70% Of Illegals...

Reagan

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I just heard that 70% of illegals are on government assistance.  Since most normal people know there is not a government money tree, this is mine and your taxes they are giving away.  So -- anyone think giving illegals our hard earned money through taxes is right?

Government assistance is for American citizens only.

20 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I just heard that 70% of illegals are on government assistance.  Since most normal people know there is not a government money tree, this is mine and your taxes they are giving away.  So -- anyone think giving illegals our hard earned money through taxes is right?

well of course....most of the left do.  They ll tell you themselves......I need to look up the stats, but I do believe a good number of the left are on govt assistance......so they could care less about hard earned money......that's foreign words to them.

illegal immigrants are the biggest issue in THIS COUNTRY.....you fix that you fix many things....insurance, health care, crime, lost jobs, depreciated wages, stolen taxpayer resources,  domestic terrorism.

illegal immigrants can easily commit a crime and get slapped on the wrist and the worst that can happen....get sent back to their country only to come back again.

has America forgotten what the word "illegal" means.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

im against most government assistance period.  only extreme cases do I believe govt assistance should take place. 

Welfare, government assistance for the PC people, is very similar to Title IX and Special Education programs.  They were great ideas that are constantly abused and have caused a lazy, give me everything society.  

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

Illegal immigrants don't receive welfare or Medicaid       The anchor babies, who are American citizens, do.  That's a job for this administration.    Amend the constitution to disallow that

So, illegals do not receive any form of government assistance?

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

Welfare, government assistance for the PC people, is very similar to Title IX and Special Education programs.  They were great ideas that are constantly abused and have caused a lazy, give me everything society.  

its funny you mention special education cause I work closely with special education.  You would be amazed at how many parents abuse this.  Its actually quite sad.

2 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

its funny you mention special education cause I work closely with special education.  You would be amazed at how many parents abuse this.  Its actually quite sad.

I understand completely, as I also work closely with special education.  It's not only the parents that abuse it but the kids have learned how to abuse it as well.  It's the "give me something for nothing" mentality that I can't stand.

2 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I understand completely, as I also work closely with special education.  It's not only the parents that abuse it but the kids have learned how to abuse it as well.  It's the "give me something for nothing" mentality that I can't stand.

yep....the teachers have no chance of teaching these kids....due to parents, students, administration, and judges.....and that leads to good teachers leaving the profession....especially the special education sector.

Where is a cite to the research confirming 70% of undocumented people in the United States are receiving government assistance?  I know undocumented people who work, pay taxes, contribute to the economy, and they do not receive a dime of government assistance.  Of the people I know that are undocumented, you would think that I would have come across at least one who received government assistance.  Not so.  Several undocumented people actually work...they don't all show up and cry for government assistance.  Likewise, I know there are cases of citizens who abuse government programs.  Perhaps start there, since you can document them, i.e., find them, and clean up that area of abuse.

I'm guessing most on this board would be opposed to a streamlined program that would enable undocumented people to begin a path to citizenship?  Just out of principle, you would be opposed to that?  What if the undocumented person could prove he/she worked and paid taxes?  Could they have a pathway to citizenship?

Go Indians.  Peace.

30 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Where is a cite to the research confirming 70% of undocumented people in the United States are receiving government assistance?  I know undocumented people who work, pay taxes, contribute to the economy, and they do not receive a dime of government assistance.  Of the people I know that are undocumented, you would think that I would have come across at least one who received government assistance.  Not so.  Several undocumented people actually work...they don't all show up and cry for government assistance.  Likewise, I know there are cases of citizens who abuse government programs.  Perhaps start there, since you can document them, i.e., find them, and clean up that area of abuse.

I'm guessing most on this board would be opposed to a streamlined program that would enable undocumented people to begin a path to citizenship?  Just out of principle, you would be opposed to that?  What if the undocumented person could prove he/she worked and paid taxes?  Could they have a pathway to citizenship?

Go Indians.  Peace.

There is already a path to citizenship.....but that isn't good enough......apparently! Not to mention, if some have been here for as long as some claim, then the long wait issue shouldn't work for t hem.....you've had plenty of time......short answer...yes "The front door"

35 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

I see you don't use the word "illegal" when referring to these people.  If they are here illegally, what part of "illegal" don't you understand?

6 minutes ago, CraigS said:

There is already a path to citizenship.....but that isn't good enough......apparently! Not to mention, if some have been here for as long as some claim, then the long wait issue shouldn't work for t hem.....you've had plenty of time......short answer...yes "The front door"

the path to citizenship is ridiculous.  If you make it next to impossible, most people are going to do what they have to improve their lives.  I'm not excusing their actions, but I certainly understand them.

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

the path to citizenship is ridiculous.  If you make it next to impossible, most people are going to do what they have to improve their lives.  I'm not excusing their actions, but I certainly understand them.

Apparently it isn't that difficult . .. many many many came here and are currently coming here legally. Perhaps you are confusing difficult with lazy and not smart enough......and we want those people, why?

This isn't meant to be combative...I feel this is a very real question, as it pertains to the welfare of our country.

I understand the terms legal and illegal.  Now that the "illegals" are here, and they are law abiding people, working, paying taxes, and contributing to society, should they not have a path to citizenship?  You would rather round up people, send them their country of origin, and tell them, "try again...but, next time, do it legally, whatever legally is, just do it...and go ahead and research the quota that applies to you foreigners."

Why not give them a path to citizenship?  After the period for citizenship ends, then you can round up the ones who choose to remain "illegal".

Do you believe all of the people who immigrated to the United States from 1850-1920, i.e., Irish, Italian, and other Western European people, all came legally?  Look at the big picture, not all of the undocumented or "illegal aliens" are here for a hand out.  Like your ancestors, they are pursuing the American Dream.

Peace.

14 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Apparently it isn't that difficult . .. many many many came here and are currently coming here legally. Perhaps you are confusing difficult with lazy and not smart enough......and we want those people, why?

This isn't meant to be combative...I feel this is a very real question, as it pertains to the welfare of our country.

there's a difference between coming here legally and becoming a legal citizen.  It is not difficult to come over here, or do it legally.  becoming a citizen is the part that is nearly impossible.  most of the illegal aliens that are currently in the country came here through legal channels.  And no, I'm not confusing difficult with lazy or not smart enough. 

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

there's a difference between coming here legally and becoming a legal citizen.  It is not difficult to come over here, or do it legally.  becoming a citizen is the part that is nearly impossible.  most of the illegal aliens that are currently in the country came here through legal channels. 

??? ASSUMING you mean by way of some sort of visa - then let them expire. Then that begs the question - why would they do that?

14 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Tell us what that pathway is?  How long does it take to get a travel visa, green card, etc.  What if there is a quota that prevents your pathway?  What if your country of origin refuses to process a visa?  If the pathway is so easy, and only lazy people fail "to get it," explain the pathway in laymen's terms and how the non-lazy undocumented people in this country can so easily come through the front door?

Peace.

8 minutes ago, CraigS said:

??? ASSUMING you mean by way of some sort of visa - then let them expire. Then that begs the question - why would they do that?

Some of the "illegals" - who came here legally, but now are not - they don't have control over who renews or reissues their visa.  It is not as easy as some would have you believe.

Peace.