Beaumont ISD hires Eric Peevey as West Brook HC

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I mean, seriously? West Brook has one of the worst defenses it's ever had, last year, and this is the guy they hire???? The defensive coordinator, who's defense couldn't stop my lawn mower? Really? BISD is a complete joke.

How you do as a coordinator doesn't always translate to the same as a head coach.

I can see that but why? Just curious what would an outside hire bring, that the D.C. Couldnt? They had one year where the defense struggled but the year before the defense was great so you can't blame that.

i guess I am just trying to find the logic in wanting an outside hire. Not saying either is right or wrong just curious. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know about 10 WB fans personally. Maybe more.  

But me, personally, I think the inside hire would be great, wig everyone returning, those kids will have familiarity with Peevey.  

So 10 or so fans should rep the 10,000 or more? Ok.

I imagine there are several "10 or so" fans that each group had a certain coach in mind to hire.

I think it's a good hire considering.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So 10 or so fans should rep the 10,000 or more? Ok.

I imagine there are several "10 or so" fans that each group had a certain coach in mind to hire.

I think it's a good hire considering.

I thought it would be common sense that one person wouldn't know the full West Brook Fan base...  But hey, whatever.  

Point being that I value those 10 or more fans, fans that I've known for a long time, not fair weather fans.  The ones that's been around during the Rhabb years. And I'm just conveying their thoughts.  Personally, with the momentum the young guns had last year, it would be good to have familiarity on their side.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, 82 5A State Champs said:

I mean, seriously? West Brook has one of the worst defenses it's ever had, last year, and this is the guy they hire???? The defensive coordinator, who's defense couldn't stop my lawn mower? Really? BISD is a complete joke.

I think it's a good pick...:)

Well boys, in the era of copy,paste, send even small jobs get between 60-110 applicants when they open. Large jobs have averaged over 50 applicants in our state. WB had a total of 8 applicants I believe. That is a statement in itself. Few good or successful head coaches wanted to touch this situation. I see the BISD admin as the major reason not WB athletics for this lack of interest in the job. I do think WB is still a great football job, it's the STUFF that goes with the job that seems to be the problem.

This boy Peevey seems to have first hand knowledge of the situation and still accepted the challenge. Peevey is considered a good young coach in the coaching circles. I have not heard one negative comment on this young man. He will bring energy and enthusiasm to this program that Flan never could. There are coaches Peevey will bring in that will breath fire into the program. He is a coach that will work with the school to promote the coaches and athletes. He will produce an organized program that will put athletes in a position to be successful. He will be demanding yet fair. The one thing I always hear is that he gets the best out of his kids. Lets see what happens.

I've heard it said he couldn't stop a lawn mower. Maybe we shouldn't try to run the new coach over with a lawn mower. After all when you get what you want (a new coach). WHy  complain.

37 minutes ago, fido said:

Well boys, in the era of copy,paste, send even small jobs get between 60-110 applicants when they open. Large jobs have averaged over 50 applicants in our state. WB had a total of 8 applicants I believe. That is a statement in itself. Few good or successful head coaches wanted to touch this situation. I see the BISD admin as the major reason not WB athletics for this lack of interest in the job. I do think WB is still a great football job, it's the STUFF that goes with the job that seems to be the problem.

This boy Peevey seems to have first hand knowledge of the situation and still accepted the challenge. Peevey is considered a good young coach in the coaching circles. I have not heard one negative comment on this young man. He will bring energy and enthusiasm to this program that Flan never could. There are coaches Peevey will bring in that will breath fire into the program. He is a coach that will work with the school to promote the coaches and athletes. He will produce an organized program that will put athletes in a position to be successful. He will be demanding yet fair. The one thing I always hear is that he gets the best out of his kids. Lets see what happens.

I've heard it said he couldn't stop a lawn mower. Maybe we shouldn't try to run the new coach over with a lawn mower. After all when you get what you want (a new coach). WHy  complain.

Alternative Facts?

This is the hidden content, please

Article lists the FIRST 8 applicants.