Beaumont ISD hires Eric Peevey as West Brook HC

AggiesAreWe

I agree with what you said about the list of applicants and who do you pick. Nelson could have been a good pick just as peevey could have been but what connection does he have with the program now and the kids now. If the season turned and they went 2-8 I would totally understand changing the entire regime. I am not bashing anyone or anyone's deductions or reasons just being the devils advocate to see why some people didn't like the choice. 

Now the OC you are wrong about, he was a head coach for multiple years out of state before coming here. Flanigan was extremely hands off during the season and they did very well his year. So that reasoning you have is invalid for him 

what makes Nelson the hire that would be best for Westbrook just curious, I don't know the man well but I know he had success but does that always translate from one school to another  

again just another outsider looking wondering why some people are ecstatic peevey got the job and some are very upset  

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

I hope I'm a 100% wrong about Peevey! And, I'll be the first to say so. I just don't see it.

What would have to happen for you to admit to being wrong about this hire?  You've already said if he wins next year it's only because he has a lot of athletes coming back. And are Wins and Losses the only things being considered in determining his success?

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Who was that in reference to?

17 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Curious to know too.

neither of you. 

Fans are fans....their looking at the out side.  All they see are scores/production.  

Im going to keep this very simple.  Peevey is an offensive guy who got promoted to DC,  the linebacker coach for this past year was Haynes who is a qb coach(offensive) and had 1 foot out the door.  oh and lets see....most of the athletes were on the offensive side of the ball this past year.

Can you tell me how many defensive players are playing at the next level from this 2016 team....1 if i am right...Deonte Henson.

Peevey hasn't even coached a game yet as HC.  Same treatment TRUMP got b4 he took office.

im done

57 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

neither of you. 

Fans are fans....their looking at the out side.  All they see are scores/production.  

Im going to keep this very simple.  Peevey is an offensive guy who got promoted to DC,  the linebacker coach for this past year was Haynes who is a qb coach(offensive) and had 1 foot out the door.  oh and lets see....most of the athletes were on the offensive side of the ball this past year.

Can you tell me how many defensive players are playing at the next level from this 2016 team....1 if i am right...Deonte Henson.

Peevey hasn't even coached a game yet as HC.  Same treatment TRUMP got b4 he took office.

im done

I could really burst your little bubble with that last comment, but I'm not in the mood to talk politics.

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

neither of you. 

im done

Good and understandable post until the last part...

On 3/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

neither of you. 

im done

A lot of underclassmen started on offense and defense. That's why there were so few players total signing to play at the next level this year. Peevey was the acting head coach of the Bruins that came out flat against Westfield and layed an egg. I agree with you, some poster have no clue as to what the hell they are talking about. Smdh...

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Jag Insider said:

Stepping stone?  Maybe that's why they should have given it to the guy who actually went to school there, is from Beaumont and would probably be there long term if successful...

Langston is not a High School coach, he wants to be at college level. Only reason he applied was to maybe

have a job since he got walking papers at Lamar. He already at north texas.

Actually, In Peevey's defense they only had 3 returning starters on defense, and loss one of them. They had at least 7 first year varsity guys starting.  Last year's class was super deep at every position.  That team had about 40+ Seniors.  Were talking about a defense that graduated 5 guys who went to the next level last year, including 3 who went D1 or D1AA.  Of those 3 returning starters, 2 are going to the next level, 1 who played injured all year before he was kicked off the team, and still has a chance to go to the next level, and there were 3 other senior starters, who were on JV last year, who stepped up big this year, and are also going to play at the next level, including 1 player who signed a D1AA Scholarship after only one year of Varsity film.  They were very young this year, especially in the middle, including a sophomore noseguard, who was having to replace a 3 yr starter in Bluiett.  It never got any press but a starting linebacker was kicked off the team about week 5, and they shuffled at least 3 guys in and out trying to replace him, and when they finally found a guy, he got hurt.  Then they ended up moving a guy who has never played the position in his life to MLB, and there were a lot of struggles and bust plays from the younger guys all year, and also from some of the older guys who were getting their first varsity action in HS. Also Ochoa got injured for a stretch of games, and he is the QB of the defense, and makes all the reads, and get the calls in.  When he was down, the bust plays nearly tripled.  It got so bad, that they had to rush him back, when he clearly wasn't 100%.   Peevey's defense last year was the strength of the team.  They played outstanding, and had some players who were very hard to replace.  With that said, I think he will be fine, but I do think he needs to hire some very good, experience coordinators, because with Haynes and Flannigan gone, that was most of the experienced on the staff. 

• 2 years later...