Foreman a finalist for a head coaching job

dBerrySports

On 2/16/2017 at 0:37 PM, CardinalBacker said:

The point isn't being upset about TF applying for a better job.... he applied up and down, every spring. 

Let my my boss get wind of me interviewing all over the place and suddenly I'm kicking a can around in front of the unemployment office. 

How can a coach expect kids to buy in when he's already made it clear that he'd rather be ANYWHERE but where he is?

100% agree...

On 2/16/2017 at 4:45 PM, eagleswoodville#1 said:

To fans of Killeen......I wouldn't put a world of faith in this article at all. Lol apparently his commitment doesn't mean more than a text message until he's signed on the dotted line. 

He never actually sent out a email stating he was taking the job at Woodville.  He sent out an email to all staff the other day confirming that he was taking the Shoemaker job...

19 hours ago, D3zii said:

Lol can only Wonder where the Central program would be had Stowers Stayed..most likely with all the success a bigger school offering more money would have came knocking eventually 

Yea, he had them going in the right direction with discipline and long playoff runs.  I wonder if he knows his old job is open again...

23 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Some of Foreman's final numbers...

Overall  23-21

Non-District  3-8

District  20-9

West Brook  0-4

Playoffs  0-4

The only question I have is. If the program doesn't win consistent for the nxt couple years who fault will it be then?? Bcz seems like everyone bashing foreman.just wondering if they will bash the new coach that's coming in. I just hope it's a coach that gets kids to college. From wat I read foreman done a great job of that.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:00 AM, Jag Insider said:

Some of Foreman's final numbers...

Overall  23-21

Non-District  3-8

District  20-9

West Brook  0-4

Playoffs  0-4

I'm just wondering. What was the record the four years before he was there? I thought he had done a decent job, but perhaps not. I wouldn't expect them to beat WB very often anymore. Isn't WB about twice their size now?

7 minutes ago, Volleyball said:

I'm just wondering. What was the record the four years before he was there? I thought he had done a decent job, but perhaps not. I wouldn't expect them to beat WB very often anymore. Isn't WB about twice their size now?

To put things in prospective, the previous coach had more playoff wins in his first year in 2009 than he had in his combined 4 years.  And it's no secret how many of us Jabs felt about the previous regime...

3 hours ago, dj said:

The only question I have is. If the program doesn't win consistent for the nxt couple years who fault will it be then?? Bcz seems like everyone bashing foreman.just wondering if they will bash the new coach that's coming in. I just hope it's a coach that gets kids to college. From wat I read foreman done a great job of that.

See my previous post.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, dj said:

DJ, I'm not taking any shots or bashing Foreman.  Me posting his final numbers is just a fact and something I have always done in a coaching change since I joined this board years ago.  Now I can give you more numbers than you can comprehend if that's what you want.  Yes he did a great job in assisting kids get to college but I think the next man will do the same in that category.  Nobody is bashing the next assumed coach because I doubt he will be applying for other jobs every year for one and most want him to have the job, including myself...

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Volleyball said:

No need to wonder, I'll give it to you...

Coach Washington

2009  9-4 Overall, 7-3 Regular, 2-1 playoffs.  3rd place in district that year.

2010  8-4 Overall, 7-3 Regular, 1-1 playoffs.  District Champs that year.

2011  2-8 Overall

2012  3-7 Overall

Anymore questions?

Well your expectations on the WB/Central game is totally different than mine.  You ever heard the phrase "size doesn't matter"?  :)  Well in this case, it doesn't.  All I will say is

Central 21

West Brook 12

with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter...

38 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Coach Washington

2011  2-8 Overall

2012  3-7 Overall

Anymore questions?

Well your expectations on the WB/Central game is totally different than mine.  You ever heard the phrase "size doesn't matter"?  :)  Well in this case, it doesn't.  All I will say is

Central 21

West Brook 12

then la rav took over in the 3rd...

And lets not mention the deception of roster/jersey number

Ragsdale/Moreaux.......LOL

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Coach Washington

2011  2-8 Overall

2012  3-7 Overall

Anymore questions?

Central 21

West Brook 12

I'm no mathematician... but it seems to me that they ran out of talent in about 2010.  Relative to the opponents on their schedule anyway.  The school is 28-36 since 2010.  Not very good....but if he went 20-9 in district games in 4 years then that's pretty decent.

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm no mathematician... but it seems to me that they ran out of talent in about 2010.  Relative to the opponents on their schedule anyway.  The school is 28-36 since 2010.  Not very good....but if he went 20-9 in district games in 4 years then that's pretty decent.

The winning years were from a team he did not build.

On 2/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, navydawg31 said:
18 minutes ago, 87JAG said:

The winning years were from a team he did not build.

I didn't want to say it but you are absolutely correct.  He had 2 good years off of a disciplined team that Stowers had built.  So I do give Foreman credit for coming in after 2 loosing seasons and turning the ship around.  Hopefully he can do the same at Shoemaker...

I don't have nothing but love for the man.  He tried to do a lot for the kids. I know there are several kids on that team who were penitentiary bound. A few who I brought to his attention myself. He invested a lot of time and effort away from school in them. Everybody might not like him but I know his heart was in the right place. I wish him the best.

Coach Nelson was up against some of the same things at Ozen. He was going that extra mile when they railroaded him. I hope he get the Central job.

I've been saying that BISD's AD cultivated a culture where coaches would rather take a pay cut than stay in the district. If you look at, all head coaches try to leave the district fairly quick.

7 minutes ago, 87JAG said:

I don't have nothing but love for the man.  He tried to do a lot for the kids. I know there are several kids on that team who were penitentiary bound. A few who I brought to his attention myself. He invested a lot of time and effort away from school in them. Everybody might not like him but I know his heart was in the right place. I wish him the best.

Coach Nelson was up against some of the same things at Ozen. He was going that extra mile when they railroaded him. I hope he get the Central job.

I've been saying that BISD's AD cultivated a culture where coaches would rather take a pay cut than stay in the district. If you look at, all head coaches try to leave the district fairly quick.

Nelson has been named the Interim Head Coach.  I don't know when the final decision will be made.

On 2/23/2017 at 9:33 AM, Volleyball said:

West Brook is a small 6A and Central is a large 5A. WB has 2300 students while Central has 1800.