budget cut or new supertindent could be trying to bring in their regime of people... but interesting to see where Jasper Athletics stands come Friday.